Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

So I've wanted a Scion xB since they first came out.  Found one in Envy Green for a decent price.  I have absolutely NO need for another vehicle, and would really like to get some work done on my T-bird, but I still have a desire for this thing.  Kinda torn here.

17 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Congrats on the baby girl.  How old?

Thanks....8 months now 

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

So I've wanted a Scion xB since they first came out.  Found one in Envy Green for a decent price.  I have absolutely NO need for another vehicle, and would really like to get some work done on my T-bird, but I still have a desire for this thing.  Kinda torn here.

Don't.  Will be bored of it day 2

3 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Don't.  Will be bored of it day 2

Why do you feel this way?

About the most awful car I've ever driven

I've driven several.  They're not exciting by an means, but very utilitarian and economical.  That's the entire point.  I would not call my experiences with them awful by any means.

On 8/22/2020 at 11:31 AM, MKader17 said:

Does anyone here roast coffee? Looking at getting a decent roaster and maybe an electric grinder finally.

Did some roasting with the popcorn setup but it never was amazing. Looks like a decent roaster could pay for itself in a year.

We have local roasters that will do it for you or let you do it. At least they used to. 

COVID millage may vary. 

Burr grinder.  Jolli is dope. 

On 8/22/2020 at 8:34 PM, mikel7829 said:

Hey guys!!

Welcome back stranger. 

In 15 years, my dad has worn out 3 roasters.  1 was shit to begin with.

I buy something like 80lbs of coffee a year and he also does.  My guess is 500lbs or so and the roaster is tired.  Last time I bought green coffee it was $6.30/lb.  Local roasted coffee is around $15-20.  Roaster is $450.  At a savings of $10/lb without counting electricty, time or effort it takes 45lbs to pay for itself.  To be conservative call it 90.

All that being said, do NOT do it for savings.  Time is money.  Instead do it for flavor.  And there you can win big time.  Even the local roasters can blow me.

Defacto standard here is Monkey Blend from Sweet Maria's.  I only drink espressed drinks, but that is partly because I only have an espresso machine.

*not including my camping percolator which I lived off this past week.

Anyone have a Purple Mattress?

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

I don't regularly sleep on one, but I've taken two women home who owned them. Comfortable for bedtime activities and a single night. Beyond that, no clue.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:04 PM, ///M5 said:

Not the audio I would choose, but works magically

Yes it does.

Ordered a nice Weatherby today.  Gonna try my hand at sporting clays.

49 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Link to the model?

I love me some gun pron.  After I get the AR-10 patched up I think I'm going to give in and get a .338 lapua flavored Savage.  I really wanted to build a .375 tac but I'm over it. The reloading would be a damn nightmare. 

I may have access to a nice dillon set up through the roomate. 

On 8/26/2020 at 10:52 PM, Tirefryr said:

It's a lot of fun, and if Gavin (I hope I'm remembering your son's name correctly) is mature enough for it, this is a great bonding activity.

J

Has anyone heard from our Transylvanian member recently?

26 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

It's a lot of fun, and if Gavin (I hope I'm remembering your son's name correctly) is mature enough for it, this is a great bonding activity.

J

Yup, it's Gavin.  He is on a skeet and trap club for the past two years.  That's how I got interested in the sporting clays.

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Has anyone heard from our Transylvanian member recently?

No.  Kept meaning to meet up with him.  Know he is busy working now.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:51 AM, ///M5 said:

In 15 years, my dad has worn out 3 roasters.  1 was shit to begin with.

I buy something like 80lbs of coffee a year and he also does.  My guess is 500lbs or so and the roaster is tired.  Last time I bought green coffee it was $6.30/lb.  Local roasted coffee is around $15-20.  Roaster is $450.  At a savings of $10/lb without counting electricty, time or effort it takes 45lbs to pay for itself.  To be conservative call it 90.

All that being said, do NOT do it for savings.  Time is money.  Instead do it for flavor.  And there you can win big time.  Even the local roasters can blow me.

Thanks for the info. I threw together a little spreadsheet a while back, but can't seem to find it. My break even, based on my consumption was about a year (not including my time). I have a small circle of friends that are coffee lovers, that I think would be interested in buying bags of coffee for a reasonable price.

Thanks J!  I can finally dial in the setup now.  I appreciate it brother!

On 8/25/2020 at 10:09 PM, Tirefryr said:

Meh.

The Ashley in a box are as good if not better for the same price 

On 8/28/2020 at 7:05 PM, Tirefryr said:

Yup, it's Gavin.  He is on a skeet and trap club for the past two years.  That's how I got interested in the sporting clays.

My step dad helps run the local school team's meets back home. Wish I had gotten into it when I was younger, and not many places to skeet shoot here.

J

Did I ever share this cover?  I love it.  I've been on a music kick. From barenaked ladies to Pantera so far. And some soul of course.