Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

23 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I listed my Mustang up on Facebook last night and it sold in 2 hours.  Dude came over and just handed me a wad of cash.  He didn't care to look at it or test drive it even.  IT was so odd.   

I am starting to think maybe I have been devaluing my stuff.  I posted it for $3500 and I had a line of 20 people within 10 minutes.  It was nuts.  Nobody tried to haggle with me either. 

People who haggle up front i don't invite over to see my stuff.  Price it right and hold.  Sold my ATV in 4 hours for $1000 more than it was worth.  Shit is nuts right now.

NO shit.  I need to finish getting this Audi torn apart and list shit for sale.

18 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I'm curious on the out of towners....why are most of the arrest reports saying they are locals to their cities?

J

That's not known. Many from Wisconsin but some seem to be from way further. 

There was news and confirmation of a very large crowd leaving Chicago through WI to here.

17 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Have you handled or shot one?  I'm specifically interested in the micro compact.

My hands do not shoot them. If you can shoot accurately with your current gun(same caliber at least) while holding your pinky forward and firing you should be ok for compact micro. Maybe pinky and ring. 

I have never even heard of the helcat. I'll look it up. Just my .02 on the gun. I'm big enough that I could appendix carry a full frame 1911 without printing much. 

I wanna get shredded enough that I conceal a gold plated desert eagle in each cum gutter.

I have small hands and a small frame so I am good there.  My current carry is a P938 so I doubt I'll have a problem with it.  I just miss shooting my PX4 Storm .40.  I like the Sig, but there's something about the Beretta that I just love.  It's like I can literally feel the smooth action.  I've never had another pistol like it.  The Sig feels a little notchy to me in it's action.  The trigger seems a little light also.

I'm so angry with my state government.  I'm vibrating with energy to help it thrive here. 

I cannot wait to vote. 

New meds are very interesting.  My mind is coming back more and more every day but physically I'm having a ton of just brutal days.  Almost impossible to eat enough.

As soon as I can get food in and through though..... I might be coming up to the bend right before I come around the bend. 

Oooooohweeeee

I have been feet up almost all week.

The way my brain has to deal with the inflammation from the old meds being long gone and the new ones take a long time to kick in is wild.  Hunter S Thompson would bail on this ride from the acceleration alone. LMAO

Hey gentlemen, what's your favorite belt sander...... 

I need one but I'm looking for one for the FIL.

Portable for both. He will finish wood mostly.  If I could find it I would take a motor from a table top prograde and pop a handle and trigger on that bitch. Heavy?  Good. Idiots cant pick it up, and I dont have to bolt it down as hard as my grandpa's old one in his jig.

Someone needs to unabashedly make power tools for ogre mutations like me.  We have money. We want it.  Grandpa had it kinda. Why are we more suck?

/rant

:american flag fading into the background:

Edited by dem beats

Stationary, I prefer Grizzly.  Portable, I've only used Porter cable and Bosch.  I LOVE Bosch power tools.

3 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Stationary, I prefer Grizzly.  Portable, I've only used Porter cable and Bosch.  I LOVE Bosch power tools.

Portable. Should have mentioned that!  I'll edit, thanks. 

Also, thanks for the rec!

On 5/31/2020 at 9:30 AM, Tirefryr said:

I listed my Mustang up on Facebook last night and it sold in 2 hours.  Dude came over and just handed me a wad of cash.  He didn't care to look at it or test drive it even.  IT was so odd.   

I am starting to think maybe I have been devaluing my stuff.  I posted it for $3500 and I had a line of 20 people within 10 minutes.  It was nuts.  Nobody tried to haggle with me either. 

IMO take what you really want to get, and add 20% to the price. Give ya room for them to try and drive it down.

J

On 5/31/2020 at 9:54 AM, ///M5 said:

People who haggle up front i don't invite over to see my stuff.  Price it right and hold.  Sold my ATV in 4 hours for $1000 more than it was worth.  Shit is nuts right now.

You're a rarity there. I typically try and tell someone where my mind is when I contact. If I look at it and say "eh he's about 30 over what I want to pay' I message them and ask if that price is good with them. Nothing worse than wasting my time or the seller's.

