Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1 minute ago, MKader17 said:

Deadenhur
Had a dream last night that I bought a new iPhone and MacBook pro and I was freaking out for spending such a awful amount of money on that stuff! :lol:

Lol.  Nightmare.

Spend the same on a Windows PC and an Apple and the Apple will feel like a slow turd.

The only use what we provide infrastructure is shit....although regrettably Google is going that route now as well, but at least in a more affordable way.

And yes, right now flagship wise the 11 is the best phone out there.  The Pixel 4 is a 3.  Bad move Google.  In Feb though that will change but damnit I hate Samsung

Just got given a Trek X Caliber 6 bike in great shape.  

Local guy moving and his knees don't let him ride anymore.  So, I'm starting to ride again.  

When the Samsung 11 comes out that'll replace my note 8

I hope everyone has a great holiday.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:22 PM, topgun said:

Just got given a Trek X Caliber 6 bike in great shape.  

Congrats!!!

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I am getting a some of my sanity back and that's unbelievable. 

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

I am getting a some of my sanity back and that's unbelievable. 

How can I help?

On 12/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, ///M5 said:

The only use what we provide infrastructure is shit....although regrettably Google is going that route now as well, but at least in a more affordable way.

And yes, right now flagship wise the 11 is the best phone out there.  The Pixel 4 is a 3.  Bad move Google.  In Feb though that will change but damnit I hate Samsung

Only things Samsung makes I like is their TV sets and refrigerators. Phones and computers; Apple for me. Then again, for my uses, they work perfectly 97% of the time. The lack of Mac version of MS Project sucks, but then again so does that program IMO.

J

On 12/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

It's been an adventure. A lot of shit on the horizon now. A lot of things now proving they need to change too.

J

Do business with Apple as a supplier just once and you will never want to spend a dollar with them again.  OMG.

Having worked in the insurance business previously, handling the "extended warranty" insurance plans that electronic stores sell everyone on, I would never deal with Apple.  The worst of any company.

15 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Do business with Apple as a supplier just once and you will never want to spend a dollar with them again.  OMG.

You are not the first person I have heard this from. Sadly the same goes for Nikon in many aspects of their lenses. Being in your level of business, I can see why you would eliminate them from your use.

10 hours ago, nigel said:

Having worked in the insurance business previously, handling the "extended warranty" insurance plans that electronic stores sell everyone on, I would never deal with Apple.  The worst of any company.

Personally, their AppleCare has been great to me when their store was complete and utter shit. I would rather pull tape worms out of a 55 gallon bucket filled with a salty lemon juice brine filled with concertina wire using only my left pinky and upper lip than deal with the people operating the 'genius bar'.

J

Ha, I have two colleagues that were Apple, Apple, Apple guys that switched lately solely based on the support in store.  I went with one once, OMG, what a fucking shit show.  That sort of shit will kill that company.  

It damn sure could. However as many things have moved to online sales and support (ie what we discussed with camera stores) the attitudes there only matter to those who need it. The MacBook was only purchased there for the Govt. discount. I tried doing the same on my second purchase and suddenly there were issues with the program in store. We had to order online, and it wouldn't be 'processed' in the last hr it was open. Oddly enough BestBuy matched it with no problem at all.

J

This 2020 F150 for the trip home has been pretty fun. Solid interior and the EcoBoost isn't that bad. Not going to lie, it's leaving me impressed. Not enough to leave my Tundra though.

J

On 12/24/2019 at 7:59 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

How can I help?

Just stay awesome and supportive. 

If I need help I'll ask. I've been talking to family and such. It's been manageable. The basement did flood today and I slipped and cracked my bitoenail in half. Thankfully i was in rage mode and i didnt feel it. Just adrenaline. 

:D

It also cleaned up fast. It looked so much worse than it was. My basement dam just couldnt deal with the thaw and rain we got. The outside dam was down for the winter so i didnt blow through it.  Guess I took it down too soon. 

all is mostly well now. Some friends came to help, but u had it mostly done by the time people got over. 

On 12/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, ///M5 said:

Ha, I have two colleagues that were Apple, Apple, Apple guys that switched lately solely based on the support in store.  I went with one once, OMG, what a fucking shit show.  That sort of shit will kill that company.  

So funny. My experience at the store was them going above and beyond. Crazy shit. I didnt even spend a dime with them.  

I need a new shitter and I'm thinking I need one of them bidet washer seats. 

Brondell or Toto?  Or other and why?

Any difference in the throne itself?  Mine is made for midgets and I need a proper height set up. Nordic style. 

I just bought a new Eljer a couple weeks ago.  I literally spent months researching toilets.  I was going to go with a pressurized tank, but after watching plumbing reviews, I didn't see why I would need anything other than a traditional siphon.  Can't give an opinion on the boot washer.

I got to thinking the other day.   I was lugging around an enclosure and it was a heavy bitch.  I'm thinking a foam/glass sandwich, a'la surfboards, is the ticket for a large enclosure.  I can use the EPS foam sheets and just layer in the glass.  I was also thinking of constructing my own PRs as well. 

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I just bought a new Eljer a couple weeks ago.  I literally spent months researching toilets.  I was going to go with a pressurized tank, but after watching plumbing reviews, I didn't see why I would need anything other than a traditional siphon.  Can't give an opinion on the boot washer.

I have been using a champion 4 for 3 plus years. It takes all my shit! ;)