Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

It's the holiday season guys...So watch out for scammers and hackers...Some butt plug hacked my debit card some how from some site I ordered from online most likely was a clothing store giant I ordered a x-mas present from.. Only out of normal online purchase I have made recently as soon as I noticed I canceled the card. But I still get the notifications of attempted purchases linked to that card.They attempted again today but it was denied because of card cancellation..My bank pretty much rolled there eyes and said unfortunately this happens all the time and told me I shouldn't order stuff offline..WTF

I get at least one new card a year because of that.   I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy anything using any card linked to my bank account online.  Hell I won't use my bank card for anything but getting cash.  Credit cards it is easy to deal with and not related at all to your bank account number.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Every problem I have ever had seems very trivial after reading that.  Glad you are a strong one

I should have listened to my body sooner. 

My DNA is way better than I've ever given it credit for. I've blamed a lot of my pain on it but ita handling everything pretty well. 

You will appreciate this more than anyone. I've just been running off systems. I don't know how but the systems I set up to keep the plates spinning has lasted way past the time intended and way past the intensity threshold.  Just think about if I would have gotten sick in some country not here?

Kings go to the place that I am getting pushy with.  : )    I'm as lucky as I am scared and relieved. 

Im hovering around my favorite loaf and basic ratios now. 

I've seen people use the japanese milk bread technique to extend the life of brioche and smooth things out.  I'm going to try that and then maybe I've found my perfect daily loaf. 

Then on to sourdough.  I don't wanna. 

My dad has some > 10 yr old MN starter if you need some.  Sure he would share 

I keep meaning to start baking but where the fuck would I find time for that?

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

My dad has some > 10 yr old MN starter if you need some.  Sure he would share 

Yes please. 

Also I want a low priced version of this. For the dehydration but I believe it also has a fermentation setting and that is of equal value. 

Have a chinese cheep answer?

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

Hmm, it is blank.

13 hours ago, dem beats said:

Yes please. 

Also I want a low priced version of this. For the dehydration but I believe it also has a fermentation setting and that is of equal value. 

Have a chinese cheep answer?

@///M5

Is this the missing one?

IBD clinic just snuck me in!

I'm so excited!

Next friday I need to hitchhike to Mankato baby!

5 hours ago, dem beats said:

@///M5

Is this the missing one?

I don't know what you want a cheap version of.  

7 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Going to upgrade to a pour over system soon.

Upgrade from?

9 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Upgrade from?

I have a drip brew that I use every morning. However, I realized that I always let the water warm up by circulating in itself and then use a spoon to help direct the water over the grounds. I'm essentially doing a pour over every morning.

Figured I might as well upgrade to a pour over system with an electric kettle since I"m not going the espresso route any time soon.

On 12/13/2019 at 6:41 PM, ///M5 said:

I don't know what you want a cheap version of.  

I want a large box type thing that controls temperature so I can ferment things in a controlled environment. 

I LOVE the idea of a the large dehydrator because it would also be great for dehydrating things. 

What I will use it for?  Mainly bread i suppose. I'm going so start making my own kefir so i can afford to drink it all the time and use that as starter, but I dont think that needs some controlled environment to cure. 

I keep my house cold, my insulation sucks and the granite countertop is unforgiving.     :-D

4 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I have a drip brew that I use every morning. However, I realized that I always let the water warm up by circulating in itself and then use a spoon to help direct the water over the grounds. I'm essentially doing a pour over every morning.

Figured I might as well upgrade to a pour over system with an electric kettle since I"m not going the espresso route any time soon.

French press and the electric kettle are my favorite. 

That Or espresso. The nespresso is so good it's hard to upgrade until I really want to invest in a great machine. Even then, I might like french press more in some cases. 

On 12/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Very neat. I could think of a few uses right off hand.

One more thing to keep track of though.

It stays attached to my custom headphones. Bow it turned them into the best BT headset. 

Also, the big advantage of this particular one is that it has the latest bluetooth chip. BT5, with a dank antenna. the amp has less noise than my receivers do. Because it's the latest BT they use for gaming, there is no playback delay. It makes youtube a Damn joy. I'm going to try using it for a recording mic too for some quick video stuff. 

Sean made a great recommendation, but I think the 1k is better than the lower priced or the more expensive  versions. I dont care about lossless BT codec shit that I will never use. I do care about the different protocols that sync the audio and video though!

14 hours ago, dem beats said:

I want a large box type thing that controls temperature so I can ferment things in a controlled environment. 

I LOVE the idea of a the large dehydrator because it would also be great for dehydrating things. 

What I will use it for?  Mainly bread i suppose. I'm going so start making my own kefir so i can afford to drink it all the time and use that as starter, but I dont think that needs some controlled environment to cure. 

I keep my house cold, my insulation sucks and the granite countertop is unforgiving.     :-D

Just put it in your oven with the light on.  You'd be shocked how close in temp that is.  It is how I make yogurt.

Although to be fair, I should say used to.  New oven has a bread proof setting from 80-100F

If you want it semisealed a PID and a crockpot works too