Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 7/21/2020 at 8:50 AM, j-roadtatts said:

And fuck making brick. Especially if you’re talking about the fire brick. 

It is cheap.  Buy it.

I want plans/ideas from both of you!

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am not an SPD fan...but that is because I need some extra float on my knees.  If you don't they are fine.  It is what I have on my wives bike.

As long as the soles are stiff so you don't get hot spots I would absolutely buy something more comfortable.

I thought there was SPD and SPL-SL and the SL (or 3 cleat) was more restrictive.

Even the standard SPD's don't allow as much float.  I had osgood schlatters and my knees need love.  For normal people it is no problem.

3 hole stuff all sucks IMO

On 7/22/2020 at 9:55 AM, ///M5 said:

New last summer was 2020.  The 2021's are out and the 2020's on clearance

Penny pinching bastard.   It's one of your best qualities. 

Thank god you can buy everything first and tell me what not to do.  

I like this thing where I aggregate from chaos for a goal, you all figure out the best solution,  and I copy that years later when Iknow it's a time tested model. This forum has really been a great resource for every part of my life. I even prepped another chunk of wood for a subwoofer project from >10 years ago just the other day. 

This whole thing where I am investing labor and money is less ideal. 

On 7/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, ///M5 said:

You needed an XL?

Yeah bro. 

We went over this. Lol

Now we know why though. My spine is absurdly long for my legs and arms.

My silly genetics. 

Edited by dem beats

On 7/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, ///M5 said:

It is cheap.  Buy it.

I want plans/ideas from both of you!

I'm fine with buying bricks. What bricks, what mortar?

I wanted to be able to make a mold so I could have a more shallow arch than would normally be possible.  I can make a wooden frame and burn it out.  

Always looking for the easier/smarter way. It rarely exists. 

Lowest roof and widest hearth that will cause good convection is maybe the best way to say it.

I feel like the some created using a single radius is a heck of a lot of wasted space. 

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Yeah bro. 

We went over this. Lol

Now we know why though. My spine is absurdly long for my legs and arms.

My silly genetics. 

I remember.  You don't anymore btw.  New bikes are sized up on the top tubes.  SC run smallish though since they XXL, so you might on theirs.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Lowest roof and widest hearth that will cause good convection is maybe the best way to say it.

I feel like the some created using a single radius is a heck of a lot of wasted space. 

Can't wait to copy what you do. :)

As for mortar, no idea.  Firebricks they sell at Home Depot.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I remember.  You don't anymore btw.  New bikes are sized up on the top tubes.  SC run smallish though since they XXL, so you might on theirs.

That big of a change is crazy. If only things would stabilize.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Can't wait to copy what you do. :)

As for mortar, no idea.  Firebricks they sell at Home Depot.

Fair enough. Home depot is just down the street!

:D

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

That big of a change is crazy. If only things would stabilize.

Reaches on XL's are finally long enough for me.  Stacks (height) stayed the same pretty much though.  SC I still "should" have a XXL but think the reach on the XL will be enough.  Do note that what I say is not universal as some brands are more progressive than others.  

This is only part of what I have collected but it gives you an idea.  Note the long reaches and then you will see they are either XXL or XL mostly from 2020.  There are exceptions going back to 16 but they are not as common and most of those include uber short chainstays which I want, but can imagine most don't as they change the stability a ton.  I want a manualing machine.  If you aren't pulling a wheel off the ground or both I am not having as much fun!

CNYZRTG.png

The bold (and some others) have threaded bottom brackets.  I really want a threaded one, stupid pressfit shit is nonsense...in particular if I am going to through 72V at 60A through it with peaks significantly above that. :P

BMS peak at 80A for nearly 6000w :morepower1:

Problem is now I want to ride trails so I am contemplating ebiking my fatbike for a while and just riding what I buy.  Either way I'd like it to fit on both.  SUPER easy to fit something on my fatbike, lol.

Some of the XL's have nearly 4" more reach than my current bike.  I do need a long stem and a seat setback to fit on it though.  Would love to get rid of that and a stack of >650 means I don't need a riser stem and a reach of >500 removes the setback and 15-25mm off my stem.  Would be huge!

Of course if I get one of these I am going to have to buy a spot welder and make my own battery pack.  Pretty much will fill up that whole triangle.  Figure I'd have my wife make a custom bag to cover it so it looks like a frame bag that is conveniently the width of an 18650 battery.  I'd love to have a CAD of the frame though and no dealers in town to measure one out on.

p6pb18993827.jpg

Sweet looking bike.

Wifey turns 34 today.

Ebike for me too please. I want suspension for sure. Fattest tires possible so I could have bait if fun on packed snow/ice.

I would like the most downhill bike that can still pedal a bit.  The bronson was "smooth"  I think I said that before, when I was pedaling it felt great. 

Give me some juice on that frame. 

I am done with my 4" tires.  5.5's are great for winter but I want short chain stays and a reasonable reach and head tube angle.  The new progressive shit is killer on down hill but we don't have uber vertical stuff here so a cross between Enduro and XC is good for me

On 7/23/2020 at 8:33 PM, ///M5 said:

Of course if I get one of these I am going to have to buy a spot welder and make my own battery pack.  Pretty much will fill up that whole triangle.  Figure I'd have my wife make a custom bag to cover it so it looks like a frame bag that is conveniently the width of an 18650 battery.  I'd love to have a CAD of the frame though and no dealers in town to measure one out on.

p6pb18993827.jpg

I love filling triangle. 

Just bought one of these:

https://www.kampmate.com/products/woodflame-stove

To use a second burner while camping.  Going on a backwoods trip with the kids.  Figured for $24 they will have a blast collecting little sticks and shit.  I have a multi-fuel foldable stove already, but this while heavy ought to be a cool thing to go with it.

image.png