Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

So, I worked all weekend sweating my ass off.  It culminated today with some customers coming in from NJ and I had to train an entire family.  It was easy money, but painfully long and drawn out.  Literally outside in the blazing sun and humidity all day.  Get home and the house is hot.  Air is running, but the condenser is not on.  Go out and cut some weeds down around the unit.  Find the refrigerant line appears to have had something fall on it.  It's too damaged to try to repair, and the unit is 30+ years old anyways, so it's kinda pointless.  I started doing some shopping and HD has a split system I can buy, but the cheapest one is $2500, so I'm just going to get fucked here once I pay someone else to do it and buy a unit from them.  Fucked up day.

You can't EVER buy a break.  Sorry dude.

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I was head unit shopping last week.  I was torn between the chinese Android units and the name brand shit.  I wanted something with Nav so I didn't have to rely on my phone, but everything is stupid over-priced.  Crutchfield had a decent Jensen unit for $250 and specs that matched all the big boys AND a 2 year warranty where others had 1, so it comes in today and I open the literature and it states the warranty is only 1 year.  I called their hotline and they tell me it's only 1 year.  Going to have to call Crutchfield tomorrow and return this thing I think.  I also got the Metra harness with it because it retains all the factory functions, but come to find out, the factory sub will not work unless I buy another adapter for the RCAs.  Nope.  Not what they advertised and not what I wanted.  i have NEVER had a problem with Crutchfield before, and this two errors are just so stupid I can't even believe they happened.

See my last post.  WTF?

22 hours ago, nem said:

Well is seems new car buying is the craze here. I am booked until October doing vehicles! 

I can't even go out without being approached about my work. I must be doing something right. 

Negative interest rates at the highest level will certainly allow for some crazy good spending to happen. 

If you have chunk of money in equity right now, it's worth more than it has been in a loooooooooooong time. 

On 6/25/2020 at 10:24 PM, dem beats said:

The random awesomeness of this place always amazes me. 

Just because I wanted some subwoofers and the old forum I was on died. 

Glad I stumbled into this squad. 

It's a hodgepodge of different skillsets around here. Much like Sean and others have said in the past "If you're the smartest guy in the room, it's time to find a new room." I find myself consistently learning in here. It's a beautiful thing.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:20 PM, dem beats said:

That's my point. 

If I was at a place that had the levers to throw I could reroute that without the current problems that we have right now. There is an open market opportunity that's just not happening for some reason.  My guess is that there is no desire to go into agriculture if you have a high acumen for business or information sharing technology. 

The federal guidelines that keep us safe make it look like we have handcuffs.  You just have to open up a new marketplace. I would do 3-4 at the same time so that I could self compete and gain data on 2 different demographics along the vertical chain. The whole point of this grid of information is to leverage the existing supply chains.  

The farmers need some dorks in suits. 

Well if you get $5 a lb to sell it to a slaughter house, and $7 a lb to kill and trash it.....which way ya gonna go?

There is a massive glut and the biggest problem is not having the assets to transport orders around in a timely manner. I know beef and chicken go for a decent price around here. If we had farmers or small butcher shops that could compete....they could clean house.

J

On 6/29/2020 at 9:48 PM, Tirefryr said:

So, I worked all weekend sweating my ass off.  It culminated today with some customers coming in from NJ and I had to train an entire family.  It was easy money, but painfully long and drawn out.  Literally outside in the blazing sun and humidity all day.  Get home and the house is hot.  Air is running, but the condenser is not on.  Go out and cut some weeds down around the unit.  Find the refrigerant line appears to have had something fall on it.  It's too damaged to try to repair, and the unit is 30+ years old anyways, so it's kinda pointless.  I started doing some shopping and HD has a split system I can buy, but the cheapest one is $2500, so I'm just going to get fucked here once I pay someone else to do it and buy a unit from them.  Fucked up day.

Goddamn that's a bitch. Add in the HU issues....horrible.

As for the AC; contact local AC repair shops. They often times have 'old' units kicking around. Some for parts, some because they haven't been re-sold yet. Might be worth the time to call around.

