Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

5 hours ago, nigel said:

Sean, surprised you went with a tiller rather than something with a console and controls.  Nice looking boat.  Should give lots of years of enjoyment.

If it were just me I might buy another wheel boat.  Until the kids were little I had this:

nRrMzOi.jpg

...in a single windshield.  I had a double windshield boat before it and hated the windshield.  When I bought the boat above I didn't know big tillers existed.  I regularly fished with 2 other guys, the consoles really screw up moving around the boat.  Now I have 2 boys, 9 and 11, and their friends.  Having 4 little ones on the boat I would go nuts with a console.  The other benefit of course is I get to sit at the back of the tiller and see all 4 in front of me at all times.  Even back trolling I can keep my eyes on them.  They also aren't as eager to cast meaning we will be doing some trolling for crappies, eyes, and that is so much easier in a tiller than in a wheel boat.  The tiller goes 50mph which is more than fast enough to get places.  QUicker than most walleye boats until you get into 300hp motors which add $20k to the price.  The boat I bought is super depreciated, it's an 06.  In 10 years I can sell it for what I paid for it, if not more.  Has 2018 electronics and trolling motors, a 2010 engine, so it is set for the long haul.  Knowing me I will flip it in a few years probably to get the 21' Warrior tiller, but will see how I like this one first.

Going near 80 on the water is fun.

As for controls, backtrolling electric on the bank, big motor trolls down to 2.3 in fwd, 1.7 in reverse, the front trolling motor has autopilot and will track, anchor, etc.  Ought to be able to put the kids on fish. :)

On 11/8/2020 at 12:57 PM, ///M5 said:

If it were just me I might buy another wheel boat.  Until the kids were little I had this:

nRrMzOi.jpg

...in a single windshield.  I had a double windshield boat before it and hated the windshield.  When I bought the boat above I didn't know big tillers existed.  I regularly fished with 2 other guys, the consoles really screw up moving around the boat.  Now I have 2 boys, 9 and 11, and their friends.  Having 4 little ones on the boat I would go nuts with a console.  The other benefit of course is I get to sit at the back of the tiller and see all 4 in front of me at all times.  Even back trolling I can keep my eyes on them.  They also aren't as eager to cast meaning we will be doing some trolling for crappies, eyes, and that is so much easier in a tiller than in a wheel boat.  The tiller goes 50mph which is more than fast enough to get places.  QUicker than most walleye boats until you get into 300hp motors which add $20k to the price.  The boat I bought is super depreciated, it's an 06.  In 10 years I can sell it for what I paid for it, if not more.  Has 2018 electronics and trolling motors, a 2010 engine, so it is set for the long haul.  Knowing me I will flip it in a few years probably to get the 21' Warrior tiller, but will see how I like this one first.

I read all that bushit getting ready to call you out until you said "ill flip it in a few years".

ROFL

On 11/8/2020 at 12:58 PM, ///M5 said:

Going near 80 on the water is fun.

My memory is getting foggy. I think on that river racing jet boat i did just over 100 and it was the most frightening speed I've ever felt. 

I did ~161 on the bike. I felt calm as can be. I was in control so that helps but that boat ride was so intense I cannot understand it. 

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

I read all that bushit getting ready to call you out until you said "ill flip it in a few years".

ROFL

Wasn't bullshit. :P 99% chance it gets replaced by another tiller boat.

Anyone have any experience with air rifles?  I have a feral cat problem in my yard.

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Anyone have any experience with air rifles?  I have a feral cat problem in my yard.

Old school Daisy pump rifle. Easy and quiet.

J

13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

We made the local news.  I had an awesome T-shirt on and they edited my parts out.  You get to see my back though.

https://abc57.com/news/made-in-michiana-grocery-cart-cleaning-system-that-keeps-you-safe

You the guy in the white shirt trying to look like he’s working hard? :D 

jelly my man. Would love to build mechanical shit all day. 

Installing a set of the silicone wiper blades this morning. Interested to see how the new technology proves itself. 

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Any recommendations on a floor jack?

I have a Pittsburgh brand one from Harbor freight. Only use a dozen times a year at best, so has done the job well at a good price point for my needs.

day.i'm at the beginning with the cream shirt, navy pants, and black hat.  They literally caught me in the middle of washing the trailer and just butted in.  They cut my interview and front shot of me because my T-shirt was nit PC.

5 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Any recommendations on a floor jack?

If you have a Harbor Freight near you and want steel, the Daytona jacks are realky nice.  I use them at work daily to lift loaded trailers, fork trucks, and skid steers.  If you're looking for aluminum, I reccommend the Arcan jacks at Northern Tool.  I purchased my first one 13 years ago and I now have 3 total.  Absolutely love them!  Just make sure you thoroughly grease the wheels before using them.  If not, thet'll quickly collect dirt and debris and make an awful noise.

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Installing a set of the silicone wiper blades this morning. Interested to see how the new technology proves itself. 

I've not had luck with the Rain-X branded ones.  Rural King has them for the same price as normal wipers though, so I just toss them at the end of winter.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:51 AM, ///M5 said:

On 11/10/2020 at 11:51 AM, ///M5 said:

The sentence before said that it was "set for the long haul", and contextually I thought you were explaining how this was satisfying you're needs for the long term. 

On 11/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, Tirefryr said:

We made the local news.  I had an awesome T-shirt on and they edited my parts out.  You get to see my back though.

https://abc57.com/news/made-in-michiana-grocery-cart-cleaning-system-that-keeps-you-safe

That is pretty awesome. I always love seeing the local news in person and real8how small of an operation it is.

I got robbed when I was on the news.  The gourgous young lady I worked with is 6 inches shorter so when choosing whom to crop out.... they didn't chose the fat guy for anything other than a lovely argyle backdrop. 

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

The sentence before said that it was "set for the long haul", and contextually I thought you were explaining how this was satisfying you're needs for the long term. 

I've had my other boat nearly 10 years now.  Too much work to flip shit sometimes...in particular when I can still sell it for more than I have into it :P

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

lovely argyle backdrop. 

Ha

Awesome.  I don't see why they wouldn't put that on, it is innocent and funny until you aren't innocent and then it is just funny.  Love it.

Any recommendations on trailer brake controllers? Was going to pick up the ford oem one, but its relatively unavailable and expensive.