Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

22 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Gavin had another bad flare up this morning.  Woke up in extreme pain, unable to  move his leg.  Took us 2 hours to move 15 feet into the bathroom.  It subsided a bit later on this evening, but I am afraid he will be the same in the morning.  

Sorry dude.  That is terrible.

22 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I was going to buy another Mark VIII tomorrow.  The thing is super minty and just a gorgeous car.   Anyways, it's kinda low for someone with arthritis, so I got to thinking perhaps I should get a small-ish SUV.  I abhor them really, but I need something that's easy to slide in and out of, comfortable enough that he can sit sideways to prop his legs up for the 6 hour journey's there and back, and if this keeps going I think I may need space for a walker and/or wheelchair.  I've spent three hours researching small SUVs, and OMG, what a fucking mess of shit there is on the market these days.  This is going to prove to be my worst experience yet in vehicle shopping I'm certain.

I am as you know not a normal guy, but the Mark VIII was the 2nd most comfortable car I have ever owned.  The first being my 68 XL.  Getting up out of it isn't ideal but while in it I think better than a small SUV.  Of course there is not a small SUV I am comfortable in.  If his mobility makes that hard though, you are right the small SUV market is a shit show.

The RX should be a bargain reliability winner, but it is made for people under 6'0"

Not that it is small, but it is spec'd like a small suv.  

Yeah, it's easier for him to pull himself up into something.  That way, he's not putting weight on his legs, and his hips and groin are where the problems are at right now.  I am literally looking at everything, minus Korea Motors.  Naturally Lexus is my first choice.  My best friend is a Lexus tech, so that really helps.  This is just an odd experience for me.  I've never paid any attention to SUVs.   I know enough just being a car guy, but I am in awe of the number of them right now.  Just holy shit!

I'm also hoping to get at least 20 mpgs in the  city.  The Mustang has been my most economical vehicle lately and that thing got 16 in the city when it felt like it.

20 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Yeah, it's easier for him to pull himself up into something.  That way, he's not putting weight on his legs, and his hips and groin are where the problems are at right now.  I am literally looking at everything, minus Korea Motors.  Naturally Lexus is my first choice.  My best friend is a Lexus tech, so that really helps.  This is just an odd experience for me.  I've never paid any attention to SUVs.   I know enough just being a car guy, but I am in awe of the number of them right now.  Just holy shit!

4 Runner? Same build is offered as a Lexus but 1/2 the price. Solid, reliable, and easy to find used.

I've driven a few of them and the space in the back can easily accommodate a chair if need be. I don't remember what is going on with him (please excuse my memory) but if I can help man, let me know.

J

9 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

4 Runner? Same build is offered as a Lexus but 1/2 the price. Solid, reliable, and easy to find used.

I've driven a few of them and the space in the back can easily accommodate a chair if need be. I don't remember what is going on with him (please excuse my memory) but if I can help man, let me know.

J

4 Runner is Tacoma based.  I do not want a full-frame vehicle.  I want unibody construction.  This has to ride like a car.  As of now, I am down to the Edge Sport or MKX if I can find one under $30K, RX350, Highlander, or MDX.

If you are anywhere close to 30k the RDX is brilliant.  Outdrives things at 2x the price.   19 or newer though so probably 35

I ordered one....but couldn't take it.  Couldn't be my first new car.

So I ordered a Vette.  Then Covid.  Walked from that too.  Bought a hot tub instead and a new backyard.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

4 Runner is Tacoma based.  I do not want a full-frame vehicle.  I want unibody construction.  This has to ride like a car.  As of now, I am down to the Edge Sport or MKX if I can find one under $30K, RX350, Highlander, or MDX.

Fair enough. Wasn't sure if it might fit the bill.

J

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

If you are anywhere close to 30k the RDX is brilliant.  Outdrives things at 2x the price.   19 or newer though so probably 35

I can get MDX for the same price as RDX, so I am going for room.  I am not too concerned with driving dynamics, rather comfort.

8 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I can get MDX for the same price as RDX, so I am going for room.  I am not too concerned with driving dynamics, rather comfort.

I had more space in the RDX...but 3 row vehicles always screw that up.  Driving was night and day...I know you said you aren't, but the RDX made the new Audi and BMW feel old

On 6/14/2020 at 8:32 PM, ///M5 said:

So I ordered a Vette.  Then Covid.  Walked from that too.  Bought a hot tub instead and a new backyard.

Much better!

Married a thick white girl this morning.

20200618_090820_HDR.jpg

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Married a thick white girl this morning.

20200618_090820_HDR.jpg

She's thick alright.  I prefer a little more curvy, than just thick myself though I wouldn't shy from getting into one like that.

I got a good bench race for you boys.  No controversy at all. 

I'm gonna help a gay couplebiy thier first handgun. It should be super fun. 

Is there anything that is on the market that I should keep them away from?  Stuff we just shouldn't look at?

I haven't purchased in a while and my biased are mine. I hate glock and the 1911 is perfect and a holy and righteous weapon inspired by gods flaming sword willed into life by saint john moses browning.  so dont fuck with it. YMMV. 

: D

I dont know what dogs are in the race anymore since I got off the pistol train in 1911 and my xdm is only my training gun because the 1911 is too good and I have to give myself a handicap.  Too many perfect scores otherwise. 

Built a home gym during the pandemic

Holy shit that is a more expensive hobby than audio.

1 hour ago, Impious said:

Built a home gym during the pandemic

Holy shit that is a more expensive hobby than audio.

:stfu:

Hope all is well!

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

:stfu:

Hope all is well!

Don't have a pic of the whole setup but here is my sexy new bar.  

2020-06-19 09.36.02.jpg

Bought everything I'd need to install a system in my Durango last summer.  Then when it came time to start installing it all realized I have zero motivation to do so.  78% feel like selling it all to replenish what I spent on the home gym, 22% of me still fantasizes about having a badass stereo.    

I've had a sextuplet of Exodus Anarchy's sitting around unused for literally 10 years.  Might turn those into something for the house to see if it squelches the audio bug for me.   

18 minutes ago, Impious said:

Don't have a pic of the whole setup but here is my sexy new bar.  

2020-06-19 09.36.02.jpg

Ohio power bar.  One great quality, all around versatile bar right there.  Will last you your whole life.  Once you get the bug on home gym stuff, hold on tight, you will never have a positive bank account again... I've got an "equipment fund" jar on top of my fridge in the garage... If I don't have the cash in the jar for it, I don't buy it.  Otherwise, I'd be in some serious trouble with what I want to buy.

Edited by nigel

I have a half rack, decent adjustable bench from hois, preacher attachment, leg curl attachment, a pair of 90# power blocks, ez curl bar, and only ~400 pounds for the heavy bar. 

I really want to try one of those hip belt squat machines. If they feel as good as they look I need one of those. 

Maybe some kind of handles to do farmers carry outside would be good. 

I would like that.