J

I do that as well.

When I want a deal I say one of two things.

"This is exctly what I need, I honestly expected to pay less, is there ANY room to move so I can PayPal you/come get and pay you ASAP?"

Or

"I really want this item, but I always try to get a deal, is there anything worth trading that might benefit us both?"

I seem to be really good at choosing which one to use on who.  If I cannot get any rapport I'm usually too nervous about the situation. lmao

For the record, I'm only out for a "deal" like 95% of the time so I've calmed down quite a bit. 

Fucking depression era catholic guilt immigrant mindset. 

:D

Decided the FIL is getting the 11amp makita instead of the porter cable. It's a bit lighter so I think he will appreciate it. 

I better not get anything.  I don't like presents.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I better not get anything.  I don't like presents.

Any reason?

J

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Any reason?

J

Too many trips to the free clinic. 

:D

21 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Things from the heart I love, material items not at all.  Obviously a present could be both but societally it becomes an exercise in panick and compromise yielding pressure to give something that is material in place of something heartfelt.

I have received gifts from people on here that are more personal and thoughtful than one could imagine.  Those are awesome.

So it isn't really I don't like gifts, but I don't like the idea that gifts are necessary on certain days.  Out of the blue gifts that have meaning are always welcome and by far the best kind to give.

This.  100% agree.

I would rather someone just spend time with me for holidays, than buy me "something" just for the sake of giving me a gift.  I have this argument with my wife around my birthday and Christmas every year.  Her family just wants to see me open "gifts" but never take the time really understand who I am so that the gifts have meaning.  It's just what they can fit in their budget.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:22 AM, ///M5 said:

Things from the heart I love, material items not at all.  Obviously a present could be both but societally it becomes an exercise in panick and compromise yielding pressure to give something that is material in place of something heartfelt.

I have received gifts from people on here that are more personal and thoughtful than one could imagine.  Those are awesome.

So it isn't really I don't like gifts, but I don't like the idea that gifts are necessary on certain days.  Out of the blue gifts that have meaning are always welcome and by far the best kind to give.

On 6/10/2020 at 7:06 AM, nigel said:

This.  100% agree.

I would rather someone just spend time with me for holidays, than buy me "something" just for the sake of giving me a gift.  I have this argument with my wife around my birthday and Christmas every year.  Her family just wants to see me open "gifts" but never take the time really understand who I am so that the gifts have meaning.  It's just what they can fit in their budget.

All of this makes sense. For me it's not that I 'hate' gifts, but the only ones that mean anything are the ones that have thought put into them. I've received a few that damn near had me in tears over the years. It's rare though.

J

Gavin had another bad flare up this morning.  Woke up in extreme pain, unable to  move his leg.  Took us 2 hours to move 15 feet into the bathroom.  It subsided a bit later on this evening, but I am afraid he will be the same in the morning.  He was prescribed some prednisone until we go back down to Indy for a full body MRI.  This got me thinking about a car purchase.  I was going to buy another Mark VIII tomorrow.  The thing is super minty and just a gorgeous car.   Anyways, it's kinda low for someone with arthritis, so I got to thinking perhaps I should get a small-ish SUV.  I abhor them really, but I need something that's easy to slide in and out of, comfortable enough that he can sit sideways to prop his legs up for the 6 hour journey's there and back, and if this keeps going I think I may need space for a walker and/or wheelchair.  I've spent three hours researching small SUVs, and OMG, what a fucking mess of shit there is on the market these days.  This is going to prove to be my worst experience yet in vehicle shopping I'm certain.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:27 PM, Godsmack said:

All of this makes sense. For me it's not that I 'hate' gifts, but the only ones that mean anything are the ones that have thought put into them. I've received a few that damn near had me in tears over the years. It's rare though.

J

My hate is because I can never fulfill my own definitions for everyone.  Trying to is self defeating.  I'd rather exclude them always, but then when I give or receive it can be truly memorable which is so much better than doing it over and over again and not hitting the mark.