Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Wrestling was fun, often boring, and damn, there are some sick fuckers out there who do some nasty shit. 

And FUCK Metformin!  Seriously!

One week without that shit and one pill, just one fucking pill.

8 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Wrestling was fun, often boring, and damn, there are some sick fuckers out there who do some nasty shit. 

I wrestled from 3rd grade and loved it. I can teach him a lot. Plus it will be good for me. 

Some would say I am a mat fag from way back ;)

15 hours ago, nem said:

Did my first insurance job today. A car I did last year was in an accident, when the insurance company ran the information they saw it was ceramic coated by and accredited installer and on the carfax. The insurance company requested a quote to do the car again and they paid me.  

Who would have thought. Guess I am doing something right.

I hope you quoted real pricing. ;)

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I hope you quoted real pricing. ;)

Just to cover materials.

I did not know there was bare knuckle fighting. Looks not fun at my age.

I sure as hell would not be in the ring; but it is entertaining.

J

I am not even sure I want to watch that

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am not even sure I want to watch that

Mind if I ask why not? Similar style to boxing, just nothing to protect the knuckles. No kicks, nothing below the waist.

J

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Mind if I ask why not? Similar style to boxing, just nothing to protect the knuckles. No kicks, nothing below the waist.

J

He is a thrill seeking maniac who will become obsessed with defeating other men in combat.

I saw it in his eyes.  Uncontrolled blood rage simmering below the surface. 

Since becoming a parent, my tolerance of brutality has become little to none.  My brain always reverts to, "what if that was my son?"

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Since becoming a parent, my tolerance of brutality has become little to none.  My brain always reverts to, "what if that was my son?"

I can respect that. For me I hope that my daughter is able to defend herself if needed, and should she choose to learn how to fight properly, I'd ensure she was trained by the best I could get. The guys and gals who sign up for anything in fighting know the risks, and embrace them as a part of the culture. Much like many of us have done with hearing loss at some point.

J

15 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I can respect that. For me I hope that my daughter is able to defend herself if needed, and should she choose to learn how to fight properly, I'd ensure she was trained by the best I could get. The guys and gals who sign up for anything in fighting know the risks, and embrace them as a part of the culture. Much like many of us have done with hearing loss at some point.

J

Defending one's self is totally different.  Stepping into ring to beat one another senseless is asinine. 

I get it, completely.  I used to be the fighter.  I would fight every chance I got.  It was thrilling to me, even though many times I got my ass whooped.  I backed down from no man.  Now I am wiser.  Sometimes even watching football makes me cringe.  I see a guy get a nasty hit and get carted off the field and it saddens me.  Many years ago, I would cheer for that hit.

After 13 years doing what I do for a living, I personally couldn't care to go to see a fight, nor watch one on tv.

I deal with some of the nastiest fights there are, and see the outcome of what it does.

That being said, self defense, or defense of another is a completely different ball game, and in those situations, I will do what I need to to ensure I and those I care about are kept safe.

17 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Defending one's self is totally different.  Stepping into ring to beat one another senseless is asinine. 

I get it, completely.  I used to be the fighter.  I would fight every chance I got.  It was thrilling to me, even though many times I got my ass whooped.  I backed down from no man.  Now I am wiser.  Sometimes even watching football makes me cringe.  I see a guy get a nasty hit and get carted off the field and it saddens me.  Many years ago, I would cheer for that hit.

As for the brutal football hits, I do the same. I used to fight for shit's and giggles as well. It just got old to me. I still enjoy watching and photographing it whenever possible.

2 hours ago, nigel said:

After 13 years doing what I do for a living, I personally couldn't care to go to see a fight, nor watch one on tv.

I deal with some of the nastiest fights there are, and see the outcome of what it does.

That being said, self defense, or defense of another is a completely different ball game, and in those situations, I will do what I need to to ensure I and those I care about are kept safe.

I apologize if you've said before, but what has you seeing this up close and from the sounds of it often? I certainly agree self defense or defending another is a different animal altogether.

Don't get me wrong guys, I respect the choice of others not to support it. The decision not to buy merchandise, PPV's, tickets, or even watch highlights on ESPN is your decision. I support you guys making that choice, and I'm happy that we are in a society where every day is not a fight or die type thing. For me though, I grew up watching boxing on HBO and Showtime on weekend nights with my Dad. As my parents were divorced, and often I was 'shuffled off' to just hangout with my step siblings, these fights were always important to me. We would discuss the fights, and why X boxer was winning on the cards, and what Y needed to do in order to come back. He was also a boxer himself in HS, and did the Buffalo Golden Gloves. My older half brother is still and independent wrestler, and for a number of years I was a ref, manager, ring announcer, and damn near everything else besides a wrestler. Hell, the only reason I never trained was the distance from a good school when I was younger, and then leaving for Active Duty. Additionally, my great uncle on my mother's side was the welterweight and middle weight champ (Carmen Basilio). I guess you could say enjoying boxing, and fighting in general is in my blood.

J

Good god, is like an estrogen bath in here.

If any of you have already started the transformation, I support you 100%. 

To go back and tell my younger dumber self the effects those quick fights would have years later. 
You know. After replacing a front tooth this year, from being head-butted at 16. Or the couple molars that went the way of the dodo a few years ago, from a good roundhouse a couple decades before. Or that the opponent would someday be my child’s teacher. Oh what a jackass.

Oh just reflecting on life... sitting here on my 42 birthday this morning. Where the fuck did the years go?

Well, HAPPY BERFDAY!

1 minute ago, Tirefryr said:

Well, HAPPY BERFDAY!

Thanks buddy :-)

Some of this weeks fun. The W wanted more tombstones, so busted these out!No photo description available.No photo description available.

Paint time....

No photo description available.No photo description available.

Putting the sister to work.

Image may contain: one or more people, food and indoorImage may contain: one or more people