Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 11/8/2019 at 1:58 PM, ///M5 said:

Complete integration to windows without installing any software to slow it down.  Ok, it may need chrome but that is by far the best browser IMO so I would have it installed anyway.  It very well may work in ie or Firefox but I haven't tried 

I dont use chrome anymore but I would be willing to keep it for that much power 

I use Brave with some other buit in security plugins etc.   Super secure comparatively and if you wanna TOR, you can get into it. 

On 11/8/2019 at 1:59 PM, ///M5 said:

Everyplace I have visited has the old interface running on Android 10 as they don't want to scare their users.  Super stupid imo as it took 10 min and I would never go back.

The apple was absolutely better in every way in the store. 

I'm not a stupid consumer. I am pretty angry that the pixel was neutered all to hell.  Worse video, but fuck it. If the assistant is that much better than siri, I could be taking over the planet by now. 

12 hours ago, dem beats said:

I have never used any assistant until now and I really like siri. What can android do that siri cannot?

Understand you.  Also integration into automation systems is way better.

The apple was absolutely better in every way in the store. 

I'm not a stupid consumer. I am pretty angry that the pixel was neutered all to hell.  Worse video, but fuck it. If the assistant is that much better than siri, I could be taking over the planet by now. 

What was neutered about it?

Speaking of Chrome, I like it, but it pulls so much damn ram.

Firefox is my browser of choice.

J

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

What was neutered about it?

You were guessing it was the older OS right?

It was slow AF compared to the iphone. 

I never used android assistant. it never did anything on the LG or the Samsung. Maybe their shit was in the way. I picked up the iPhone and it just did shit. I assumed it goes deeper but within 5 min of touching it I was moving through things better.  I would rather use android but I felt I was being biased by not even trying IOS for a while.

Of all the things I would love to learn from you it's how you set up your workflow. I may not need yours but I would love to understand how you design these workflow systems for yourself. 

8 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Speaking of Chrome, I like it, but it pulls so much damn ram.

Get Brave. 

Then get the badger to block ads. You will have a whole new internet experience. 

I also stopped using Google search completely for any real work. I think I'm on duck duck go right now. 

Edited by dem beats

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Get Brave. 

Then get the badger to block ads. You will have a whole new internet experience. 

I also stopped using Google search completely for any real work. I think I'm on duck duck go right now. 

Brave over Firefox or Opera?  I use Opera at home.

You were guessing it was the older OS right?

It was slow AF compared to the iphone. 

I never used android assistant. it never did anything on the LG or the Samsung. Maybe their shit was in the way. I picked up the iPhone and it just did shit. I assumed it goes deeper but within 5 min of touching it I was moving through things better.  I would rather use android but I felt I was being biased by not even trying IOS for a while.

Of all the things I would love to learn from you it's how you set up your workflow. I may not need yours but I would love to understand how you design these workflow systems for yourself. 

I can share.  Not sure what you mean by workflow.

It wasn't the older OS, but they didn't turn on the new features because some people are scared of them.  Gesture control rocks.

Part of my workflow is to use Google for everything.

The integration is sweet.  All my shit is synced and organized without me doing jack.

I will add though that Apple finally made a phone in the 11.  For the past 5 years they have been way behind and finally caught up.  Hardware (outside fo the camera) is even ahead.  Don't think that will last long, but Google did make a mistake in the pricing of the Pixel based on what is coming next.

9 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Part of my workflow is to use Google for everything.

I am constantly using DOCs and SHEETS.  Except Yahoo Finance is nicer that Google's.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:29 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Arapahoe basin and Keystone Mountain both open today. They are right next to each other and a shared pass can be had if desired. 
I’d suggest flying into Eagle/Vail (EGE), opposed to DIA.

Holy hell. $750 vs $200 to Den...

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

About a 2-3 hr drive from Denver IIRC versus a quick trip from the airport. When I went out to see Jared I flew into Glenwood Springs airport to avoid the drive from Denver. Made my life easier.

J

I actually need some miles...didn't fly enough this year.  Taking him to Salt Lake.  Not where I had wanted to go, but I've never skied there and it is pretty much free in comparison at $220 for me and $18 for him :P

15 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Brave over Firefox or Opera?  I use Opera at home.

I haven't started using it on the iPhone exclusively yet, but that's just laziness. 

I like it quite a bit for being a small program, very secure compared to most browsers that work well, and can get some good plugins for it. 

On 11/11/2019 at 6:35 AM, ///M5 said:

Understand you.  Also integration into automation systems is way better.

Oh boy, I dont disagree on the automation but over never had the Google assistant help me with anything before.  It was more problem than tool so I turned it off. 

Side by side my personal iPhone understood my and my friends speech more than her pixel. Not enough it is worth bragging about here but I mention it now based on the "understand " comment. Do you mean the pixel is better at understanding actual voice to text or understand and fulfilling tasks?

Fully admit that Google might be able to do amazing things, as I have to ask Siri to open Spotify specifically instead of apple when I want tunes. That is dumb AF.  

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

THats crazy. I have flown out there the last few times and was only about a $100-200 difference each time. Which easily equals out for me all things considered.

I was really amused by how small the Salt Lake airport was. I did not expect it.

The Sasqutch Mountains are gorgeous. Are you heading to Park City? 

16 hours ago, Godsmack said:

About a 2-3 hr drive from Denver IIRC versus a quick trip from the airport. When I went out to see Jared I flew into Glenwood Springs airport to avoid the drive from Denver. Made my life easier.

J

You flew into Grand Junction. THe Eagle/Vail one is slightly closer to me. there are two other regionals even closer. Funny there's 4 airports within an hour or less and I live in BFE.

So much Timbuktu I had to mail order baltic birch plywood. lol Which showed up yesterday!

Also scored a bunch of pipe clamps for $10 a piece yesterday as well! Time to make some (more) speaka's!

On 11/11/2019 at 5:35 AM, ///M5 said:

Understand you.  

Here I thought it was just my thick accent. :lol:

Being a phones only job is to transfer information, be it verbal written or otherwise. I have yet to do such a task on any brand phone that was quicker In regards to efficiency of motion.

I did use an Apple desktop all last week. Truly was backasswards. 

speaking of my home PC runs windows7 and I’m being forced to update. As they are no longer offering support come the end of the year. So looks like planned obsolescence is forcing me to spend money. MF’ers.