Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

R2, I thought you might like this video. 

Everyone here might actually,  high def slowmo is always sexy. 

What happens to the dado....  just check it out....

WOW

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

R2, I thought you might like this video. 

Everyone here might actually,  high def slowmo is always sexy. 

What happens to the dado....  just check it out....

Your Youtube algorithm is similar to mine!

I had the same saw at the last job, awesome saw.  

I think I'm going to try my hand at a 4th order BP for the XXX12.  I want to be able to completely hide the driver in my trunk.  I ordered a Woofer Tester2 last night also so I can get some real T/S parameters.

You are making me miss my M3.  Ski pass BP ftw

Well, the Town Car is quite a bit different than an M3.  I think I could fit the M3 in my trunk.

Sean, or anyone who bicycles. Any recommendations on cycling shoes? My 10 year old pair finally gave out. They were 3 cleat "race" style. Light weight but goofy to walk in.

I like the 3 cleat setup but would go 2 cleat for a more comfortable shoe.

Even if I were a roadie I would NEVER buy road shoes.  Huge fan of Sidi's.  What pedals are you using?

I should add, basically my shoes are road shoes with soccer cleats on the bottom and 2 holes.  Super comfy...but they fit perfect.  I am a fan of either laces and lots of them or compression straps.

On my 3rd pair of Sidi Dominators.  First pair lasted around 15,000 mi, 2nd pair I commuted all over in and wore them as shoes.  Bought some a few years back and will probably never wear them out.  I have been riding flats lately though as well as I prefer them for completely jacking around and such.  My manual and uni-wheeling are not where they need to be to go back to clipless. :P

Was going to go test ride a Santa Cruz Hightower today.  Think their new XL is big enough so I don't need the XXL.  Also hoping I can fit a 72v battery in the triangle...if so a 50mph e-bike will be in my garage before next spring

You have WAY more options than I do too.  The Dominators are about the only shoe that come in my side.  If I had my druthers I'd buy a soft sided shoe with a monstrously reinforced footbed for stiffness to take away any potential hot spotting.

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Even if I were a roadie I would NEVER buy road shoes.  Huge fan of Sidi's.  What pedals are you using?

Currently have SPD-SL type pedals but plan to switch to 2 cleat. Trying to decide if I get basic ones or ones that can be more easily pedalled in regular shoes.

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Was going to go test ride a Santa Cruz Hightower today.  Think their new XL is big enough so I don't need the XXL.  Also hoping I can fit a 72v battery in the triangle...if so a 50mph e-bike will be in my garage before next spring

Bronson was so perfect for me. I would have loved to try the hightower. 

New hightower in 2020.  Game changer compared to the previous.  Contemplating a nomad as well but just hoping the geo on the XL is enough for either as I don't want to have to order an XXL because that means new.  If the Kona process had a threaded bottom bracket it would be a no brainier choice for me but I refuse to own pressfit shit

Especially if it support 4000-5000w of e-power

9 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Currently have SPD-SL type pedals but plan to switch to 2 cleat. Trying to decide if I get basic ones or ones that can be more easily pedalled in regular shoes.

Ones that work in real shoes are frustrating with clips and vice versa.  Takes 30sec to change pedals.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ones that work in real shoes are frustrating with clips and vice versa.  Takes 30sec to change pedals.

So just roll with something like the 520s and don't look back?

Trying to decide if I want something more stylish comfortable to walk in or something like what you showed, road shoes with cleats

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

New hightower in 2020.  Game changer compared to the previous.  Contemplating a nomad as well but just hoping the geo on the XL is enough for either as I don't want to have to order an XXL because that means new.  If the Kona process had a threaded bottom bracket it would be a no brainier choice for me but I refuse to own pressfit shit

Didnt it just change for 2019?

I'm nearly certain they said it was coming out new last summer when I test rode all of them and found out I was a much bigger frame than we guessed. 

Maybe that was more years ago....

Lol

19 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The nomad was what they had in XL.

Maybe my memory is completely shit.

Been a rough year. 

I found a spot for building the oven.

Its bricked patio, so it might be smart to build up a foundation before loading it with mass.

I'm struggling to make a decision on what materials to use.  I'm really interested informing my own bricks/poring something.  I have no idea what materials would be best. 

Is there a refractory/firebrick recipe?  Am I stupid and it can only be done by a large manufacturer to make pre-builts for shipping?  Is it more expensive?

I know nothing about material science and its approach in this regard.  I've read a ton of DIY and how too articles and watched a lot of videos, I'm in over my head.  Its either mountain man logic with "whatever works", or it's a nerd who made it hard to understand.  I can read a white paper on bleeding edge medicine as long as I have Google around.  People in material science seem to have a way of explaining things that make it hard for me to put the information into something useful. 

If I'm lucky I could start work on the oven by the end of this week.

Help.

:D

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

I found a spot for building the oven.

Its bricked patio, so it might be smart to build up a foundation before loading it with mass.

I'm struggling to make a decision on what materials to use.  I'm really interested informing my own bricks/poring something.  I have no idea what materials would be best. 

Is there a refractory/firebrick recipe?  Am I stupid and it can only be done by a large manufacturer to make pre-builts for shipping?  Is it more expensive?

I know nothing about material science and its approach in this regard.  I've read a ton of DIY and how too articles and watched a lot of videos, I'm in over my head.  Its either mountain man logic with "whatever works", or it's a nerd who made it hard to understand.  I can read a white paper on bleeding edge medicine as long as I have Google around.  People in material science seem to have a way of explaining things that make it hard for me to put the information into something useful. 

If I'm lucky I could start work on the oven by the end of this week.

Help.

:D

Pizza oven?! 

I have a pile of materials and design going for mine at the moment. 

And fuck making brick. Especially if you’re talking about the fire brick. 

On 7/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, MKader17 said:

So just roll with something like the 520s and don't look back?

Trying to decide if I want something more stylish comfortable to walk in or something like what you showed, road shoes with cleats

I am not an SPD fan...but that is because I need some extra float on my knees.  If you don't they are fine.  It is what I have on my wives bike.

As long as the soles are stiff so you don't get hot spots I would absolutely buy something more comfortable.

On 7/21/2020 at 2:26 AM, dem beats said:

Didnt it just change for 2019?

I'm nearly certain they said it was coming out new last summer when I test rode all of them and found out I was a much bigger frame than we guessed. 

Maybe that was more years ago....

Lol

New last summer was 2020.  The 2021's are out and the 2020's on clearance

On 7/21/2020 at 2:27 AM, dem beats said:

The nomad was what they had in XL.

Maybe my memory is completely shit.

Been a rough year. 

You needed an XL?