Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Last but not least. Apple TV Has resurrected Peanuts and is making new episodes. So one up for my dawg Snoopy. 

13 hours ago, dem beats said:

Side by side my personal iPhone understood my and my friends speech more than her pixel. Not enough it is worth bragging about here but I mention it now based on the "understand " comment. Do you mean the pixel is better at understanding actual voice to text or understand and fulfilling tasks?

Fully admit that Google might be able to do amazing things, as I have to ask Siri to open Spotify specifically instead of apple when I want tunes. That is dumb AF.  

Yes, way better at doing stuff.  Eats Alexa's lunch too.  Siri also doesn't understand as well...at least not my brothers.  We compare and laugh all the time.  I use Google assistant all day.  It dials my phone most of the time...

4 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

THats crazy. I have flown out there the last few times and was only about a $100-200 difference each time. Which easily equals out for me all things considered.

I was really amused by how small the Salt Lake airport was. I did not expect it.

The Sasqutch Mountains are gorgeous. Are you heading to Park City? 

Haven't decided where yet.  Someplace with lots of green runs :(  He has never ridden a board.

28 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Haven't decided where yet.  Someplace with lots of green runs :(  He has never ridden a board.

I haven’t been to Park City but believe has a good amount of green runs. Not really familiar with any of the others in that area. 

I’d confused A. Basin and Cooper mountain when suggesting airports, Copper being great for beginners. A. Basin as well for that matter. The first is closer to DIA. The latter being equal distances between airports. 

Just payed $400 yesterday for a round trip from Atlanta to Eagle/Vail for Christmas. Was $600 for the thanksgiving one from Memphis. Can be a huge difference depending on the day of the week and which airline. 

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

You flew into Grand Junction. THe Eagle/Vail one is slightly closer to me. there are two other regionals even closer. Funny there's 4 airports within an hour or less and I live in BFE.

Doh!!! Too many G towns LOL

J

BTW  anyone an expert at making raster files from drawings in PS?

J

Did some research quickly, Netscape browser is still out there.  But apparently, it won't be supported much longer.

Might try Maxthon again, or see about Vivaldi.  Chrome is just too heavy for the current work desktop, especially with BOINC running.

43 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Doh!!! Too many G towns LOL

J

The irony in that is the Eagle/Vail is actually in Gypsum. Haha

Vail=billionaires (Aspen=millionaires for perspective) Guess they don’t want to fly into a town named after the dirt. 

6 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Just payed $400 yesterday for a round trip from Atlanta to Eagle/Vail for Christmas. Was $600 for the thanksgiving one from Memphis. Can be a huge difference depending on the day of the week and which airline. 

Oh, my days were TERRIBLE.  Flying home on NYE.

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Did some research quickly, Netscape browser is still out there.  But apparently, it won't be supported much longer.

Might try Maxthon again, or see about Vivaldi.  Chrome is just too heavy for the current work desktop, especially with BOINC running.

Chrome is heavy?

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Vail=billionaires (Aspen=millionaires for perspective) Guess they don’t want to fly into a town named after the dirt. 

Resort I've been to the most is Crested Butte near Gunnison.

10 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Being a phones only job is to transfer information, be it verbal written or otherwise. I have yet to do such a task on any brand phone that was quicker In regards to efficiency of motion.

If you have to move your thumb 2x vs 1x or worse 3x vs 1x it makes a big difference

Just now, ///M5 said:

If you have to move your thumb 2x vs 1x or worse 3x vs 1x it makes a big difference

Which is the only argument for face unlock

9 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

That is pretty damn ironic.

J

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Oh, my days were TERRIBLE.  Flying home on NYE.

Why is that so terrible? I've flown on NYE a few times and no issue.

J

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Why is that so terrible? I've flown on NYE a few times and no issue.

J

For low prices.

I was also trying to use a free companion fare.  Hard to do at the end of the year.  Jr. ought to be excited!

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I was also trying to use a free companion fare.  Hard to do at the end of the year.  Jr. ought to be excited!

Guarantee he'll love it. I'll be taking my kiddo to a Sabres game again this year.

J

My NVX headphones just broke.  Going to try to gorilla glue them back into service.

41 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

My NVX headphones just broke.  Going to try to gorilla glue them back into service.

Their superglue is great!!!

J

On 11/13/2019 at 5:59 PM, ///M5 said:

Believe me I completely understand. Is painful for me to watch most people do simple tasks such as use their phone. 

my statements are based on that I am handed different phones at least a dozen times a day. The task is always to transfer an image from theirs to mine. On every device it is relatively the same amount motions. 

not that I am an Apple lover. As I fucking hated them with a passion most of my life. Based solely just on greed. But I can transfer an image in two clicks with airdrop. Do not even need to type in an email/Number. 

I say it is painful to watch because most people will literally back out of their photos and have to go to their address book and enter the phone number. Then find the picture, then send it. Not that any of that is the phones fault. 

so yeah, when their phone is in my hand, I either just click a single icon and send it myself. Or give them my business card with my contact info and have to walk away. 

On 11/13/2019 at 5:58 PM, ///M5 said:

Resort I've been to the most is Crested Butte near Gunnison.

Other than Aspen, Vail and Beavercreek, they are all pretty cozy little ski towns.