Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

2 hours ago, nigel said:

Ohio power bar.  One great quality, all around versatile bar right there.  Will last you your whole life.  Once you get the bug on home gym stuff, hold on tight, you will never have a positive bank account again... I've got an "equipment fund" jar on top of my fridge in the garage... If I don't have the cash in the jar for it, I don't buy it.  Otherwise, I'd be in some serious trouble with what I want to buy.

My wife was giving me a hard time about how much it cost.  I told her it'll be the last bar I'll ever need to buy.  I need to buy some more 45's and I'd like to upgrade my Fitress Gear bench to a Rep.  But otherwise I should be pretty set.  For now.  I think LOL

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

I have a half rack, decent adjustable bench from hois, preacher attachment, leg curl attachment, a pair of 90# power blocks, ez curl bar, and only ~400 pounds for the heavy bar. 

I really want to try one of those hip belt squat machines. If they feel as good as they look I need one of those. 

Man 2 months ago those powerblocks were worth more than gold.   

3 hours ago, Impious said:

Bought everything I'd need to install a system in my Durango last summer.  Then when it came time to start installing it all realized I have zero motivation to do so.  78% feel like selling it all to replenish what I spent on the home gym, 22% of me still fantasizes about having a badass stereo.    

I've had a sextuplet of Exodus Anarchy's sitting around unused for literally 10 years.  Might turn those into something for the house to see if it squelches the audio bug for me.   

I hear ya!  I've got tjousand worth of shit just sitting in my basement.  90% is brand new and never really even touched.

3 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I hear ya!  I've got tjousand worth of shit just sitting in my basement.  90% is brand new and never really even touched.

I just bought a pair of two-way, self powered, Bluetooth monitors to compliment the record player my wife got me for Father's day last year. Realize that at least I would use these instead of dreaming about the setup I was going to build that isn't happening.

5 hours ago, Impious said:

Man 2 months ago those powerblocks were worth more than gold.   

I've had them for a while. I paid half off retail too. 

Made a horse trade with a manager at a fitness center where I gave him cost on mattresses. 

I'm pretty glad I have them. Well worth it at the price I paid. 

My fi Q and Saz 1500 have be >10 years old......

Yikes. Lol

I saw the sport set are >$600 and out of stock.

I'm not gonna say it's worth that much... but some of the ones that I have were second hand going for $1000 and I sure would have sold mine for that much. Lmao

Do something for the house.  The car can wait.

Supposed to get some storms tonight and tomorrow.  The past two times it's stormed, I've lost power.  Let's see if I lose power again. 

Vinyl/stereo setup!

Speakers have built in BT

Record player is sitting on top of an Adcom amp currently not in use.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200620185856572_COVER.jpg

I'm thinking about making a rocket stove instead of using a gas burner for outdoor cooking.

I saw this hairdryer powered version and it really got me all excited,  maybe the top of the BGE would be perfect as a wok burner......

Hope everyone had a stellar Father's Day. Took the girl to check out an open house today. No research before showing up, but I had seen the signs yesterday (it's .5 a mile away), and decided to go look. 639k, but a beautiful home. Damn near everything I want, but it's in a flood zone, and the fencing could use adjusting. Plus that's well outside my budget. Nice realator though. After finding out the price and saying it was well outside my budget, he encouraged us to look around, and told me about a similar home in another neighborhood that will be in the market in 90 days or so. Looking at 325-365k there, so another house to see.

Well on the way back we saw another open house sign. It was for a house just down the road from my current apt, and we had wanted to look at the last open house (the week before) but we overslept and missed it after a late night. Needless to say at 352k it was way over priced. It screamed out 'amateur flipper' when you walked in. Bright white walls, cheap models of 'high end' appliances, horrible landscaping, all the doors were 'new' but also from the closeout section of HD or Lowes. Quite disappointing for the price.

J

Was an awesome father's day as it was also my youngest son's birthday yesterday.

Celebrated his 4th birthday with a visit to my parents, then to my wife's parents.

