Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

17 hours ago, dem beats said:

Oooooooooh TV.

~2008-2010 Sharp

I have 8 (IIRC) on my 2009 Sharp in my bedroom.

My 2017 Samsung in the living room only has 4.

J

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I have 8 (IIRC) on my 2009 Sharp in my bedroom.

My 2017 Samsung in the living room only has 4.

J

To be clear.

It has more than 2.

Only 1 is easy to access.  2 are reasonable with the TV mounts I have in the house without pulling the TV away from the wall.   I just didnt want to change TV mounts just to have more room to access more HDMI.

I'm lazy ok?

You guys are all jerks!

:D

27 minutes ago, dem beats said:

To be clear.

It has more than 2.

Only 1 is easy to access.  2 are reasonable with the TV mounts I have in the house without pulling the TV away from the wall.   I just didnt want to change TV mounts just to have more room to access more HDMI.

I'm lazy ok?

You guys are all jerks!

Makes sense to me. If you aren't mounting it right, it doesn't make the right connection.

J

If you have a spot for a 19" rack I would start hitting Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for a deal on something with HDMI switching.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:36 PM, ///M5 said:

If you have a spot for a 19" rack I would start hitting Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for a deal on something with HDMI switching.

Probably how its gonna go.  I mean, she has the footprint of a playstation so...

Make sure to test th HDMI switching.  Most common failure on Integra/Onkyo and Pio units....at least from the ones I have played with....or broke on both mine

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Make sure to test th HDMI switching.  Most common failure on Integra/Onkyo and Pio units....at least from the ones I have played with....or broke on both mine

Will do.

I think I may have just got her to downgrade to just the fire stick!  So then all I need to do is figure out tunes.  Or just never spend a penny.

Me not spending extra feels weird.

Whoo hoo. Outer bands from this tropical storm are pushing in. The center is supposed to go well north west of us. Looking at a few other weather sites though, some have the majority of the energy coming a lot closer. In turn we get a tornado watch until noon Saturday. Already had one small twister touch down here in town and take the power in some spots.

Also got the 500mm in today just before I had to leave for a meeting. doing a few test shots tonight, it's not too shabby. Worth what I paid, but the box showed up damaged, and he sent it with USPS instead of the FedEx I paid for (hence the delay). I'll see how it does tomorrow, but I'm bringing the 70-200 with me just in case.

J

Not sure if I asked about this but tips on dishwashers? The W loves to put soiled dishes in. I've seen some with a good disposer, seems legit.

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Not sure if I asked about this but tips on dishwashers? The W loves to put soiled dishes in. I've seen some with a good disposer, seems legit.

Best to really rinse them well and then load. Use the finish agent (aka jet dry) and you should be good. Cascade gets my dishes damn clean.

J

3 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Teach her to rinse them.  Get a dumpster type sink.  Giant thing with a beastly grinder under it.  Bone crusher fam.  Then NEVER EVER look back.

As for then just sticky, gross, nasty, dishes, I highly recommend Bosch.  I think they provide so much clean at such a great value.  Buy the most gangster you can afford or fits your style.  If the waifu needs a pain job or material,  they can get it now.

I however own an Asko.  Same price as it was on super clearance.  The piano black paint was better than the basic white everything else offered without an upcharge, and stainless would have been >$300 more.  

Alright, so I'm dying to get a fun vehicle of some kind. Was looking at scooters, then came across this...

My buddy bought it and then realized having 3 vehicles at a small house, sucks. 2002 Miata SE (6 sp manual), 128K miles, always garaged kept, good soft top, good tires. He said he sell it to me for what he bought it for $3700. I drove it and the clutch is in great condition.

I'm itching hard to get it. At $3700, I think I can sell it for the same price a few years down the road.

IMG_20191018_155750.jpg

5 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Alright, so I'm dying to get a fun vehicle of some kind. Was looking at scooters, then came across this...

My buddy bought it and then realized having 3 vehicles at a small house, sucks. 2002 Miata SE (6 sp manual), 128K miles, always garaged kept, good soft top, good tires. He said he sell it to me for what he bought it for $3700. I drove it and the clutch is in great condition.

I'm itching hard to get it. At $3700, I think I can sell it for the same price a few years down the road.

IMG_20191018_155750.jpg

What makes this car 'fun' for you? I ask as the only Miata's I've driven have never left a smile plastered on my face. Just shame and regret.

J

12 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

IMG_20191018_155750.jpg

Mazdas, mopeds, mullets, and THICCMILFS.

All a great time until the b'ys see you with one.

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

What makes this car 'fun' for you? I ask as the only Miata's I've driven have never left a smile plastered on my face. Just shame and regret.

J

There like a fun go cart to me. The guy who owns it now has a 2016 GT Mustang, even owning that he said he likes the way the Miata handles.

I used to drive a Saturn SL2 5 speed (125 HP and 2300lbs). I loved driving that thing. This has a bit more HP and is RWD

12 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Don't know what you mean by soiled, bit isn't that their purpose?  Dirty dishes go in, clean dishes go out, within reason.  

My buddy had a Miata and it was awesome.  But I barely fit.  Not an option for me.  But it's great in the passenger seat, with the top down.

For short trips.  :D

I think they are amazing. I'm just too big.

20 hours ago, MKader17 said:

There like a fun go cart to me. The guy who owns it now has a 2016 GT Mustang, even owning that he said he likes the way the Miata handles.

I used to drive a Saturn SL2 5 speed (125 HP and 2300lbs). I loved driving that thing. This has a bit more HP and is RWD

Fair enough. I never felt comfortable in one.

J

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Fair enough. I never felt comfortable in one.

J

Size matters bro!

They feel like you're steering from your hips honestly, but they are so fucking crampy for me that I really have a lot of hate for the Miata too.

Maybe part of that is because I know I would never enjoy owning one and it can actually tick all the boxes if I get to work on it.  LS slips in pretty nice...

Sold our first DM 150.2 yesterday. :)

7 minutes ago, S.DeYoung said:

:peepwall:

:Tom:

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Sold our first DM 150.2 yesterday. :)

I want to buy a couple, but I have a butt load of RF gear.