Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

20 hours ago, ///M5 said:

You should have demoed a pixel.  I fucking hate the Samsung gui.  Fucking terrible interface.  I find the iPhone clunky

What made it clunky for you? I think it works smoothly. Granted I also like the integration with my Macbooks.

J

Extra finger motion = clunky.  I like things to be as efficient as possible otherwise I get frustrated trying to figure out how to make them more efficient

Sitting at the airport on my way to Germany again.  I pack efficiently as well.  Nothing I won't use and easy in a carry on for a week.

I hate, hate, hate wasting.  It is a resource we never get back.

Android 10 is way, way, way better than 9

Solid points. I try to be as efficient as possible as well. Not always an easy task at all.

J

That's another efficiency gain is the integration with Windows that Android has.  Wirelessly automatically sharing texts, calendar, pictures, so that I don't have to pull my phone off the charger to do anything.  Voice control is better on the Android as well.  Add to that control of home automation and it makes it hard to swallow the A product.

I am also soured as they are a huge customer and SUPER shitty to deal with.

On 11/1/2019 at 7:57 PM, ///M5 said:

You should have demoed a pixel.  I fucking hate the Samsung gui.  Fucking terrible interface.  I find the iPhone clunky

Latest pixel vs latest iPhone made me buy the iPhone. 

When using either I couldn't find a reason to pick the pixel other than a slightly more familiar if not slightly better camera experience. 

I phone did all the rest of my stuff like texting, and music listening better. Currently it connects to more devices with greater ease. That was the biggest shock. Previously I found iPhones suck at connecting. 

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Extra finger motion = clunky.  I like things to be as efficient as possible otherwise I get frustrated trying to figure out how to make them more efficient

Now I'll call your shit.  

Lol

I've spent at least half as much time fucking around in unintuitive menus now that I'm on iPhone. People absolutely exaggerate the "so simple grandma can do it", but I move through every day interface significantly faster. 

The ios UI is an order of magnitude better for efficiency of movements. So much so that the Pixel 4 just feels like it wanted to be an iphone but your shitty friend said "I can make one of those, but better and for less!"  And they absolutely could not. 

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That's another efficiency gain is the integration with Windows that Android has.  Wirelessly automatically sharing texts, calendar, pictures, so that I don't have to pull my phone off the charger to do anything.  Voice control is better on the Android as well.  Add to that control of home automation and it makes it hard to swallow the A product.

My android failed at that for integration and I wouldn't have switched otherwise. What are you using that would get that level of intergration?

I find my new iphone communicates with windows better than my last 4 android phones.  All poorly. 

Listed some gear for sale.  OGs PM me for discount pricing if you're interested.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Mine does all that, but texts only on the iPhone messages. Not from Android texts. As for voice control, no issues with mine. Granted I use mine sparingly. Home automation is also easily done with iPhone. I have several friends who do a metric shit ton with theirs.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am also soured as they are a huge customer and SUPER shitty to deal with.

That would definitely make me sour towards their products too. I've walked away from great equipment over a shitty business relationship many times in the past. 

J

23 hours ago, dem beats said:

Latest pixel vs latest iPhone made me buy the iPhone. 

When using either I couldn't find a reason to pick the pixel other than a slightly more familiar if not slightly better camera experience. 

I phone did all the rest of my stuff like texting, and music listening better. Currently it connects to more devices with greater ease. That was the biggest shock. Previously I found iPhones suck at connecting. 

I bet the Pixel 4 was running the old operating system interface.  All three I have seen were which is WAY too bad.

Now I'll call your shit.  

Lol

I've spent at least half as much time fucking around in unintuitive menus now that I'm on iPhone. People absolutely exaggerate the "so simple grandma can do it", but I move through every day interface significantly faster. 

The ios UI is an order of magnitude better for efficiency of movements. So much so that the Pixel 4 just feels like it wanted to be an iphone but your shitty friend said "I can make one of those, but better and for less!"  And they absolutely could not. 

Again, turn on gestures.  They are more intuitive than the Apple ones.

My android failed at that for integration and I wouldn't have switched otherwise. What are you using that would get that level of intergration?

I find my new iphone communicates with windows better than my last 4 android phones.  All poorly. 

messages.google.com, photos.google.com

16 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Mine does all that, but texts only on the iPhone messages. Not from Android texts. As for voice control, no issues with mine. Granted I use mine sparingly. Home automation is also easily done with iPhone. I have several friends who do a metric shit ton with theirs.

That would definitely make me sour towards their products too. I've walked away from great equipment over a shitty business relationship many times in the past. 

J

Home automation is crap with the Apple in comparison.  You have to buy all their shit and good luck getting it to recognize, I am home and have it turn on the lights, music etc

The tap and hold on the iphone drives me nuts...

The Pixel experience is so far beyond any other Android.  Converting my whole family...even the Apple fanboi's

I love the stupid Pixel stand too.  I never pick up my phone during the day while at work, but work on it a ton.

I have 2 beefs.  They Apple'd themselves requiring a Chromecast to cast which is frustrating since it is free on all other Android devices and the lack of a charging port while listening to my headphones pisses me off.

That only is a problem on long international trips though and just requires I use my pc for music which I usually do on trains and such anyways 

You guys and your phones.  I spend no more than $100 on a phone and it does everything I need.