Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Ford trying to push their stock value up.

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Lol.  Organic.

I worked at a restaurant, we bleached glasses.  Pretty sure it is common, but doing it at home just seems fucked.

Even formaldehyde and sulfur are organic. And they are used on almost everything we touch other than food, as an anti-microbial.

the other option would be soak them in vinegar/apple cider vinegar mixed with water. I personally just rinse them with water, but I like to keep my immune system strong. I’ve also never used hand sanitizer in my life, just the smell of it makes me want to puke. Lol

I am state mandated jobless until the end of April. I have a home studio set up but don’t know if I want to be around people at the moment. 
starting to forget what day of the week it is. And have quarantined myself to the garage! :D

@///M5 Now that I think about it peroxide is probably the best choice. Forgot all about that one.

all I know is I personally would not use soap. I won’t even touch most soaps. Not only are the residuals hard to get off but there are some pretty harsh chemicals. Really just needs to be something that drops the pH really Low. 

5 hours ago, nem said:

We are running lights out, the issue was people starting this crazy buying trend and the shipping side was stretched thin. Now when I check in the trucks are lined up 10 deep at times waiting to be loaded, this does not include all the ones being loaded across 3 warehouses.

At some point it should be easier for you to get it, how much do people really need to hoard.

.5% of the population can destroy a particular products normal distribution without batting an eyelash. 

We run very lean as a county. 

Thank you for helping me keep my but clean. Really wish I would have pulled the trigger on a bidet. 

Edited by dem beats

On 3/24/2020 at 11:08 AM, j-roadtatts said:

@///M5 Now that I think about it peroxide is probably the best choice. Forgot all about that one.

all I know is I personally would not use soap. I won’t even touch most soaps. Not only are the residuals hard to get off but there are some pretty harsh chemicals. Really just needs to be something that drops the pH really Low. 

It's never trusted in a medical or comercial setting other than some one off on the spot things.  But I bet it would work. I just fear that a dilution weak enough to bot foam up and be gross is still not as good as soap. 

Soap is a degreaser. If your vegis have a sap or anything sticky the soap and water fights that. It's why soap is preferred to bleach in most cases. 

Its hard to wrap your head around but the water does the work. Diluted iso kills better than pure for example when we study its killing effects on biological material(disinfecting your hands for example). 

Again. Non porous stainless steal requires cleaning until it makes a white cloth dirty and then disinfected or rinsed again with a fresh clean towel. That's the bare minimum required is someone with something less contagious than CV touched. 

How you gonna do that to vegis?  I'm not trying to be an asshole. Leafy vegis are a bitch. It's just the truth. Biggest vector for critters in our society so again. Be thankful it's even possible to buy. Even if I made it in a greenhouse in my yard I still have to accept the reality of what's going on. 

I see everything like this at all times so it's not overwhelming and I make these choices with every meal. 

It's new to everyone else. :D

Edited by dem beats

How about some food for thought so you can think differently. 

Any interaction with another human is a vector. That means its unknown. 

I am telling you the only way to get a known known. Kinda like if you hammered a guy about ohm's law and him thinking there is a way around things. 

At the end yof the day, especially with viruses,  you co.e up against the reality that you cannot control vectors. At all. So control the final product you interact with. 

Clean to sparkling, then disinfect with bleach or heat. That's it in the "I am sick" world. Everything else is hanging in the breeze. And on top of that. Food is a lesser worry. If you are. Perhaps fermentation could allow you a RAW safe experience. I'm sure high salt and acid probably obliterate everything with time. 

I'm talking to you like how you should be thinking for the next one. 

J I don't use antibacterial or sanitizer ever either.  This shit is new to me.  That being said for wave 1 I want no fucking part of Covid.  Once the health system catches up and society has a brain I will worry less again.

9 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

J I don't use antibacterial or sanitizer ever either.  This shit is new to me.  That being said for wave 1 I want no fucking part of Covid.  Once the health system catches up and society has a brain I will worry less again.

I'm the same way. I've spent enough time in austere environments that I am just doing what I need to do to stay safe, but not going nuts over this shit. Enough people are doing that as it is.

