Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I have 2 beefs.  They Apple'd themselves requiring a Chromecast to cast which is frustrating since it is free on all other Android devices and the lack of a charging port while listening to my headphones pisses me off.

What apps are you trying to cast? I'm assuming the Android does it without Chromecast for you?

J

Dropped FiOS cable TV.  Picked up HULU+Live.  Much better overall, much cheaper, streamlined channels (live streaming quality suffers on occasion).

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Dropped FiOS cable TV.  Picked up HULU+Live.  Much better overall, much cheaper, streamlined channels (live streaming quality suffers on occasion).

I looked into them when I decided on TV for the apt. I ended up with YouTubeTV due to the channel selection.

J

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

What apps are you trying to cast? I'm assuming the Android does it without Chromecast for you?

J

Anything.  Android isn't limited.  That being said you can't cast without a chromecast receiver on a Pixel.  Just like Apple requires an Apple TV.  That pisses me off.  TV has a cast system built in, Roku does, Amazon does but the Pixel locks it out forcing you into their environment.  That being said, when you do have a Chromecast puck it is uber smooth and super easy to voice activate which doesn't work so well on stock Android.  ie, I can cast music to many different locations either sync'd or not for the whole house stereo super easily.  ie, Hey Google, play Duke Robillard on Pandora on Main Floor turns on 3 zones of music at once.

30 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I looked into them when I decided on TV for the apt. I ended up with YouTubeTV due to the channel selection.

J

Had Sling, went to Hulu when Sling dropped Fox sports.  Have to have the Loons & Wild games.

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I had Hulu plus at first realized I picked the wrong one when I noticed what they drew out of my bank account.. Called customer service and swapped to the regular Hulu I meant to purchase it was only $13.14 a month..They actually refunded me the difference..My total entertainment bill is outrageous a month.I have DirectTv,"With most premium channels" Netflix,Hulu, with AT&T broadband.Most of the time I'm just flipping through crap than actually watching anything  lol.

And Hulu doesn't support my 3 year old LG in the bedroom..But It works on my Samsung in the livingroom,but but supported on my Samsung 4k bluray player.Great marketing attempt from manufacturers trying to get you to upgrade to newer products.

23 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Anything.  Android isn't limited.  That being said you can't cast without a chromecast receiver on a Pixel.  Just like Apple requires an Apple TV.  That pisses me off.  TV has a cast system built in, Roku does, Amazon does but the Pixel locks it out forcing you into their environment.  That being said, when you do have a Chromecast puck it is uber smooth and super easy to voice activate which doesn't work so well on stock Android.  ie, I can cast music to many different locations either sync'd or not for the whole house stereo super easily.  ie, Hey Google, play Duke Robillard on Pandora on Main Floor turns on 3 zones of music at once.

See and working at Netflix I had an easy 4-1 calls for Chromecast vs Apple TV. That combined with friends who have had issues with it was enough for me to pass. The only apps I cast work seamlessly with my Samsung smart TV.

J

23 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Had Sling, went to Hulu when Sling dropped Fox sports.  Have to have the Loons & Wild games.

Between Sunday ticket with their student pricing, ESPN+, and YouTube TV I don't miss the Bills games, and catch a decent chunk of the Sabres and all Lightning games.

J

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

See and working at Netflix I had an easy 4-1 calls for Chromecast vs Apple TV. That combined with friends who have had issues with it was enough for me to pass. The only apps I cast work seamlessly with my Samsung smart TV.

J

Considering that there are 8 to 1 Android phones to Apple that seems like Apple had 2x as many service calls...

On 11/4/2019 at 3:25 PM, ///M5 said:

Seeing got back fox as far as I know.

I don't think any of that sounds easier or better. Gestures aside. I've never used them before I guess. Right now going between the phones in my house I would still rather have the apple in my hand. Maybe I dont use enough of the devices to see the difference or I'm too dim to make it work right?

\_ (°>°) _/ 

On 11/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, ///M5 said:

Considering that there are 8 to 1 Android phones to Apple that seems like Apple had 2x as many service calls...

Not talking phones, just actual devices Chromecast vs AppleTV. Considering many had both devices (AppleTV in the living room, Chromecast in the bedroom was the most common), there was ample comparisons in the same household. Keep in mind they are also very different devices, and operate very differently.

Perhaps I just have an inherent dislike and distrust for anything Android or Windows related.

J

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Got mack my Grandfather's WWII rings today; a brass trench ring made from a piece of shell or bullet casings, and a sterling silver ring that I finally had an onyx put back in. It's nice being able to have a piece of him and his service with me everywhere.

J

I have a couple artifacts from my grandfather and they are so special. 

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

I have a couple artifacts from my grandfather and they are so special. 

Yes they are. I also have his butcher's coat from the A&P, his war ID bracelet (a present from my grandmother), golf clubs and bag, and some of his other things. I also have my great uncle's Cat's Eye ring.

J

On 11/5/2019 at 10:55 PM, dem beats said:

I don't think any of that sounds easier or better. Gestures aside. I've never used them before I guess. Right now going between the phones in my house I would still rather have the apple in my hand. Maybe I dont use enou gh of the devices to see the difference or I'm too dim to make it work right?

\_ (°>°) _/ 

You use gestures on the iphone, only way it works I thought.  ie, if you have no home/apple button you are using gestures.  The Android implementation of it is superior IMO in every way...but of course unless you are on Android 10 you don't have that.

21 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Not talking phones, just actual devices Chromecast vs AppleTV. Considering many had both devices (AppleTV in the living room, Chromecast in the bedroom was the most common), there was ample comparisons in the same household. Keep in mind they are also very different devices, and operate very differently.

Perhaps I just have an inherent dislike and distrust for anything Android or Windows related.

J

Perhaps is probably right.

19 hours ago, ///M5 said:

You use gestures on the iphone, only way it works I thought.  ie, if you have no home/apple button you are using gestures.  The Android implementation of it is superior IMO in every way...but of course unless you are on Android 10 you don't have that.

Ah. 

That's fair enough then. I may not have used android 10.  Thankfully it's free and easy to go back and forth. With your use of google message can you get your actual MMS sent your desktop too?

Do you use the google assistant?  

Mail shows up on my desktop just like an Outlook alert.  All same.  Google assistant makes Siri look mentally challenged.  I can't live without it.  I do a ton of handsfree shit.

Complete integration to windows without installing any software to slow it down.  Ok, it may need chrome but that is by far the best browser IMO so I would have it installed anyway.  It very well may work in ie or Firefox but I haven't tried 

Everyplace I have visited has the old interface running on Android 10 as they don't want to scare their users.  Super stupid imo as it took 10 min and I would never go back.

Sitting at a Syrian restaurant in Hanover.  LOVE this place.  I never eat at the same place in Europe and was here a year ago.  Got a 5 star review from me on Google which is Uber rare

On my way home.  Spending 2 weeks in Europe in a month is "fun".  In particular when it is over 2 trips.  Have to come back in Jan again too.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:57 PM, ///M5 said:

Mail shows up on my desktop just like an Outlook alert.  All same.  Google assistant makes Siri look mentally challenged.  I can't live without it.  I do a ton of handsfree shit.

I have never used any assistant until now and I really like siri. What can android do that siri cannot?