Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Ok, scratch that.  1.3lb for the stainless for $24, 7oz for titanium for $44.  I just spent another $20. Lol

On 7/23/2020 at 8:28 PM, ///M5 said:

Problem is now I want to ride trails so I am contemplating ebiking my fatbike for a while and just riding what I buy.  Either way I'd like it to fit on both.  SUPER easy to fit something on my fatbike, lol.

Really interested in your e-bike plan. Everything I've seen DIY is ghetto

On 7/23/2020 at 12:48 PM, ///M5 said:

3 hole stuff all sucks IMO

Even the standard SPD's don't allow as much float.  I had osgood schlatters and my knees need love.  For normal people it is no problem.

3 hole stuff all sucks IMO

I'm still wildly confused. As far as I know there is SPD and SPD-SL. SPD is the two cleat design and SPD-SL is the three cleat design. The patent for shimano's design ran out so there are other competitors now, but they are one of the two copycated. The SPD-SL has different cleats that allow for different levels of rotational movement. I am unfamiliar with SPD and the rotational movement they allow.

What confuses me is saying SPDs don't allow much float is saying that the two cleat design doesn't allow much float. Saying all the three whole stuff sucks is saying that SPD-SL sucks. That leaves no other options...

Are any of you guys up today on RVs? The wife and I rented one last weekend and really enjoyed it. I've been searching around for deals and my go-to is to look at gently used once but there doesn't seem to be much of a market or they aren't really discounted all that much. Wanted to see if any of you guys had some insight.

9 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I'm still wildly confused. As far as I know there is SPD and SPD-SL. SPD is the two cleat design and SPD-SL is the three cleat design. The patent for shimano's design ran out so there are other competitors now, but they are one of the two copycated. The SPD-SL has different cleats that allow for different levels of rotational movement. I am unfamiliar with SPD and the rotational movement they allow.

What confuses me is saying SPDs don't allow much float is saying that the two cleat design doesn't allow much float. Saying all the three whole stuff sucks is saying that SPD-SL sucks. That leaves no other options...

Tons of non APD two cleat options.  I don't run spd's...

9 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Are any of you guys up today on RVs? The wife and I rented one last weekend and really enjoyed it. I've been searching around for deals and my go-to is to look at gently used once but there doesn't seem to be much of a market or they aren't really discounted all that much. Wanted to see if any of you guys had some insight.

Worst year EVER to buy.  Other than that I know jack shit

I run time atac ones now.  Have run onza, sod, and egg beaters as well.  Like the atacs the best but 2 cleat spd pedals fit your needs most likely

The SL suck because of shoe choice.  

Bought a 5010 Santa Cruz.  Excited to pick it up tomorrow.

S+ build, but closeout.  Didn't want the + and would prefer better components.  Going to loot my fatbike stuff though as I will convert that to an ebike.  Will end up with a killer trail machine for MN and a fast as hell fat bike.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:21 PM, ///M5 said:

Just bought one of these:

https://www.kampmate.com/products/woodflame-stove

To use a second burner while camping.  Going on a backwoods trip with the kids.  Figured for $24 they will have a blast collecting little sticks and shit.  I have a multi-fuel foldable stove already, but this while heavy ought to be a cool thing to go with it.

image.png

I am shocked you didnt build one from square tube. 

I dont feel weight. You cannot feel it at all I bet. You have been in isolation too long and forgot what normal humans are. 

Lol.  We are carrying our stuff 6mi and paddling another 10.  No extras that aren't food!

On 7/28/2020 at 7:04 AM, ///M5 said:

I run time atac ones now.  Have run onza, sod, and egg beaters as well.  Like the atacs the best but 2 cleat spd pedals fit your needs most likely

A whole new world!

I am now shopping for skinny flats.  Want a pair for screwing around since I bought the ultimate screw around bike, lol.

I say fuck it, time to be a kid again

My docs messed with my meds and every morning feels like I took a .22 into the left inner hip. Takes 2-5 hours every damn morning until I can do a damn thing other than feel sorry for myself.

I gotta figure this out. Cutting into too much sleep to be ok. 

On 7/23/2020 at 9:33 PM, ///M5 said:

Of course if I get one of these I am going to have to buy a spot welder and make my own battery pack.  Pretty much will fill up that whole triangle.  Figure I'd have my wife make a custom bag to cover it so it looks like a frame bag that is conveniently the width of an 18650 battery.  I'd love to have a CAD of the frame though and no dealers in town to measure one out on.

p6pb18993827.jpg

Contact the manufacturer? They may be willing to provide the info for your modification.

J

On 7/27/2020 at 10:25 PM, MKader17 said:

How old are you looking?

Calling dealerships with a cash offer right now can help if you are able to. My Grandfather and his brothers all owned them, and I know a few people who have them down here. You can also look into a tour bus and retro-fit it if you wanted. Pricier but better long term use.

J

On 7/31/2020 at 5:01 PM, Godsmack said:

Contact the manufacturer? They may be willing to provide the info for your modification.

J

Lol.  That didn't go well.  Most said maybe or it wasn't meant to be an ebike so dont.

Bought a 5010 though.  Love it.

7wl5TrI.jpg

SO I tried out a Jensen HU because it was $400 cheaper than the Kenwood I wanted.    Well, it didn't work out too well.   It blew up Saturday and started smoking in my dash.  Luckily, Crutchfield is handling it all for me, so I can't complain about that, but DO NOT use Jensen products!

If you blew it up what happens when idiots buy them?

Hey, I didn't blow it up.  It was all of it's own accord.  It was problematic from day 1.  I only purchased it because it was cheap and had a 2 year warranty.  Didn't think I'd be returning it so soon though.    I'm not really sure I can bring myself to spend over $600 on a HU either.

I hate my HU as well.  Too much shit in my truck. Want to simplify and buy one with active shit built in...but also somewhat just want to sell my truck.

On 8/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, ///M5 said:

Lol.  That didn't go well.  Most said maybe or it wasn't meant to be an ebike so dont.

Wow....that's shittastic.

J