Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Warmer would help J

I can't stay warm for walks even if I walk with someplace that has benches to rest. I hit the elliptical and it helps but its rough as fuck on my knees for some reason. I even have a stride adjustment.  Top of the line back in her day!!!!  Lol

Edited by dem beats

The upside?

I will have abs in no time. On days when I eat a ton of junk and get in the calories I need my muscles swell the fuck up. Shoulder striations showing up like crazy. Quads popping off through the sweatpants like a boss. So there is some upside. Just get all that belly skin chopped off and I'll be a middle aged model. 

Gotta get a book deal for going from ~550 and chonky to shripped right?

Keep at it dem beats.  It's awesome to hear about the changes you've made.

Hit a decent leg routine yesterday right before heading in to work (deadlifts, squats, quad extensions, hamstring curls, calf raises) then when I got to work a buddy of mine challenged me to a lunge challenge.  3 sets of 100 walking lunges later and my legs felt like jelly. Spent half my shift standing because I was afraid if I sat down I wouldn't be able to stand back up...

Edited by nigel

8 hours ago, nigel said:

Keep at it dem beats.  It's awesome to hear about the changes you've made.

Hit a decent leg routine yesterday right before heading in to work (deadlifts, squats, quad extensions, hamstring curls, calf raises) then when I got to work a buddy of mine challenged me to a lunge challenge.  3 sets of 100 walking lunges later and my legs felt like jelly. Spent half my shift standing because I was afraid if I sat down I wouldn't be able to stand back up...

Those are the best leg days. 

On or off. Nothing in between. 

Always feels great.  Definitely have some stiffness in the quads this morning, second day after legs is always the worst.  But, it's manageable.  Need to do some stretching in a bit.  Got in a decent shoulder/arm workout in this morning already.

I think this evening at work we're doing pushups. Looking at likely 10 sets of 30 is what we settled on challenge wise, so long as we get posted together again.

Yo, happy friday.

On 5/13/2020 at 7:19 PM, dem beats said:

Warmer would help J

I can't stay warm for walks even if I walk with someplace that has benches to rest. I hit the elliptical and it helps but its rough as fuck on my knees for some reason. I even have a stride adjustment.  Top of the line back in her day!!!!  Lol

It might be time to have it readjusted. Personally I cannot do the elliptical past a walk without my knee screaming from grinding. I typically choose a bike for cardio.

On 5/13/2020 at 7:28 PM, dem beats said:

The upside?

I will have abs in no time. On days when I eat a ton of junk and get in the calories I need my muscles swell the fuck up. Shoulder striations showing up like crazy. Quads popping off through the sweatpants like a boss. So there is some upside. Just get all that belly skin chopped off and I'll be a middle aged model. 

Gotta get a book deal for going from ~550 and chonky to shripped right?

It could be one hell of a book man. My muscles are shrinking and I need to take better care of myself. On the plus side my new job has a solid gym on site. Unfortunately it is currently closed.

J

Also, I'm looking for some stuff for a surprise cake day gift for a buddy who does a lot of custom metal work. Any chance any of you have any of the following sitting around the house/garage?

- Old gauges

- Interesting/unique machine chains

- Unusual nuts and/or bolts

- Heavy springs

- Fly wheels

- Cranks

- Old round saw blade (the bigger the better)

They don't need to be clean or perfect. He does a lot of steampunk style stuff.

J

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

It might be time to have it readjusted. Personally I cannot do the elliptical past a walk without my knee screaming from grinding. I typically choose a bike for cardio.

It could be one hell of a book man. My muscles are shrinking and I need to take better care of myself. On the plus side my new job has a solid gym on site. Unfortunately it is currently closed.

J

Shrinking muscles is fucking real. The Mauo diagnosed me with clinical malnutrition basicaly.  I felt soooooooo damn vindicated to all these doctors I kept telling I was wasting and drinking cream and sugar to fight it.

Lmao

"How can you be so healthy if your so sick?"

"What if every patient you had started walking 3 times a day, lifting weights 3-6 times a week and missing both marks less than 3 times a year?  What if they have done that for wo years and make 90% of their food in their own kitchen?"

:angry doctor noises:

Fixed all that looking shredded bullshit and had a tripple whopper heavy all and then some icecream. 

I spent most of the day laying down and the one short shoulder workout, then back to sitting my ass down when I got a migraine. 

I even had my tracker off for 2 hours when I was stretching after getting up and I still burned >4500 kcal.

If I could process and consume healthy foods again..... oh the things I would do. 

On 5/15/2020 at 8:35 PM, dem beats said:

Shrinking muscles is fucking real. The Mauo diagnosed me with clinical malnutrition basicaly.  I felt soooooooo damn vindicated to all these doctors I kept telling I was wasting and drinking cream and sugar to fight it.

Lmao

"How can you be so healthy if your so sick?"

"What if every patient you had started walking 3 times a day, lifting weights 3-6 times a week and missing both marks less than 3 times a year?  What if they have done that for wo years and make 90% of their food in their own kitchen?"

:angry doctor noises:

It's a great way to combat many issues. I am in need of getting back to that myself. I'm getting there day by day.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:05 AM, dem beats said:

Fixed all that looking shredded bullshit and had a tripple whopper heavy all and then some icecream. 

I spent most of the day laying down and the one short shoulder workout, then back to sitting my ass down when I got a migraine. 

I even had my tracker off for 2 hours when I was stretching after getting up and I still burned >4500 kcal.