J

21 hours ago, Godsmack said:

It's a hodgepodge of different skillsets around here. Much like Sean and others have said in the past "If you're the smartest guy in the room, it's time to find a new room." I find myself consistently learning in here. It's a beautiful thing.

Well if you get $5 a lb to sell it to a slaughter house, and $7 a lb to kill and trash it.....which way ya gonna go?

There is a massive glut and the biggest problem is not having the assets to transport orders around in a timely manner. I know beef and chicken go for a decent price around here. If we had farmers or small butcher shops that could compete....they could clean house.

J

Just create a pipeline. 

TURO and Uber along with FB marketplacw proved we can just connect consumers to sellers.  Millions of pigs just got euthanized. It costs a small fortune to deal with that biomass safely. All of that could have re-entered the market by getting it into the hands of butchers who dont need to worry about the animals being too big or too small. 

The euthanized animals mostly die because there is a blockage in processing and the inability to get the people with the pigs to the people who would gladly custom butcher. 

Ryan you are one unlucky guy. I wish we could fix some of this shit for you.

Happy Blow something up day!

On 7/2/2020 at 2:59 PM, dem beats said:

Just create a pipeline. 

TURO and Uber along with FB marketplacw proved we can just connect consumers to sellers.  Millions of pigs just got euthanized. It costs a small fortune to deal with that biomass safely. All of that could have re-entered the market by getting it into the hands of butchers who dont need to worry about the animals being too big or too small. 

The euthanized animals mostly die because there is a blockage in processing and the inability to get the people with the pigs to the people who would gladly custom butcher. 

This is why many smaller butchers have gone to Omaha Steaks for their sales. Add in the fact that many specialize in grass fed beef, or exotic meats like bison, elk, and bear; it's a great thing. Many people prefer the convenience of going to the store, and choosing their own cuts of meat, so the price needs to be justifiable.

J

8 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Got some boom boom pieces for today!

Really puts the feeling... right into.... my heart. 

:D

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

This is why many smaller butchers have gone to Omaha Steaks for their sales. Add in the fact that many specialize in grass fed beef, or exotic meats like bison, elk, and bear; it's a great thing. Many people prefer the convenience of going to the store, and choosing their own cuts of meat, so the price needs to be justifiable.

J

I dont know anything about Omaha steaks other than it's pretty large. Large enough I know the name but not what they do. 

They sell really crappy meat at a premium

Farmers that don't fetch real market value go there to sell of their animals.  One of the lovely problems with the food sourcing in our country is that no one is focused on quality because quality and price don't match.  Eveyrone wants walmart cheap.  Sad.

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Farmers that don't fetch real market value go there to sell of their animals.  One of the lovely problems with the food sourcing in our country is that no one is focused on quality because quality and price don't match.  Eveyrone wants walmart cheap.  Sad.

Most of the time I could not agree more.

J

What about the rest :P

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

What about the rest :P

Sometime people value quality over quantity. All depends person to person and occasion to occasion.

J

Ah, the no one got you.  I care.  Problem is we don't even follow pareto here.  Hardly anyone falls in that category.  it is getting better, but too slowly.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ah, the no one got you.  I care.  Problem is we don't even follow pareto here.  Hardly anyone falls in that category.  it is getting better, but too slowly.

I am insanely confused

Some aren't a part of of the no one.  Was generalizing

On 7/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, dem beats said:

Really puts the feeling... right into.... my heart. 

:D

Seems like every time you post a vid, I see something different than what you actually posted the first time and then when I reload later, it's the correct video. I swore the first time you posted this it was something about baking bread.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:25 PM, MKader17 said:

Seems like every time you post a vid, I see something different than what you actually posted the first time and then when I reload later, it's the correct video. I swore the first time you posted this it was something about baking bread.

That's usually what I'm posting!

I've had that happen from embedded youtube vids before myself. 

On 7/7/2020 at 7:13 AM, ///M5 said:

Yeah get a jumbo crappy eight dollar steak and only eat half. Or buy a smaller grass fed for eight dollars and eat the whole thing!!
The fucked up logic of frugalness. Haha

R2, I thought you might like this video. 

Everyone here might actually,  high def slowmo is always sexy. 

What happens to the dado....  just check it out....

Heavy duty week.  Slammed weekend coming, need a day to totally disconnect.