Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

3 hours ago, nigel said:

https://www.kingstonist.com/news/suspect-caught-after-attempted-package-drop-at-collins-bay-institution/

Little fucker tried to throw drugs and cellphones over our wall to his brother 2 nights in a row.  Damn could he run.

I had him eating the fucking pavement from the tower, but with no visible weapons on him I wasn't justified to shoot.  Could only watch our mobile patrols give chase and contact local police for an assist.  Whatever he had on him he buried in the swamp before he got caught.

You need a dart gun too!

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

You need a dart gun too!

That would be interesting...:D

I need to do a speaker build soon. Looking for something simplistic and high value. Speakers will be to fill a sitting area/ kitchen for listening. Will be powered by a 60w/ch Adcom.

I looked at the ZD5, but the cross over is crazy daunting. The Seas L18/27 is a little more than I want to chew on, price wise. Also, I'm lookign to keep the cabinet as small as possible to help the wife feel better about the speakers. (Which is odd, because we still have the BIB's in our living room).

On 4/4/2020 at 1:06 AM, dem beats said:

Congrats!

On 4/4/2020 at 8:29 AM, ///M5 said:

Woot

Thanks guys. considering everything going on, I am especially grateful to find work. Especially with this pandemic. That being said, I'm still applying to other positions. Until the contract is signed, and I've started I want to keep pushing.

J

12 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I need to do a speaker build soon. Looking for something simplistic and high value. Speakers will be to fill a sitting area/ kitchen for listening. Will be powered by a 60w/ch Adcom.

I looked at the ZD5, but the cross over is crazy daunting. The Seas L18/27 is a little more than I want to chew on, price wise. Also, I'm lookign to keep the cabinet as small as possible to help the wife feel better about the speakers. (Which is odd, because we still have the BIB's in our living room).

How much are the L18/27's and how much do you think you should spend.

I like the lift!

Awesome.  What are you planning?

16 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Spent the day stripping this turd.  I'm beat.

turd.thumb.jpg.026d1e8b123731ab7d5b44256d8f0f3a.jpg

That bad eh? At least the bestest boy was there to help!!

J

On 4/4/2020 at 4:07 PM, ///M5 said:

Two days in a row.  Yesterday it was my oven.  You are welcome.

Hey man. It's good to know that it even happens to Mr Overkill himself. You got the budget to climb out so I just watch what you do and then do the same thing but cheeper!  Humans gotta do what humans gotta do. 

Crazy times right now and I'm a bigger fan of this simply family life than I am of anything else. Getting to see more of peoples lives is the one good thing I'm getting out of this and its connection I've surely missed while being sick 

: D

22 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Thanks guys. considering everything going on, I am especially grateful to find work. Especially with this pandemic. That being said, I'm still applying to other positions. Until the contract is signed, and I've started I want to keep pushing.

J

You have been crushing it lately my guy. I hope it keeps up. You deserve a damn break.

I'm hoping I find a way to shorten my "rough mornings" so I can get to work as soon as this shitstorm simmers down.  

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Awesome.  What are you planning?

5 lug swap parts for the T-bird.  The car was a total mess, but it had all new suspension parts.  What would have cost me over a grand, only cost me $300 and 5 hours pulling it off. 

So my convertible dropped a cylinder a couple weeks ago.  It felt like a coil pack, so I pulled plugs on the driver side to get an idea.  All the plugs were good, but one was a little too clean so obviously it had some spark issues.  Today I went to install new plugs and coils.  Driver's side goes cake.  I get over to cylinder one and I notice the plug is loose and there is a piece of metal down in the well.  I tried for two hours to get the piece out to no avail.  It was wedged under the seat of the plug, was sticking up just enough that I couldn't seat the socket on it.  SO, I ground down one side of the socket, got the plug out and no sooner did I remove the plug and the piece fell down into the cylinder.  I've tried all manners of vacuuming the thing without success.  I'm kinda stuck right now.  I REALLY don't want to pull the engine just for a motherfucking piece of debris.  This is so my luck with this car.  Every simple task on this has turned into a nightmare.

46 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

So my convertible dropped a cylinder a couple weeks ago.  It felt like a coil pack, so I pulled plugs on the driver side to get an idea.  All the plugs were good, but one was a little too clean so obviously it had some spark issues.  Today I went to install new plugs and coils.  Driver's side goes cake.  I get over to cylinder one and I notice the plug is loose and there is a piece of metal down in the well.  I tried for two hours to get the piece out to no avail.  It was wedged under the seat of the plug, was sticking up just enough that I couldn't seat the socket on it.  SO, I ground down one side of the socket, got the plug out and no sooner did I remove the plug and the piece fell down into the cylinder.  I've tried all manners of vacuuming the thing without success.  I'm kinda stuck right now.  I REALLY don't want to pull the engine just for a motherfucking piece of debris.  This is so my luck with this car.  Every simple task on this has turned into a nightmare.

We are kindred souls with working on stuff. 

I hope it goes easier than it sounds 

And here it is!  Sorry for the poor resolution;  I have a cheap boreoscope.

Debris.thumb.jpg.9d3bbbb397e65f22b7ff5b987ac16e03.jpg

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

Ouch!!!

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Manually turn the crank and raise the piston up and get it with a piece of double sided tape attached to a hanger?

J

5 hours ago, dem beats said:

You have been crushing it lately my guy. I hope it keeps up. You deserve a damn break.

I'm hoping I find a way to shorten my "rough mornings" so I can get to work as soon as this shitstorm simmers down.  

I appreciate that bro. I'm hoping it does too. If more decals would sell it would help too LOL. As for deserving it, eh I try and earn my way. I don't expect shit just to come to me, but a break would be stellar.

The rough mornings always suck. I hope they improve quickly. Anything I can do to help?

J

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Fuck.  Sorry.

8 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Manually turn the crank and raise the piston up and get it with a piece of double sided tape attached to a hanger?

J

Metal abortion.  GO for it!

I tried that and a bunch of other shit.  Next up is a dab of hot glue on the end of a dowel rod.

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

I tried that and a bunch of other shit.  Next up is a dab of hot glue on the end of a dowel rod.

Damn. Hopefully that works. Only other thing I could think of might be a set of push pinches. No idea what the technical name is. It's a push cable that opens and closes a clasp.

J

Got the contact papers. Later today they will schedule me for the physical and fingerprinting.

J

11 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I appreciate that bro. I'm hoping it does too. If more decals would sell it would help too LOL. As for deserving it, eh I try and earn my way. I don't expect shit just to come to me, but a break would be stellar.

The rough mornings always suck. I hope they improve quickly. Anything I can do to help?

J

I just need to shit right and sleep right. Once that works I'll probably eat right too. 

It is impossible finding help right now though instead of making progr6im kind of slipping back. No gym or sauna to help me. No massage or PT or anything.