If I could process and consume healthy foods again..... oh the things I would do. 

Damn that's a solid day of work man.

J

On 5/10/2020 at 10:47 AM, j-roadtatts said:

I personally like the Sun Blaze Brand. Otherwise Hydrofarm would be my second choice. with the space you have I would probably get a 6 or 8 bulb 4’ fixture. 
as far as bulbs they come in standard, HO and VHO. I would stick with the HO. There are only two brands I trust. Spectralux and Quantum. Trust to have the best intensity AND be the correct spectrum and stay that way the longest. 

I am rather close to ordering lights.  Here is the planting I had planned on, I have this as an 8" spacing but this is with 6".  With 6" center to center on the 3" net cups it is 33 plants in just under 11sq ft.  21" x 72".  XQxGOcc.png

Currently the plan is to build it as an ebb & flow.  If I want to change to NFT I will change adapt the drain height at the end and tip the channels so it runs down hill.  Figure it will allow both with just a simple spacer on the fixture to hold the channels.  Going to use 6' x 4" fence posts from HD so that they are square to prevent overfill and make sealing all the fittings easier.

Next post will link the lights based on your recommendations.  Would love feedback.

Sunblaze HGC9603000

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Blaze-Fluorescent-Hydroponic-Greenhouse/dp/B002YXTBA6/ref=sr_1_13_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=T5%2Bfluorescent&qid=1589825260&refinements=p_89%3AHydrofarm|Sun%2BBlaze&rnid=2528832011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-13-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQlhWUUtRNFdPTVZMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjYzMjk2M1IzMjYwRk5WQlVVQiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTkyMjA3QUhCRElJNE1CMjI3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

6 lamp out of stock

8 Lamp $220 - May 20-June 3

51qVlsBedkL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Hydrofarm Agrobrite 4' Fixture FLP44:

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Agrobrite-Designer-FLP44-Fixture/dp/B007FGE6C0/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=T5+fluorescent&qid=1589825260&refinements=p_89%3AHydrofarm|Sun+Blaze&rnid=2528832011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-2

6 Tube - 18.5" W -> $227 delivery Friday

8 Tube - 24" W --> $190 delivery May 30

41x5gViSbFL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Hydrofarm Agrobrite White FLT44:

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Agrobrite-FLT24-Fluorescent-System/dp/B005H1C7NA/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=T5%2Bfluorescent&qid=1589825260&refinements=p_89%3AHydrofarm|Sun%2BBlaze&rnid=2528832011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-1&th=1

6 Tube - 18.5" W -> $166 delivery Friday

8 Tube - 24" W --> $230 delivery May 20-June 5

51GETweu30L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Quantum 8 tube - since you liked their bulbs I thought maybe ok....plus it says Hydofarm Quantum

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-Quantum-8-Tube-Fixture-without/dp/B0050I9U5I/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=T5+fluorescent&qid=1589825260&refinements=p_89%3AHydrofarm|Sun+Blaze&rnid=2528832011&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-5

$243 - May 26-28

61JJZkpflSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Totally down with shopping at someplace other than Amazon...  Based on delivery time the Hydrofarm I prefer atm.

Note on the spacing above.  My tomatoes will be done in an offshoot of the main system.  ie, their own bucket perhaps even kratky on the side due to the extra spacing that is needed.

And yes, my lovely drawing program is Excel...lol.  I tried in other things and said fuck it.  This was pretty easy to modify.

Still shopping for PVC bulk fittings to connect to the fence posts.  Want to make sure I find ones with holes that accept PVC so that I can change the drain/overflow height just by plugging in a different length piece of PVC.

I'm low tech and planted my 'maters in the dirt. 

Like a cave man.

:-(

On 5/17/2020 at 5:05 PM, Godsmack said:

It's a great way to combat many issues. I am in need of getting back to that myself. I'm getting there day by day.

Damn that's a solid day of work man.

J

Takes a lot of beef to keep this heap moving. 

When my immune is spinning its wheels it's like running a few extra miles a day for calories and stress but none of the health benefits. So then I gotta run the engine just to break even. That means a fuuuuuuuuuck load of calories even on a slow day. 

Jared saw how flabby I am and that's while basically "starved".  For all the bad luck my DNA gave me, I ended up thiccc. Hyperflexable people often end up with extra athletic ability due to the extra couple degrees they can grab leverage from. Until it all gives out. And they can't 

: D

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

I'm low tech and planted my 'maters in the dirt. 

Like a cave man.

:-(

I don't have sun outside.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:14 AM, ///M5 said:

I don't have sun outside.

You shouldn't need anything other than the healing waters of lake Minnetonka!

You're whole neighborhood is kind of an enchanted forest. 

Holy crap. 

Just had a 5 hour doctor visit. 

Hour break for lunch.  I'm amped.

On 5/19/2020 at 1:35 AM, dem beats said:

Takes a lot of beef to keep this heap moving. 

When my immune is spinning its wheels it's like running a few extra miles a day for calories and stress but none of the health benefits. So then I gotta run the engine just to break even. That means a fuuuuuuuuuck load of calories even on a slow day. 

Jared saw how flabby I am and that's while basically "starved".  For all the bad luck my DNA gave me, I ended up thiccc. Hyperflexable people often end up with extra athletic ability due to the extra couple degrees they can grab leverage from. Until it all gives out. And they can't 

: D

Well damn. All my DNA gave me is shitty facial hair, and a difficult time building muscle mass.

J