Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

6 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Just like that, there’s a Dembeats on my doorstep. :-)

Sweet.  Have fun!

15 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Sweet.  Have fun!

There’s no telling the trouble that we’ll get into. :D

It is definitely higher up there than here.  Not that I'd get sick at such a low altitude..

Did get it once, but when staying all the time at over 9500' and copiously consuming that tends to happen.  Literally and figuratively.

Got an interesting call from a dispensary near Spokane Washington the other day. They found my resume on indeed. They are expanding their locations and are looking for a project manger to oversee the expansion. Permanent position. The topic of compensation came up quickly, and I was told 45k with full benefits. With the cost of living there, and taxes, far too low. I asked if there was any wiggle room, and asked about 60k. I was literally laughed at and told 'I don't even make that much." With zero desire (on their end) to discuss remote management, that offer ended.

J

On 2/5/2020 at 5:13 PM, Godsmack said:

Got an interesting call from a dispensary near Spokane Washington the other day. They found my resume on indeed. They are expanding their locations and are looking for a project manger to oversee the expansion. Permanent position. The topic of compensation came up quickly, and I was told 45k with full benefits. With the cost of living there, and taxes, far too low. I asked if there was any wiggle room, and asked about 60k. I was literally laughed at and told 'I don't even make that much." With zero desire (on their end) to discuss remote management, that offer ended.

J

Nice thing about Spokane is whats directly to the East.  Idaho and mountains!  

Now last time I was there I saw the police rolling through town in an MRAP.  You've got to wonder about some of the crime then...  

If I didn't love where I lived, I could live in Washington.

I just missed out on Wyoming, but I have a roundabout to Billings, Reno, and Sacramento coming up soon.

The cost of living is just too high to justify the move for that salary for me. Granted I'm also not keen on making a total switch from the southeast and warm to the northwest and cold unless the money is right.

J

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

The cost of living is just too high to justify the move for that salary for me. Granted I'm also not keen on making a total switch from the southeast and warm to the northwest and cold unless the money is right.

J

I wouldn’t think cost-of-living would be as high so far in land. At least compared to Seattle area anyways. 
while I’ve never been there I was under the impression Spokane was a blue-collar industrial community.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:41 PM, ///M5 said:

Did get it once, but when staying all the time at over 9500' and copiously consuming that tends to happen.  Literally and figuratively.

I’ve had altitude sickness a couple times. Definitely does not discriminate.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:29 AM, ///M5 said:

Ouch :(

Let's you know your alive. 

Much like my 13 hour drive turned 20 hour blizzard drive home.

God bless fighter pilot exparamental pharmaceuticals. 

On 2/4/2020 at 6:34 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Now that they are acclimated to the altitude that is. :lol: 

2 beers in aspen took me to orbit for 20 min. 

I am sure I urinated in a millionaire's alleyway, and I felt bad until 3 guys in coats that cost more than my car were smoking weed and peeing in the same spot. 

My kind of town. 

And then 15 min later I was stone sober from walking. Crazy stuff. 

You guys dont post for shit. 

Also, I need to get my email and password set up for this site so I can log in from anywhere other than my old dead phone. 

:D

My arthritis doc referred me to a fibromyalgia clinic. 

I line up with almost everything they list other than I have a cock and balls.  My lack of testosterone may have played a part, who knows.

Apparently the hyper flexible joints I have are extremely common and related to chronic gut issues too.

Basically I HAVE to take my pain meds more seriously, not skip them if I feel good one random day, and I need to sleep. 

At least it's not all voodoo. There is a definitive problem for these patients with pain and the body not sending the correct signals. 

Fingers crossed.  This plus the antibiotic for a SIBO like infection and maybe I'll be ok..

Bought another 4 wheeler.  God damn lack of snow.

Have to drive to Roseau to get it.  Crossing the rez with bunches of cash isn't good.

10 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Have to drive to Roseau to get it.  Crossing the rez with bunches of cash isn't good.

Scary shit brochacho