Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

House looks real good!

This is the first year I have enjoyed Halloween again.

Have a Spooktacular Birthday!

16 minutes ago, nem said:

House looks real good!

This is the first year I have enjoyed Halloween again.

Why the first year? Are you still involved in the Spookhaven? 

Thanks! Is the only holiday worth decorating for. :D

17 minutes ago, nem said:

Have a Spooktacular Birthday!

Thanks mang :-)

10 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Why the first year? Are you still involved in the Spookhaven? 

Thanks! Is the only holiday worth decorating for. :D

No longer doing spookhaven. We are still friends and believe it or not living something completely ruins it for me.

Cool lamp.

14 minutes ago, nem said:

Cool lamp.

Thanks. they were intended to be a father's day gifts, but I'm slow.

Having two pairs of CA18's and some 1189's in hand, I naturally could not resist building Zaph's waveguide TMM design.

http://www.zaphaudio.com/Waveguidetmm.html

But the waveguides he had used are no longer available. Finally, I found these that have all but the same specs!! WOOT woot!!

No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.

11 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I apologize if you've said before, but what has you seeing this up close and from the sounds of it often? I certainly agree self defense or defending another is a different animal altogether.

Don't get me wrong guys, I respect the choice of others not to support it. The decision not to buy merchandise, PPV's, tickets, or even watch highlights on ESPN is your decision. I support you guys making that choice, and I'm happy that we are in a society where every day is not a fight or die type thing. For me though, I grew up watching boxing on HBO and Showtime on weekend nights with my Dad. As my parents were divorced, and often I was 'shuffled off' to just hangout with my step siblings, these fights were always important to me. We would discuss the fights, and why X boxer was winning on the cards, and what Y needed to do in order to come back. He was also a boxer himself in HS, and did the Buffalo Golden Gloves. My older half brother is still and independent wrestler, and for a number of years I was a ref, manager, ring announcer, and damn near everything else besides a wrestler. Hell, the only reason I never trained was the distance from a good school when I was younger, and then leaving for Active Duty. Additionally, my great uncle on my mother's side was the welterweight and middle weight champ (Carmen Basilio). I guess you could say enjoying boxing, and fighting in general is in my blood.

J

I'm a corrections officer (prison guard) in a federal max penitentiary.  Spent the past 5.5 years working our segregation unit, and being a primary responder to any calls for staff assistance within the complex.

Pretty much, anything happens when I'm on shift, I am one of the guys dealing with it.  

With spending that much time in a pure testosterone filled adrenaline filled environment, I prefer to spend my down time much more relaxed and laid back for balance.

It's not that I don't support the fight industry as a sport, or can't enjoy the intricacies of everything involved in it.  And with your family history within that environment, it would seem wrong for you to turn your back on that.  You were born and raised into it, and it has great meaning in your life, with a deep rooted connection to close members of your family which is amazing. 

Excellent work and happy cake day Jared!!!!

1 hour ago, nigel said:

I'm a corrections officer (prison guard) in a federal max penitentiary.  Spent the past 5.5 years working our segregation unit, and being a primary responder to any calls for staff assistance within the complex.

Pretty much, anything happens when I'm on shift, I am one of the guys dealing with it.  

With spending that much time in a pure testosterone filled adrenaline filled environment, I prefer to spend my down time much more relaxed and laid back for balance.

It's not that I don't support the fight industry as a sport, or can't enjoy the intricacies of everything involved in it.  And with your family history within that environment, it would seem wrong for you to turn your back on that.  You were born and raised into it, and it has great meaning in your life, with a deep rooted connection to close members of your family which is amazing. 

Big props on doing that. From my limited second hand knowledge, Fed Max is no joke, and many have a true 'no fucks given' mindset. I do not blame you for having a very laid back downtime. Hell in that environment I would too. I also know a bunch of my brothers who were door kickers would color kids coloring books, play with Legos, or other simple kids based activities in addition to the 'gym' during their downtime.

Aside from the family history in this environment, I've always been intrigued by what man will do to provide, and what the story is behind it. In this instance, I get to tell the tale through my camera lens, and in some situations with my words as well. Either form provides an opportunity to promote people doing something I don't do myself, but have a lot of respect for and as you pointed out a history with.

J

We definitely have quite a few with the "no fucks given" mindset.

A lot of lifers with nothing to look forward to, that are young gang members.  Gang politics run the subculture.  Can make for a very difficult work environment.

And I love Lego, but then I always have, and was a huge part of my childhood.  Now get to build it with the kids.

And yes, gym time is huge.  It's a great stress reliever.  And keeping in shape for myself and my family is very important.  I also play volleyball twice a week as well, so long as I'm not on shift.

Shit.  Happy birthday mang.  Completely missed the post as I spent all day in the garage cleaning after sinking the fuck out of my wheeler on sat.  My thighs are so sore I can hardly walk lol.

On 10/27/2019 at 8:16 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Thanks mang :-)

Shit I missed it too.

Happy Bday!

Hope it was a great b-day Jared.

I got a new phone on Saturday.  It is nice to look at, but I cannot turn it past its lock screen.  Derp.

Thankfully I paid my last phone off and have it as a backup.  Cracked screen and random glitches, but it kind of works.

I was going to use my backup phone from my non profit but that was glitched on the lock screen also.

Holy crap mang.  You win.

Tombstones, speakers, and that lamp.  That lamp is sweet.  Seriously sweet.

Might steal your idea and make a floor stander 

So....  I'm now on that green bubble master race now.  Maybe 90% transferred from android and stumbling like bambi on ice.

Holy cow. 

O_O

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Might steal your idea and make a floor stander 

I stole the idea from Pinterest. Tons of examples on there. Believe it or not there’s a company that sells them for $399 a pop. 

If I was to build a tall one, I’d probably use galvanized hard pipe as the upright. that or build some crazy steampunk looking one out of random parts. Like gears and connecting rods.