Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

15 minutes ago, nigel said:

that's awesome.  Put a smile on my face seeing that pic nem.

That is my pap and uncle. 

1 hour ago, nigel said:

that's awesome.  Put a smile on my face seeing that pic nem.

Me 2.  Just got back from the tractor show myself.  I will post some pics later.  Got to climb around on a 150hp case that was custom built.

Eero now lets me visit SSA! Woot!

Have to say that the mesh system has been insanely reliable and high performing.

17 hours ago, nem said:

I hope at 99 I can still do this.

Image may contain: 1 person, cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

I want to like a few more times.

I need a new phone. 

My job will probably require me to have some flagship type phone, and I'm fine with that other than no headphone jack.

Has anyone solved this?

I just keep the adapter connected to my headphone jack.  Sucks...but I like the Pixel.

The el cheapo Pixel has a headphone jack.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I just keep the adapter connected to my headphone jack.  Sucks...but I like the Pixel.

The el cheapo Pixel has a headphone jack.

I have heard that the dongle makes the audio absolute horseshit.  You say no?

Stock one is ok depending on your source, environment and goals....but that being said I guess I am now going to do some A/B testing.  Bastard.  Pretty sure you just cost me money.  Of course, I've never had a phone that had a great DAC so I hope there are now ones available.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Stock one is ok depending on your source, environment and goals....but that being said I guess I am now going to do some A/B testing.  Bastard.  Pretty sure you just cost me money.  Of course, I've never had a phone that had a great DAC so I hope there are now ones available.

Figure it out and get back to me, mmkay thanks.

:D

if you can even tolerate the dongle then I can handle it.  My new boss saw my phone with it's broken screen and more than 6 month old style and said, "You cannot be seen with that.". it is honestly more spider web than screen now.

My listening is only: when I ride my bike, walking through an airport, on an airplane, and occasionally in a car.  All of those situations have a lot of background noise so separation which is where these all fail first is not that big of a deal.  Those conditions almost always have me streaming as well which may be as big of a sad influence on the source as well.  

Once the plane takes off I usually use my laptop as a music source as it carries my complete music collection at all times.  Can't say it is noticeably better....but I've also never used headphones with my laptop not on a plane.

The only two headphones I've tried on either are the included Google nonsense and my Alclairs.  The dongle doesn't have enough cahones, but I don't think much does that is portable.

The el cheapo winner looks like the Apple dongle.  $9.  Lol

Could be my first Apple product in a long time.  I no longer have a reference sound card to test against outside of my desktop which is inconveniently for this in the furnace room in my basement.

...which is under the kitchen so the monitor and keyboard etc are upstairs.

So, to test I need a DAC.  Anyone have a newer cheap USB recommendation?

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

The el cheapo winner looks like the Apple dongle.  $9.  Lol

Have you ever looked into those bricks that take in bluetooth or shitty 3.5 and turn it into better sound?

I thought the dongle was so bad it was worthless.

I think I can survive with my bluetooth headset for when I have to, bit I have audio from my phone playing 8 hours a day.  Easy 8 hours.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Have you ever looked into those bricks that take in bluetooth or shitty 3.5 and turn it into better sound?

I thought the dongle was so bad it was worthless.

I think I can survive with my bluetooth headset for when I have to, bit I have audio from my phone playing 8 hours a day.  Easy 8 hours.

Far from worthless.  Pretty sure it is better than my LG G5 output was.  

2:30 am sitting here wide awake unable to sleep. 

And the headphone jack output on the lg g5 Is terrible.

Edited by nigel

New GM/Chevy seem to have the hardest clear on their trucks. Almost to the point of wet sanding is the only way to get them correct. 

12 hours ago, nem said:

2018 Chevy Silverado full of scratches!

No photo description available.

Image may contain: car

Damn Nem. I'm not even kidding, when I saw the last pic on Insta I thought, why did he take a picture of his car on that last pic?

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Damn Nem. I'm not even kidding, when I saw the last pic on Insta I thought, why did he take a picture of his car on that last pic?

Ha, I didn't notice on my phone either.  Lol

14 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Far from worthless.  Pretty sure it is better than my LG G5 output was.  

Great review.

10/10

Sold me on not being worried.

The webernets were often more harsh.  I love that I can just follow your lead with audio equipment. Lol

Keep up the good work boss!

11 hours ago, nem said:

New GM/Chevy seem to have the hardest clear on their trucks. Almost to the point of wet sanding is the only way to get them correct. 

They are ALL super-hard.  I was just discussing this with our PPG rep.  These things cure in hours and there are no more solvents to evaporate.  It's strictly endothermic and boom, they're done. 

49 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

They are ALL super-hard.  I was just discussing this with our PPG rep.  These things cure in hours and there are no more solvents to evaporate.  It's strictly endothermic and boom, they're done. 

Make my fun work harder!