Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 8/29/2019 at 8:31 PM, Tirefryr said:

I am not a fan of the C8.  Perhaps when I see it in person, but, for me, the C7 is the second most beautiful Vette, and the best modern Vette to date.  I get why they had to go mid-engine, but to me, it's now no longer a sports car nor grand tourer. 

Sorry, I had to downvote this.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:17 PM, nem said:

The turning radius does suck on the 5th gen. I tell people the 4runner is never the answer because they are lack luster, boring, and run forever. 

It's my wife's dream car. Looking into getting her one in the next year. It may be the only purchase of this size I surprise her with

17 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Those with truck experience, I need some help here.  My truck has quite a bit of room behind the seats.  I have an 18" Ultimax I would like to run in there.  I am worried about cancellation if I fire forward, so I am going to load it off the rear wall.  I've never used this application in a truck before.  Does anyone think it will be an issue?

I had mine firing up in my truck. Worth a try.

33 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

It's my wife's dream car. Looking into getting her one in the next year. It may be the only purchase of this size I surprise her with

She must be a rebel.

Rebelling against these full frame-less crossovers.  ;)

8 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Sorry, I had to downvote this.

It's quite alright.  Not many people understand my common sense.

8 hours ago, nem said:

I had mine firing up in my truck. Worth a try.

I don't have room for that, and it would require a massive undertaking for protection if I did.  Guess I'm forced to build and test.  Thank you for your input though!

My buddy just traded his GT in for a GT350.  Will get to spend some time in it to see if that is a better starting point.  See some FI options for it as well.

11 hours ago, nem said:

She must be a rebel.

Rebelling against these full frame-less crossovers.  ;)

Get one with a manual and you’ll really be a rebel. :lol:

Seriously though they do win my heart in styling. Same with the FJ. Some of the more distinct looking vehicles on the road today. 

In a time when the Jeep, bmw, Porsche, Honda, Explorer etc literally look the same from the side and back. All have a swoop in the bottom body line, an outward arch above the top line and doors that look like fruit bowls.

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Get one with a manual and you’ll really be a rebel. :lol:

Seriously though they do win my heart in styling. Same with the FJ. Some of the more distinct looking vehicles on the road today. 

In a time when the Jeep, bmw, Porsche, Honda, Explorer etc literally look the same from the side and back. All have a swoop in the bottom body line, an outward arch above the top line and doors that look like fruit bowls.

Odd to me that you think that.  I don't think any of them look alike.  I can distinguish any of them without issue.

Just picked up a Huawei p30 lite.  So far liking it.  Still the fairly base android setup, not all bastardized like Samsung does.  So far liking the phone.  But, that's just first impressions.

Wow-wee's aren't available here.  Otherwise I may have one.  Pixel > bastardized shit and I am sure what you got is way closer to the real experience

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Odd to me that you think that.  I don't think any of them look alike.  I can distinguish any of them without issue.

Not saying I can’t distinguish. Just saying they all have the same similar styling from the side and back. I will gladly post pics to back my case. 

Don’t mind me buddy, I’m just feeling extra feisty this week. On day eight working 10+ hour days at the scab factory. That and have a rash over half my body. 

How are you doing Ryan?

I just remembered I ordered 4 sheets of hydrophobic melamine foam at about 1am this morning.

nothing like spontaneous late night shopping. Haha

Huge favor to ask of anyone that may be able to help. Annikya needs a few more sorority recommendation letters from past sorority sisters, to get excepted into a sorority. 

So I was curious if anyones wife or someone they know was in a sorority, and happens to have a little free time today to help a little honey out? She can send her portfolio and resume to help them out These are the sororities. AOPi, Alpha Phi, chi omega, and KD

I know it’s one in 1 million. But out of other resources and promised her I would ask.

Image may contain: Annikya Wight, smiling, sky, mountain, outdoor and nature

13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

It's quite alright.  Not many people understand my common sense.

All too often I also find myself talking to God, as so to speak amongst peers.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

My buddy just traded his GT in for a GT350.  Will get to spend some time in it to see if that is a better starting point.  See some FI options for it as well.

Detailed review and video evidence of exhaust notes.

15 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Huge favor to ask of anyone that may be able to help. Annikya needs a few more sorority recommendation letters from past sorority sisters, to get excepted into a sorority. 

So I was curious if anyones wife or someone they know was in a sorority, and happens to have a little free time today to help a little honey out? These are the sororities. AOPi, Alpha Phi, chi omega, and KD

I know it’s one in 1 million. But out of other resources and promised her I would ask.

Something something I know a ton of sorority girls.....

:rimshot:

Congrats to her and you.  Way to raise a good one my man!

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

So I was curious if anyones wife or someone they know was in a sorority, and happens to have a little free time today to help a little honey out? She can send her portfolio and resume to help them out These are the sororities. AOPi, Alpha Phi, chi omega, and KD

I can ask my daughter if she can get someone.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Wow-wee's aren't available here.  Otherwise I may have one.  Pixel > bastardized shit and I am sure what you got is way closer to the real experience

It was between a pixel and the Huawei.  The Huawei came with more incentive for me so that's what I went for.

Speaking of new Fords.  Well I got to spend a long weekend on the road with the (new to our family) 2018 Escape.  It only has 7800 miles on it now (I put 500 on it over the weekend) as it was sitting in storage in Philadelphia for over a year I believe.  

It's a monster difference from our XC60 T6, but I have come to like the Escape (and it is totally unfair to compare the two cars).  The 1.5T moves it along just fine for most needs, but not too much noticeable thrust.  It is tuned and geared for MPG for sure, but I am surprised the MPG isn't higher.  It's still 3mpg lower than the heavier, and much more powerful Volvo. The interior plastics are not my fav, but they are fine.  The sound insulation is surprisingly good, and the front seats get it done for a road trip.  Suspension isn't as soft as I assumed, and the body roll isn't bad at all.  Interior space wise, its not all that much smaller than our Volvo.  Its easier to pop around town to the shops in the Escape than the Volvo, Major bugaboos for me is the ergonomics, the tach and speedometer are too flat, the steering wheel stalks are too high, wheel doesn't telescope, brake pedal is not aligned with the gas pedal in terms of being able to slide your right foot to the left smoothly.  But other than those few things, I really did like driving it all over PA and back, (in terms of filling the need for a safe, peppy, and comfy family car.)