J

11 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I am state mandated jobless until the end of April. I have a home studio set up but don’t know if I want to be around people at the moment. 
starting to forget what day of the week it is. And have quarantined myself to the garage! :D

Able to do anything in the other hustles?

J

18 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Even formaldehyde and sulfur are organic. And they are used on almost everything we touch other than food, as an anti-microbial.

the other option would be soak them in vinegar/apple cider vinegar mixed with water. I personally just rinse them with water, but I like to keep my immune system strong. I’ve also never used hand sanitizer in my life, just the smell of it makes me want to puke. Lol

Interesting to note there is a big ass law suit coming against hand sanitizer and wipes because of their claims for disinfecting.

The pure honest to god truth is that they do not work with anything more than the lowest threshold of reliability. 

Only bleach or heat is what the medical comunity would trust for any food or any surface. So if you want to be sanitary do it. 

I'm against re-inventing the wheel when it comes to so many other unknowns. 

MadaCide Is what is used in the medical field (and tattoo) to disinfect surfaces. Will kill hepatitis in under five minutes and most other things in closer to 30 seconds.

I happen to have a spray bottle and a tub of wipes right here. And a few gallons stashed at the shop. Good luck getting any in the current market though.

As far as leafy food goes the only greens I’ve had this week are in frozen smoothie packs. All other vegetables are getting cooked. 

for sterilization to occur. Temperature must reach 360° for 20 minutes or 340° for 40 minutes. 

What I can't find is let's say someone with COVID sneezes on my carrots.  What temp do I need to cook them to in order to eat it safely.  Obviously 360 for 20min is not going to happen...

7 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

What I can't find is let's say someone with COVID sneezes on my carrots.  What temp do I need to cook them to in order to eat it safely.  Obviously 360 for 20min is not going to happen...

I personally would try the bleach solution and see what you think. Who knows may not leave any noticeable effect other than piece of mind.

those temperature and times are based on dry heat sterilization for medical equipment. Things that can’t go in an autoclave. 

1 minute ago, j-roadtatts said:

I personally would try the bleach solution and see what you think. Who knows may not leave any noticeable effect other than piece of mine.

those temperature and times are based on dry heat sterilization for medical equipment. Things that can’t go in an autoclave. 

Currently I quarantine for 3 days and then say fuck it.  Bought more yesterday though and am more concerned as the shit comes from elsewhere and I cna't just look at MN.

3 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Currently I quarantine for 3 days and then say fuck it.  Bought more yesterday though and am more concerned as the shit comes from elsewhere and I cna't just look at MN.

I live on faith and instinct. If God wants my ass he will take me. Other than that I just trust my instincts. Not going to overthink it much beyond that.

20 minutes over 360° should be no problem with carrots. I just baked a pan of asparagus and carrots Tossed in oil at 450° and was good to go. Only that high because I was broiling steaks in a cast iron and didn’t want to run both ovens.

Speaking of asparagus, I got my patch mulched and strawed. Hopefully will get my berry bushes and grapes done today. Emptied the chicken coop into the garden beds a few weeks ago so that should be coming along nicely as well.

we had four days of snow this last week and has rained every other day. 

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

MadaCide Is what is used in the medical field (and tattoo) to disinfect surfaces. Will kill hepatitis in under five minutes and most other things in closer to 30 seconds.

I happen to have a spray bottle and a tub of wipes right here. And a few gallons stashed at the shop. Good luck getting any in the current market though.

Unfairbro!

As I said. The medical wipes that match the medical surfaces work. But that wipe wine work on some surfaces. And many surfaces it will just eat off!  Lol

If we can use that then I also nominate aqua regia bro.

:D

49 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

If its on the surface blanching would do it. No idea how it would get "inside". 

Massive amount of water and heat. Water also transfers heat faster than air. 

This is about delayed exposure. I do not see any situation in which we are not all exposed. 

It is about how healthy you are when you are introduced to the virus.

This is what the CDC is mostly saying guys. I encourage you to read it but do not be fooled into thinking this is a dodge able thing. 

Edited by dem beats

Dodging it while the hospital beds are in over demand is a good idea.  China has nearly stopped it.  Regrettably the western world can't do what China did.  NY is about to get fucked up.