Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

They let me deal with the teethy critters, but the others they all grab.  I am somewhat immune, but pre-kids used to spend 80+ days a year fishing.  

The space on your boat is exactly why I wanted a tiller.  Completely open so that even if both boys bring a friend I can breath. :P  

No matter the vessel though there is nothing better than rippin' some lips

Going to be a while.  First walk on hard water tonight...for the year at least.

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

They let me deal with the teethy critters, but the others they all grab.  I am somewhat immune, but pre-kids used to spend 80+ days a year fishing.  

The space on your boat is exactly why I wanted a tiller.  Completely open so that even if both boys bring a friend I can breath. :P  

I don't mind handling the fish.  And plenty of room on the boat for what I want and need.  I much prefer the steering wheel and controls over a tiller.  But that's personal preference.  I've had all 5 of us plus the father in law all out together fishing with no issues. 

But then before that we were using a 14 ft tinny that was narrow as hell.

Awesome.  I've always wanted a pink rod!

Pushed 295 on decline with no problem. Might try repping it next time if I'm cranky again lol

Must be nice!  My shoulder is so torn up I can barely get my coat on. 

20 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Awesome.  I've always wanted a pink rod!

That one’s as bad as a full grown woman. Wouldn’t go without proper attire. Had to have Minnie pole and hat. 

I feel you on the shoulder. I’ve been trying to rehabilitate mine for about a year now. 

14 hours ago, dem beats said:

Pushed 295 on decline with no problem. Might try repping it next time if I'm cranky again lol

I get in some evil workouts when I’m irritable or pissed off. :lol:

Fuxored up my low back yesterday working out.  Going to be a couple days off for me.

And I definitely feel the shoulder pain.  My left shoulder randomly decides to say fuck it on me and I go a couple weeks where I can't do anything heavy for bench or OHP.

Getting older sucks.  Injuries suck.  But gotta keep at the grind.

On 12/7/2020 at 6:28 PM, Tirefryr said:

Must be nice!  My shoulder is so torn up I can barely get my coat on. 

Thank you man. Its been hell trying to move again. My best set ever was 315 for 8. 

I've never even tried a pound over that. I just never cared about bench. 

I was repping ~700 for 6-8 on squats when I was 17-20.  I was proud of that. 

Now, I can lift ok, but thats because I'm close to a bathroom. When I walked down the street to vote I had to stop half a block to dry heave in the parking lot outside the voting place. 

I'm really glad I can do what I can do still. My lifting buddy had his shoulder rebuilt hard to work around. 

On 12/8/2020 at 8:47 AM, j-roadtatts said:

I feel you on the shoulder. I’ve been trying to rehabilitate mine for about a year now. 

Do you have access to a cable machine or even a pully you can hang some weight from?

On 12/8/2020 at 8:48 AM, j-roadtatts said:

I get in some evil workouts when I’m irritable or pissed off. :lol:

Sure did when you were here.  I'm glad you decided against the 225 on the bench though. Lol

I can rehab anyone. 

When the roomate came back from video game school he was in some rough shape. We put on stupid pounds of muscle and his body fat changed at least 10% if not more. 

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

Do you have access to a cable machine or even a pully you can hang some weight from?

I do not currently, I do everything with my own body weight or free weights. 

I know you don’t care for Chris Heria. But I’m following that guy until I can do free standing handstand push-ups. Haha

I could redneck engineer a pulley setup if I needed. Planned on possibly getting more equipment once the home gym room is finished... The one I keep sending you pictures of. Lol

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I know you don’t care for Chris Heria. But I’m following that guy until I can do free standing handstand push-ups. Haha

He needs to stay in his wheelhouse.  As a bar athlete doing his calisthenics, he's impressive.  

That said, I quite dislike him too. But that's my personal opinion, and in no way meant to influence anyone else.  As with any "fitness YouTuber/celebrity" you get good and bad.  Take the good from the ones you like, but leave the bad.  No one's perfect.

I personally like and follow Steve Shaw - Bend the Bar Man. But also realize, he's not for everyone. Do I agree with everything he preaches? No, but I take what I like and can use.

Edited by nigel

8 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I do not currently, I do everything with my own body weight or free weights. 

If he gets you to move, that's what matters. No injury then you're good.  I know you just think he is kinda hot.  :D

My whole life I've had to maximize every single vector of health just to maintain a stable body so I'm really critical of people who stray from the most effective rout and call it anything other than their preferred way of doing things. 

I'm a cripple. No time for fun. Just the fastest way to results. Lol

Lifting is the only reason I can move and still put food down. If I couldn't stimulate hormones via lifting I would be in serious trouble. 

Its just the safest and most efficient means to the end goal of a long functional life.  If I decide to pick up another goal like martial arts, running, biking, or anything else like walking without puking like now I keep the intensity of the lifting pegged most of the time. I will only modulate the total amount of work and/or time under tension. 

Thats the usual way  at least. 

Edited by dem beats

I take a little bit from all of them. Any that show good technique and how to work a complete area of the body.

I’ve been focused more on core strength and balance than muscle gain. Bulking and fat burning is easy with my body type. 

6 hours ago, dem beats said:

I know you just think he is kinda hot.  :D

You should know by now, I like my men like I like my women. A little on the chubby side. :lol:

And actually he comes off as kind of arrogant to me. But then again I probably come off that way to most people. :D

7 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I take a little bit from all of them. Any that show good technique and how to work a complete area of the body.

I’ve been focused more on core strength and balance than muscle gain. Bulking and fat burning is easy with my body type. 

Chris unfortunately hasn't come close to proper form or technique as far as I can tell. 

Gymnastics/martial arts/calisthenics/dance/pilates/yoga/tai chi.....  all the same. Do what works for your body.  Almost no difference in the net result for core. Intensity is the only thing that matters for your goals in the type of exercises you're doing. 20 min os skiing or snowboarding will do more for your core than 2 hours of Chris's workout. 

The misconceptions on how the body works is staggering but understandable. Lots of voodoo combining with really bad statistical "science".

I cannot stress this enough. Every single study that isn't a meta study is going to show that the bro science is wrong. It's like sports though.  Even if they are more injury prone and not as good at helping you be healthy or as good at making you look good naked sports and flashy movements feel good and help use achieve huge ego boosts. 

Feats of strength often result in so much mental health because we have so much self esteem baggage walking around as a normal living organism that the serotonin, dopamine, and perhaps esteem of people we care about that its worth any and all risk.