Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

16 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Oh fuck when I lose something fishing I need WAY more than that

If only the Jim's could float!

5 hours ago, dem beats said:

Shitheads everywhere. But in general ths sense of humor and work ethic is so wonderful to have on a team. Usually, if someone is asking for mentorship they also then learned the "shut up around any other bosses because Im the cool one" also. That's great because then I have less HR problems. Boy scout on the streets below cum stain when no one is around. Perfect attenuating for my style. You also usually can go from 0-110% pretty fast. Teamwork skills too. The ones who are crap just make that known and never ask for mentorship so I guess I dealt with them only FOR HR shit because they did not learn to shut up around COs. 

I'm sure I've said it a million times here too. The command, repeate command, confirm, confirm speech pattern is something I train anyone who expresses an interest in learning from me professionally. That is to misscommunicating what washing hands and lysol does to COVID. 

Someone beat it into you guys so all of you have this huge advantage with me if I'm your teamate/boss.

They spread faster than Coronavirus. The sense of humor comes from a variety of places and the mentality of learning from mentors is drilled into many of us from day one. The 'train the trainer' mentality runs rampant with us, and many of us carry that beyond our time in uniform. Same thing with teamwork. We know that teamwork makes the dream work. As for the crap ones....they wash out and get cast away quickly. They either learn to adapt or move the fuck on.

J

5 hours ago, dem beats said:

I do not compete well however. I just dont play the game. I'm careful who I sharpen my steel against. Sometimes that's rough for the .mil competition thing when we are trying to rally as peers. 

As a boss it means that I'm completely happy with making you do it, making sure you dont fuck up, and making sure you get the credit. 

My biggest talent as a leader was finding talent and nurturing it. When I left 75%of my peer group were my direct mentees across the state and some even going on way past me and out of state to high leadership. I fuck a lot of stuff up but I'm good at getting good people to give their all. 

That is a damn rare combination there. Personally, I compete pretty well, but I usually go balls out on it. I have a deep seeded desire to win, and will do so at almost all costs. I won't directly hamstring somebody to win, but if I can snake an advantage without causing you direct harm, you best believe I'll do that.

Let me give you and example. While I was in we had a canned food drive for the less fortunate. The shop with the biggest donation would get a 4 day pass, 3 day pass, and two weeks of no PT or formation in the morning. So I typed up a letterhead and sent it to our local Sam's Club and Costco. Took 4 trucks to get everything they donated. The other shops had less than a truck load combined. Our shop got everything and an additional recognition from the base as a Battalion for having the biggest donation of any unit on the base. Unit got funds for one hell of a party from MWR too.

J

10 hours ago, nigel said:

Happy Easter to all who celebrate the occasion.

Back atcha. 

I'm burning through creme fraiche like it's the last day I'll see it. Quart into my taters and maybe a half cup on scones and such. 

Mmm.

On 4/11/2020 at 5:05 PM, Godsmack said:

That is a damn rare combination there. Personally, I compete pretty well, but I usually go balls out on it. I have a deep seeded desire to win, and will do so at almost all costs. I won't directly hamstring somebody to win, but if I can snake an advantage without causing you direct harm, you best believe I'll do that.

Let me give you and example. While I was in we had a canned food drive for the less fortunate. The shop with the biggest donation would get a 4 day pass, 3 day pass, and two weeks of no PT or formation in the morning. So I typed up a letterhead and sent it to our local Sam's Club and Costco. Took 4 trucks to get everything they donated. The other shops had less than a truck load combined. Our shop got everything and an additional recognition from the base as a Battalion for having the biggest donation of any unit on the base. Unit got funds for one hell of a party from MWR too.

J

Hahaha. My store has 6 barrel filled for the toys for tots thing. My left shoulder made it onto the news. All my peers were short AF. Lmao

Wife gave up 10 year of collecting art supplies. I cannot even stomach thinking about where in the $1X,xxx range it was. She wasn't going to use it...... but I felt it  lol

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Hahaha. My store has 6 barrel filled for the toys for tots thing. My left shoulder made it onto the news. All my peers were short AF. Lmao

Wife gave up 10 year of collecting art supplies. I cannot even stomach thinking about where in the $1X,xxx range it was. She wasn't going to use it...... but I felt it  lol

Well done!!!

J

59 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Well done!!!

J

If I do "compete" it's only when I know I can win with an absolute show of force.  And if I lose I gotta play it off like I wasnt trying. Lol

It's all for my fragile ego bro!

Doh.  I missed that.  Saw straight 6 and rwd.  Didn't read it all...

Looks like orientation is the 20th and start the 21st.

J

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Doh.  I missed that.  Saw straight 6 and rwd.  Didn't read it all...

Yeah, I was totally excited about the car, engine and all.  Until hybrid was tacked on.

So, I realized one of the stupidest things that I lock up on when trying to buy is stupid air filters for my house. What do you guys do? I don't care if I have to replace them often as long as I know I'm doing what's best for my system in the long run.

13 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Yeah, I was totally excited about the car, engine and all.  Until hybrid was tacked on.

A 48V system could just be a belt starter generator that doesn't really impede on the drivetrain.

Also, the industry is really moving towards some sort of hybrid, so this will be really common moving forward.

13 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

A 48V system could just be a belt starter generator that doesn't really impede on the drivetrain.

Also, the industry is really moving towards some sort of hybrid, so this will be really common moving forward.

Sadly, you are correct. 

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

So, I realized one of the stupidest things that I lock up on when trying to buy is stupid air filters for my house. What do you guys do? I don't care if I have to replace them often as long as I know I'm doing what's best for my system in the long run.

There should be a reusable one available. Otherwise I’d just buy a pack of the cheap ones and change them accordingly.

3 hours ago, MKader17 said:

As Jared said the cheap ones when changed accordingly works just fine. I have used the 3M filters when I had to buy my own, and my current landlords provide these craptastic cheap filters. I have noticed no difference at all in terms of dust, length of life for the filter, or breathing quality. I'm also not horribly sensitive.

J

6 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Buy a good pleated filter and change it as needed.  The re-usable or electronic filters just aren't worth the hassle and they accumulate a lot of shit.

Really, if you can get a tin knocker in there, I suggest a good 4 or 5 inch pleated filter.  Also, if you have carpeting in your home, have it PROFESSIONALLY cleaned at least every 6 months.  Carpet is the largest filter in your house.

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Sadly, you are correct. 

Nope, fuck that.  Additional weight, complexity, and cost I neither need nor want.

So after my printer died I ended up with another Canon. Considering the budget I wanted to spend, I found something that will work great.

J

On 4/15/2020 at 7:30 AM, MKader17 said:

1" Merc 11

My bones feel like they are wrapped in barbed wire. 

Fuck my life. 

I could use some good weather. 

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

My bones feel like they are wrapped in barbed wire. 

Fuck my life. 

I could use some good weather. 

You and me both. It snowed all day here yesterday. I am waddling like a penguin this morning. King Kong has my spine. I’m so over it.

ready for some hookers and blow in a bungalow in Bora-Bora.