Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Can get a used one for that....which sounds like a lot of fun.  If no Vette that wins.  

And yes Ryan, it will get snow tires and driven in the winter.

Which is part of the draw over the Vette.  Huge power, rwd and winter

Off to Germany again....of course we just got snow

Shit, I drive EVERYTHING in the snow. 

Ha... I thought you were super opposed to driving your stangs in the snow.  I can't see putting snow tires on a Vette buy a boosted mustang hell ya

14 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ha... I thought you were super opposed to driving your stangs in the snow.  I can't see putting snow tires on a Vette buy a boosted mustang hell ya

No, just on my gray car.  I would have had to change the suspension and order 19" wheels to clear the brakes, so it wasn't conducive to driving in the winter in any form.  Hell, it was often a chore to drive it on a nice day.  The potholes here are ridiculous, and if something was in the road, I had to dodge it.  Car was too low to get any jack under, and the headers hung even lower.  It was just a bitch.

I had parked this blazer because of undetermined knocking ticking coming from somewhere,thing has not been drove probably a month now,maybe started a couple of times here and there just to make for sure the battery was charged..Started it earlier not a sound coming from it now what the hell? I was about convinced it was a main or rod bearing now I am really confused...

On 1/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, ///M5 said:

Highlights?

Nothing that I can really report as I was only in one corner of the north hall.

The CES Showdown after was fun for the one day I could be there.

22 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I had parked this blazer because of undetermined knocking ticking coming from somewhere,thing has not been drove probably a month now,maybe started a couple of times here and there just to make for sure the battery was charged..Started it earlier not a sound coming from it now what the hell? I was about convinced it was a main or rod bearing now I am really confused...

Exhaust leak.

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Exhaust leak.

Would it completely go away? Because it would normally start the sound about 5 minutes or so after staring,sometimes it would have started the noise right after start up. I ran it for a good while and gassed on it in park a few good times and still no sound..Noise was coming from the passenger side front wheel well,the exhaust manifold and doughnut gaskets where replaced when I changed the motor a few years back.Not real hard to replace but if something is wrong internal I hate to waste time replacing anything else.If it were a rod or main it would not just go away,right?

Everyone else dealing with sub freezing temps?

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Not that cold here, but I did turn on the heat. Dog was shivering at 64* ion the apt. this morning. Wind chills will be in the 20's tonight.

J

It's a fucking roller coaster here.

So, I've been shopping for an RC F.  I can't seem to get any of these damn dealers to move on their prices.  I had three of them that have been holding these cars for months and they won't budge.  I just happened to jump on FB marketplace and a C7 popped up for a song, so I started searching for some, and HOLY SHIT!  SO many good bargains on them.  I think they've hit rock bottom due to the C8.  They can only go up from here I think.  I mean, shit, I can get a low mile C7 for close to under $30K.  That just blows my mind!

On 1/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

First day below freezing here in Germany

On 1/9/2020 at 7:28 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

Morning guys.

Any chance anyone is going to CES?

Wish I could do that some year. I love those kinds of shows. 

Guess who has 2 thumbs and is going to Steve Aoki in Aspen on the 7th of Feb, though?

Guess who had to google Steve Aoki.

Jordan - I finally read your resume and gave you some feedback.  Great start.  And yes, as requested I was super critical.  Better than 90% of the ones I get.

WHile in Aspen hit the slopes.  Wish I could come with.