Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

You never know when you're going to slide off road and need it to help get out. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

J

If I slide off the road it's because I'm being a dumb ass and I should be relegated to call for a tow for beings such a dumb ass.

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

Definitely something I will never do.

You ought of all people on here would love it the most I think.  The right gear is paramount, but the experience more exhilirating than it should be while still feeling marginally safe.  Other things at the same hairy edge don't have as much margin for error.  Not saying you should be the one towing, but riding would make you want to tow.  Lol

I've ridden before.  Hated it.  I'm not sure you understand just how much I despise cold weather.  It's been in the 50s and 60s here for a week and I'm miserable.

Cold is not something I've been on a machine without gear malfunction.  That was a learning experience.  Now I can ride in -30F and not get cold

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Move south.

I'll get right on that.

Gavin informed me he's ready to move to Hawaii!

On 10/16/2020 at 7:11 PM, Tirefryr said:

If I slide off the road it's because I'm being a dumb ass and I should be relegated to call for a tow for beings such a dumb ass.

I guess I blame it on growing up in WNY. Where it can go from a 3" estimate to 2' in a matter of 6 hours. With how remote my parents lived, if you had to go over the back hills or something, 4wd was a must have. Especially with how the roads would go from 'fine' to 'deep as fuck' in a matter of 100 yards. I've slid more than my fair share of vehicles off a road driving along at a reasonable and prudent speed simply just because the grade in the road or the treatments of the road shifted more than expected.

J

We get that stupid weather too, but it's all flat lands here, so the only real danger is ice.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:16 PM, Tirefryr said:

I got a $600 tip today too!  

Sweet.  Was she cute?

LOL!

I get tips all the time, but I always turn them down.  This build was such a pain in the ass, as was the customer, so when he came in to pick it up, he just threw some cash in my hand, and I just put it in my pocket.  After he left, I got it out to put in my wallet, and I about shit myself when I saw how much it was.  CRAZY!

Leave it to you to be Hot & Mighty!

That's just a fraction of what we do.   The big Rigmat machines are fucking insane!

Ha, at the drycleaners we used to put mats in a big washing machine.

56 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Ha, at the drycleaners we used to put mats in a big washing machine.

We had some 600lb. machines at Aramark we used for mats.  Ironically, the largest tumbler they make is a 450.  So we'd load 900-1200 (dry) in the washer then that would go into the 450 tumbler.  That thing would smoke the belts every other week.

On 10/28/2020 at 2:26 PM, Tirefryr said:

You can see some of the stuff I build here:

http://www.hotandmightydirect.com

I believe I've seen some of those here in FL. Those are really well built too!!!

J

Looks like it's finally time to replace the factory HU. After 9 years the screen is starting to malfunction, and the CD player quit working. REALLY trying to avoid going all out and doing amps and components and all the other jazz.......Sadly I know me and by June it will probable be fully decked out.

J

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I believe I've seen some of those here in FL. Those are really well built too!!!

J

We've built stuff all over the planet.  I have a build for Kuwait right now.  Built an awesome rig for a company in Ghana too.  They clean petrol storage tanks.  IT was a 100HP diesel running 24GPM at 4000PSI. I built a rig to hold thew guns on the back of a Ford Ranger for testing.  I fired the thing up, put the truck in neutral and it literally pushed the truck across the lot.  It's pretty wicked.

Looking for brakes for my F150. Anyone heard of power forge or have any other suggestions?

Power Stop all day!