Spent some time at my parents out in the field pushing round hay bales around for a quick workout.  Got the younger 2 involved and trying their best.  Was awesome.

Then to the in law's where we had a "birthday party" for the youngest. Just us, the in law's and the brother in law's family.  Lot's of fun, water balloon fight, beer drinking and BBQ.  Doesn't get any better.

Fathers day was bittersweet here. We had my dad, wife's dad and step dad all in. Cooked some pulled pork and the W made an awesome cake.

However, my dad has had quite a few falls since returning from Acute Rehab, so we are going to have to start looking into better care for him, which likely means he has to live somewhere else. :( 

OX9Ptz3.jpg

Sorry Mike.  I know your pain.

8 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Fathers day was bittersweet here. We had my dad, wife's dad and step dad all in. Cooked some pulled pork and the W made an awesome cake.

However, my dad has had quite a few falls since returning from Acute Rehab, so we are going to have to start looking into better care for him, which likely means he has to live somewhere else. :( 

OX9Ptz3.jpg

Its you're time to take up Dad for the family.  Sorry for the pain but you have a great support team and you're thinking about your dad's needs first. 

That's the best way to think about Father's Day. I wish it wasn't hard, but you seem to be turning into a guy he can be extremely proud of.

Great photo too. Makes me want cake and I dont like cake. 

I think I have to build a neapolitan style brick oven.

I feel like I my life will not be complete until I get this done. 

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I think I have to build a neapolitan style brick oven.

I feel like I my life will not be complete until I get this done. 

Share plans and ideas here please

Sorry Mike.  That sucks

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Share plans and ideas here please

I am starting here and going backwards. 

This is electric.  If any of you know how I could duplicate an electrical control unit that would come close I'll indulge it.  This would be the cheapest and most controlled idea. I would want to add steam, but you get the point. 

If you guys know how I could even just heat the floor consistently I would be into it. 

Here is another design option.

Again, if you guys could help me with the heaters, I got the rest. Isn't there a way to use the PID and coils that would be used in a forge or in a scientific heater oven. 

Rofco does it.  I'll put steam nozzles on it. 

It's hard to find any info on this. 

https://pleasanthillgrain.com/rofco-electric-stone-oven-b40-bread-oven

Alternatively I'm toying with using a rocket oven, or a rocket stove heated floor and just wood fire the main chamber. 

I feel like I would be much much happier if I could constantly get more heat into stone floor without downtime to reheat the floor.  Spreading coals or blasting with gas fire on the floor between batches.  

It's either I go for more control or just make it huge as fuck and just let mass do it's job. 

I have been reading about all forms of radiation ovens. 

Simplified you have high ceilings or low.  I'm leaning towards a higher ceiling because It causes better convection,  but it means more volume and harder to steam up. 

Lower ceilings also mean more radiant heat on the top of a loaf. That's not ideal unless it's a pizza.  If you have a good long peel though,  you can lift the pie close to the ceiling to hit it hard though. 

If you watch the first video it's easy to see why that's ideal for pizza.  I'm going much smaller of course and it will be "outdoors" but I'm thinking about building it into the garage and using it as heat too. 

I've overcome almost every single issue other than me wanting to find a way to heat the floor of a large hearth style oven.  I am also absolutely sure that you get better results I  a large mass oven than anything else. Because its art. You move it while it cooks in an active process.  This allows you to correct for all other issues on the fly. Its art too and you get to be a part of it.  Large mass ovens are also way more stable in heat. Even if you have great electronics, a ton of radiant energy is going to overcome whatever you think your all about in this life.  I didnt get it before but nothing produced a more stable tool for heating.  I could also easily add in a hearth and my wok burner and a flattop if I'm building a structure already.  I've been thinking about rocket stove options for heating it all. Building a semi outdoor kitchen behind my garage sounds pretty sweet. 

I'm fine with the entire investment, but I feel that a smaller, controlled electric option will allow me to exparament and reproduce things over and over.  Something like that rofco with steam blasted in it would really let me scratch that engineering itch. Absolute repetitive results.