Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Really hoping this shit doesn't hit my work.  It'll suck.  Huge.

13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Doh.  I remember that now.  My whole life has become how do I manage my team in this environment and all stories are bleeding together 

22 minutes ago, nigel said:

They just closed my office in Orange County...whole county

This entire thing has been unreal.  Just not grasping why the hysteria.  Yes I understand the mortality rate, but no hysteria for car wrecks, no hysteria for the flu, no hysteria for heart failure etc. etc.  The entire thing is out of hand, and is causing permanent damage, not to mention the people who will die because others are told not to work, perfect case is the dialysis clinics.

We fear that which we do not understand.  Common sense is also no longer so common.

8 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

We fear that which we do not understand.  Common sense is also no longer so common.

The sole reason religion exists.  Hasn't been not common for a long time.

Our pre-preparation vs over reaction later is fucking horseshit.  If we could truly test and understand we could put some science in the shit.  Pretty much bet the mortality rate isn't very high as a percent of who actually gets it.  

Not saying I disagree it could easily over whelm our health care system...but so can any war.

Just now, ///M5 said:

The sole reason religion exists.  Hasn't been not common for a long time.

Would you consider Buddhism a religion?

On 3/16/2020 at 8:37 PM, Tirefryr said:

For something that we literally had no knowledge about just weeks ago.

I dont think you're aware of how Corona viruses work. Or how families of viruses work. No one does because it's hard. 

The virus itself is actually a new type of a family of viruses that we already know about. SARS, and I believe one of the "swine flu" episodes was also in the same family. I understood the 19 to mean the 19th variety of that virus but it refers to the year. That's important because much like the flu, even the same virus(usually a family and not one exact virus) will change itself enough that your immune system might not recognize it in as little as one year. 

Virus' mutate fast but we can find them. Symptoms help guide us to what we need to look for. Humans as wet machines and docs are just tech for wet machines. If you know the symptoms, and the environment,  even if it's a brand new problem you can nail it down fast. 

We are to the point where I can order genetic testicles equipment to my house and I could work on this. When the whole world leans a few trillion dollars worth of effort in a few months, shit will get done. 

Edited by dem beats

14 hours ago, nigel said:

Get your sleep. Stay as healthy as possible. 

You know what to do with hygiene. I hope they give you guys some extra relief. 

Y'all are in more risk than anyone in the USA in my opinion so stay frosty and whatnot. 

I feel for the people who are insanely susceptible to getting this. They have to exercise extra caution and the abundance of 'who gives a flying fuck I'm going to do anything I wanna do' makes that difficult. Especially here in God's waiting room. We also (as a country) don't have the older population percentages that a country like Italy has. That plays a large part too.

Add in the people going into full crisis meltdown mode.....that shit doesn't help either.

J

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Would you consider Buddhism a religion?

Of course, a rather large one at that.  Also focused on the unknown of death, meaning of life, or however you want to describe it.

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I feel for the people who are insanely susceptible to getting this.

They aren't the problem as they are .01% of the population, but of course they are the ones that will be at risk to die.  The bigger problem are the 100 or so asymptotic people that carry it around and give it to these people.  Only way to stop the bug from wiping out those weakened for it is to make sure that the ones that aren't don't give it to them.  As you stated the "I don't give a fuck" sorts will fuck up the process.

As Singapore has proven you can avoid letting people die and avoid it from spreading.  Their population is right on top of each other as well...but they pooled together to stop it.  I was supposed to be there this week...Doh!

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Of course, a rather large one at that.  Also focused on the unknown of death, meaning of life, or however you want to describe it.

Interesting.  It's the one "religion" I don't see as a religion, but rather a way of life.

Got my new lappy today.  I bought a "gaming" laptop.  Holy shit, this thing is ridiculously fast!

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

They aren't the problem as they are .01% of the population, but of course they are the ones that will be at risk to die.  The bigger problem are the 100 or so asymptotic people that carry it around and give it to these people.  Only way to stop the bug from wiping out those weakened for it is to make sure that the ones that aren't don't give it to them.  As you stated the "I don't give a fuck" sorts will fuck up the process.

As Singapore has proven you can avoid letting people die and avoid it from spreading.  Their population is right on top of each other as well...but they pooled together to stop it.  I was supposed to be there this week...Doh!

Nation wide; yes. Here in FL they are found in larger concentrations. I'll be honest, I'm also concerned for my Pops. He just turned 65, his cancer is currently in remission (still weakened immune system from chemo etc), has diabetes, and owns a company in an industry that does not get a break from this. He's doing what he can to only be at home or in the office. Unfortunately his employees are still out there daily fixing things in stores and hospitals so they can serve people their food. It changes a lot of things for him.

J

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Got my new lappy today.  I bought a "gaming" laptop.  Holy shit, this thing is ridiculously fast!

They usually are as that speed is required to be competitive.

J

8 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Interesting.  It's the one "religion" I don't see as a religion, but rather a way of life.

You can look at all of them and see how that should be th case for them but sadly isn't.  

On 3/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

This entire thing has been unreal.  Just not grasping why the hysteria.  Yes I understand the mortality rate, but no hysteria for car wrecks, no hysteria for the flu, no hysteria for heart failure etc. etc.  The entire thing is out of hand, and is causing permanent damage, not to mention the people who will die because others are told not to work, perfect case is the dialysis clinics.

In regards to the flu. Let's assume COVID is just as deadly but spreads 2x as fast. In that sense it is 2x as deadly AND no one is immune to it.

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Nation wide; yes. Here in FL they are found in larger concentrations. I'll be honest, I'm also concerned for my Pops. He just turned 65, his cancer is currently in remission (still weakened immune system from chemo etc), has diabetes, and owns a company in an industry that does not get a break from this. He's doing what he can to only be at home or in the office. Unfortunately his employees are still out there daily fixing things in stores and hospitals so they can serve people their food. It changes a lot of things for him.

J

I fucking get it bro. My dad has PSP (rare form of Parkinson's) and my wife is 37 weeks pregnant (with a breech baby).

Talked to my boss today and we decided we aren't fucking around. I'm working from home until after baby is born.

I know it's scary guys but I see the world with germ colored eyes all day. 

Get sleep, get exercise, eat right. That helps me and all the immune compromised more than anything. More than social distancing and more than a lot of the other stuff that's being hyped and sold to us.  The healthier you are, the better I am in every way. 

Definitely focus on health.  Separation is more for others than for you.  Look at NY.  They did do either.  Making of Italy there.  CA just told everyone to stay home.  Part that scares me is if we don't do this unified it won't nip it everywhere.  Close the borders and require everyone take a 2 week hiatus and it will be controlled.  We have isolated ourselves completely even from my parents and siblings.  Just focused on staying healthy and doing what we can to work from home and stay sane.

9 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Definitely focus on health.  Separation is more for others than for you.  Look at NY.  They did do either.  Making of Italy there.  CA just told everyone to stay home.  Part that scares me is if we don't do this unified it won't nip it everywhere.  Close the borders and require everyone take a 2 week hiatus and it will be controlled.  We have isolated ourselves completely even from my parents and siblings.  Just focused on staying healthy and doing what we can to work from home and stay sane.

Precisely the points Sean. Well said!!!

3 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I fucking get it bro. My dad has PSP (rare form of Parkinson's) and my wife is 37 weeks pregnant (with a breech baby).

Talked to my boss today and we decided we aren't fucking around. I'm working from home until after baby is born.

Yikes. I feel for ya there man. Those are both big things.

J

I need to buy myself a fuel-efficient car.  Something over 20mpgs.