Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Check this out. . . .

20201003_163229.thumb.jpg.f2f56a164c572ee83ac2e7eadc3e7670.jpg

I miss mine.  2 door GT cars are by far the best dailies.  Loved my 8.

I wasn't even looking.  This one popped up and it's so clean it just hooked me.

Wish they would release a Mark 9 now.  S550 based with the Voodoo please.

Stretch it 6" for some more interior space, add nice guts and make it look like  a sportier continental.

Unfortunately, Lincoln is dead.

I don't know.  The new Aviator is gorgeous.  I want one.  Finally realized what people want.  Navigator is starting to show up around here as well.  Used to be all BMW and Land Rovers, now Aviator and XC90's are popping up.

Of course I don't want one at $80k.  When they are 2 years old and $35k I am wickedly interested.

Speaking of Ford.  How old of an S550 is ok.  I assume no 2015, but 16 on?

Any problems with the Roush Stage 3?  I assume they are pretty robust.  Seen a few for sale sub-30k. 

I like the design aspects, but when you jump from a Ford to a Lincoln, there's still too much Ford in the Lincoln.  Lincoln needs it's own identity, detail, and exclusivity.   It's just too much Ford.  Just an ultra expensive Ford.    Cadillac makes use of the GM platforms and parts bin while still retaining their own identity.  When you're in a Cadillac, it's not the same as being in a Chevy.  You can feel the Camaro in the Alpha platform cars in driving dynamics, but there is nothing else in that chassis, or design that feels the same between the two.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Of course I don't want one at $80k.  When they are 2 years old and $35k I am wickedly interested.

Speaking of Ford.  How old of an S550 is ok.  I assume no 2015, but 16 on?

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Any problems with the Roush Stage 3?  I assume they are pretty robust.  Seen a few for sale sub-30k. 

Personally, I would go for 16-17, or 19 up.  2018 was the exterior refresh and power upgrade, but the MT-82 had some serious issues in 18.  This is strictly GT of course.  IF going for the 350, take your pick of years.

The Roush cars are great too!  All years. They actually do a ton of (performance) engineering for Ford. 

21 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I like the design aspects, but when you jump from a Ford to a Lincoln, there's still too much Ford in the Lincoln.  Lincoln needs it's own identity, detail, and exclusivity.   It's just too much Ford.  Just an ultra expensive Ford.    Cadillac makes use of the GM platforms and parts bin while still retaining their own identity.  When you're in a Cadillac, it's not the same as being in a Chevy.  You can feel the Camaro in the Alpha platform cars in driving dynamics, but there is nothing else in that chassis, or design that feels the same between the two.

I don't want a Lincoln, I want a stretched Mustang with a nicer interior. ;)

The Roush cars are great too!  All years. They actually do a ton of (performance) engineering for Ford. 

I've been in their building a few times.  They have rented a bunch of gear from me.  I just haven't followed Mustangs or any fun cars for that matter as whenever I do I want to own one.

A stage 3 Roush is so much cheaper than a GT 350.  Makes it hard for me to rationalize the Voodoo.  Being that they are discontinuing everything with the Voodoo I am scared for the future of a 350 as well.  It probably means that it goes up a ton in value...unless I buy one and then it drops like a rock.  Seems to me a turbo'd Voodoo is a perfect transplant for a Pro Touring car, but that is a divergence from my current need which is something to put a smile on my face again as I run the boys around town.  A Mark 9 with more wheelbase would be better as there is no way anyone can sit behind me in the Stang.  3 seat car is better than 2 though as I have 2 boys.

Personally, I would go for 16-17, or 19 up.  2018 was the exterior refresh and power upgrade, but the MT-82 had some serious issues in 18.  This is strictly GT of course.  IF going for the 350, take your pick of years.

Thanks.  Of course mostyl the cheap ones are 15's.  Figured I shouldn't even think about it.  Good to know to avoid 18's.  I am sure I am too cheap for the 350...but we will see.  I have time.  I don't fit in the damn Vette.  The one I ordered for delivery this April is now next August.  I haven't cancelled it yet, but can anytime.  Prospecting may occur if they don't fuck it up.  Since I don't fit in that I need an alternative.  Would like something I don't mind driving year round and that seats the family.  Narrows it down to the Stang or a 911.  911's are spendy, Camaro's & Challengers have AWFUL interiors.  Can't think of what else works.

A highly modded SS Sedan could...but it isn't what I want.  I like the sleeper aspect

On 10/12/2020 at 9:47 PM, ///M5 said:

I don't know.  The new Aviator is gorgeous.  I want one.  Finally realized what people want.  Navigator is starting to show up around here as well.  Used to be all BMW and Land Rovers, now Aviator and XC90's are popping up.

Love the XC90 platform. Drives great and surprising acceleration for the size and engine.

J

I so badly want to sell my truck and buy a 4wd... I know I know, you guys were right.

I will never buy a 4wd truck. 

On 10/14/2020 at 8:48 PM, Tirefryr said:

I will never buy a 4wd truck. 

Why???

My buddy moved to MN and said that he hasn't found a 2wd truck in his search.

I don't go off-roading, so what would I need 4WD for?

19 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I don't go off-roading, so what would I need 4WD for?

You never know when you're going to slide off road and need it to help get out. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

J

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Towing a snowmobile trailer.

Definitely something I will never do.