Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I think you will be speechless and shit yourself when you see the next piece I build. :D

On 10/27/2019 at 2:28 PM, nigel said:

We definitely have quite a few with the "no fucks given" mindset.

A lot of lifers with nothing to look forward to, that are young gang members.  Gang politics run the subculture.  Can make for a very difficult work environment.

And I love Lego, but then I always have, and was a huge part of my childhood.  Now get to build it with the kids.

And yes, gym time is huge.  It's a great stress reliever.  And keeping in shape for myself and my family is very important.  I also play volleyball twice a week as well, so long as I'm not on shift.

LEGO for life! One of the most relaxing pass times I’ve found. My 2yo granddaughter is super into them so have a new building partner. 

mad props on dealing with the shit you do at work. I’d need to heavily disconnect in my off time if I did that.

34 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

I stole the idea from Pinterest. Tons of examples on there. Believe it or not there’s a company that sells them for $399 a pop. 

If I was to build a tall one, I’d probably use galvanized hard pipe as the upright. that or build some crazy steampunk looking one out of random parts. Like gears and connecting rods. 

My vote is build a tall steampunk.  They look awesome.

2 hours ago, nigel said:

My vote is build a tall steampunk.  They look awesome.

Believe me my mind ran wild with ideas. Kept it simple for the sake of completion in a timely manner though, for gift purposes. 
The next one I built will be for myself, to use at my job. So on the lookout for parts...

A weighted base is important. I am routing steel plates into the wooden base under the hubcap of these as we speak. 
Had originally planned on an old farm gear for the base, but found the hubcaps. 

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I stole the idea from Pinterest. Tons of examples on there. Believe it or not there’s a company that sells them for $399 a pop. 

If I was to build a tall one, I’d probably use galvanized hard pipe as the upright. that or build some crazy steampunk looking one out of random parts. Like gears and connecting rods. 

Funny you mention this.  I've wanted to create some art of tbe same essence for my living room.  I was going to dedicate one wall to each of the 4 strokes for representation.  

20 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Funny you mention this.  I've wanted to create some art of tbe same essence for my living room.  I was going to dedicate one wall to each of the 4 strokes for representation.  

You’ve got my vote. Would love to see a shot when it’s done. :D

On 10/29/2019 at 1:51 AM, dem beats said:

So....  I'm now on that green bubble master race now.  Maybe 90% transferred from android and stumbling like bambi on ice.

Holy cow. 

O_O

I thought you Appletarded yourself a year ago

On 10/29/2019 at 7:12 AM, j-roadtatts said:

I think you will be speechless and shit yourself when you see the next piece I build. :D

Can't wait

On 10/29/2019 at 10:21 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Believe me my mind ran wild with ideas. Kept it simple for the sake of completion in a timely manner though, for gift purposes. 
The next one I built will be for myself, to use at my job. So on the lookout for parts...

I have a piece in works that is going on nearly 15 years without motion.  One sticking point that has me waffling.  You gave me some inspiration to get it moving.  

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I have a piece in works that is going on nearly 15 years without motion.  One sticking point that has me waffling.  You gave me some inspiration to get it moving.  

I no longer feel bad that I have projects 18+ mths old.

J

7 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

That there is the shit I like! :slayer:

You two would get a long damn well. One of the better people I've met here.

J

To be fair on the time, when I scrapped my car I pulled off particular parts of it to use for a project later.  Until I moved here I didn't need what I was going to build and it will go in a room I never go in so my motivation was not high.  Then we had kids and they trump everything for me.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I thought you Appletarded yourself a year ago

Nope.

I have had the same galaxy for a bit more than a year.  I broke 2 back to back, and then 3 days after getting the Galaxy 9+ with a protector and a case, someone bumped into my arm and knocked it to the ground in Miami and I swore I would keep it until I paid it off on the monthly plan.  The Catholic in me needed some good flagellation as the phone replacement costs were going past cocaine and hooker indulgences and that's just not gonna fly with my budget.

It's great so far though.  I have a bazillion other android or windows options around though so maybe I'm not a good judge of what's good for Mr Everyday.  For the guy who wants their phone for creating media and doing work though.... this is the king of the hill.  I'll miss some of the consumer and media options from android but this is so much more efficient. 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

To be fair on the time, when I scrapped my car I pulled off particular parts of it to use for a project later.  Until I moved here I didn't need what I was going to build and it will go in a room I never go in so my motivation was not high.  Then we had kids and they trump everything for me.

Kids always should be for most situations. For some they are the motivation to make changes, but unfortunately they are on the sidelines during those changes.

J

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Nope.

I have had the same galaxy for a bit more than a year.  I broke 2 back to back, and then 3 days after getting the Galaxy 9+ with a protector and a case, someone bumped into my arm and knocked it to the ground in Miami and I swore I would keep it until I paid it off on the monthly plan.  The Catholic in me needed some good flagellation as the phone replacement costs were going past cocaine and hooker indulgences and that's just not gonna fly with my budget.

It's great so far though.  I have a bazillion other android or windows options around though so maybe I'm not a good judge of what's good for Mr Everyday.  For the guy who wants their phone for creating media and doing work though.... this is the king of the hill.  I'll miss some of the consumer and media options from android but this is so much more efficient. 

More efficient?  I am curious for what.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

More efficient?  I am curious for what.

I like moving through apps better.  

The UI and how I interact with it is better.  I use Siri and find it works and it pleasant vs google was a bitch.

Camera is frustrating because I am not used to it yet but much more enjoyable to just shoot than anything I've used in a long time.  I bet I would like the pixel more for the stills if I wanted to nitpick but this seems to shoot faster and the video is a lot better.

Edited by dem beats

Happy Halloween SSA friends. :)

15 hours ago, dem beats said:

The UI and how I interact with it is better.  I use Siri and find it works and it pleasant vs google was a bitch.

Camera is frustrating because I am not used to it yet but much more enjoyable to just shoot than anything I've used in a long time.  I bet I would like the pixel more for the stills if I wanted to nitpick but this seems to shoot faster and the video is a lot better.

The camera does take a touch of getting used to, but overall not bad.

J

It's somewhat nice being in an apartment on Halloween. No kids came to the door in the last few years, and none this year. It keeps the dog quiet, but I am looking forward to having a house in the future and passing out candy.

J

On 10/31/2019 at 2:26 AM, dem beats said:

You should have demoed a pixel.  I fucking hate the Samsung gui.  Fucking terrible interface.  I find the iPhone clunky

I tried to mimic my use though which is internet, email,music, text and phone basically

Samsung Gui is horrendous.  Terribly unintuitive.  I want to smash my wife's Samsung phone everytime I use it.

That said, I love android, just not when it's bastardized.  Had a Google Nexus 4 for years, loved it.  LG G5 I loved.  Both were unadulterated android interface.

Now I have a Huawei, I know you can't get it in the USA, but again, they've left the android interface just the way I like it.  Just I'm sure with some hidden background spy shit, but whatever, not like I have any national or trade secrets anyway.  

I picked up an iPhone once.  Tried to figure it out for all of 5 seconds, got frustrated and handed it back.  Never tried another one since.  They work like the mechanics in a British car, ass fucking backwards.