Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

17 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Happy Holidays!

Those too. 

I was just celebrating the birth of my flavor of sky daddy. 

Catholic is hard to erase.....  I need .y rosary for that joke now.....

:-/

Shit, once I became self-aware, the catholic shit went RIGHT out the window.

6 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Shit, once I became self-aware, the catholic shit went RIGHT out the window.

Sure. On the same coin every charity event I've been to they have been there in support even when they disagree.  

Things they are a changing. Christians that I know seem to be remembering when Jacob spent a night on a mountain and earned a broken hip and the name Israel "he who contends with God".  They seem to be the most accepting and willing to be flexible group i bump into.  They know its genocide in other countries to have a cross now and that really hit the US Catholics and Christians hard. 

Maybe its comeuppance but someone has to stop the cycle and that is their whole philosophy boiled down. 

To be fair, the Bible via catholicism(Rome not Eastern Orthodox), then the Torah and Koran, and before that the scrolls with the book of Epoch..... before that.... Norse Poetry and "Die with your eyes open".... the first stories we are pretty sure are still the same ala Bhagavad Gita.

Spoken word before that.

Edited by dem beats

Bible is made of a bunch of stories from a ton of different religions.  History is interesting.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Bible is made of a bunch of stories from a ton of different religions.  History is interesting.

Hell yeah. The only subjects I really really enjoy studying when I have time. 

Its the most beautiful and amazing part of humanity. 

I absolutely walked away from conventional religion for a hell of a long time too.  But it turns out its just plain interesting and beautiful. 

I've personally been so lucky to live almost all my childhood and young adulthood participating in other cultures families down to how the family unit lives with its dominant faith.  I got to have an Eastern European and Scandinavian look into Western Catholicism in my closest family.  Then it went directly into what is sometimes called Chinese folk religion,  and other South East Asian religions.   Finally followed by a tie between Southern Christian pacifism based practices and east African/Middle East Islam and "African Folk" religion.  I knew African folklore before I read Greek history in facts.  

I took for granted all of that thinking that something else was more interesting.  Humans integrate their behavior so deeply it becomes faith.  Not the other way around. Nothings cooler than the way it all blends into and from the same story. 

It makes sense. I was reading something recently about how the uncanny Valley is evolutionary...  thats really fucked up because it means we were able to see things that looked ALMOST exactly like us. We worked together and could tell homo sapien from not homl sapien really really well.   We are so socialized that in our eye, we have facial recognition physically connected earlier in our brain than the rest of vision. Some people who have a TBI have involuntary facial responses to human facial expressions even though they are completely blind.  Their brain gets a signal and causes facial responses so primaly that it not only happens without your control it happens when you have zero vision and you don't even know your face responds. I'll see if I can find that video but it's insane. 

We are all going to have the same beautiful base principles in our stories from any culture that lasts because it's the only possible outcome because it is our biggest play genetically and/or because of the holy spigot. 

Hell yeah. Its called blindsight. People with some brain injury but react to visual stimu. Wild stuff. Way more documentation that I guessed and I'm too tired to read it all.  It's pretty awesome just how social we are. 

I bet it sees snakes and heights first via that process as well.  :-D

Been stripping this turd all week.  Fuck Audi!

20201220_174520.thumb.jpg.26cff69cb06ea79265ba246c0268a234.jpg20201228_134539.thumb.jpg.3a09ecb7595357fe0c6949847de1b7cd.jpg20201230_170457.thumb.jpg.0bd789f4c4cec609eb90393c5e66a1f5.jpg20201230_170934.thumb.jpg.25600e9d02c2e4d5b00f97651cb063c6.jpg

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

My high school best friends wife teaches the history of the book .  https://religion.utk.edu/faculty/darby.php

Thats damn cool. 

I would be endlessly fascinated.  When I debate a lot of my friends we end up sending white papers back and forth and I piss them off because I don't have any student access so I won't let them use their paid library if it's not found in public posting. 

:-D

my best friends dad is a professor of theology and ethics at St. Paul's University.  All he does is study of religion.  It's amazing to sit down and chat with him, and hear his take on religions and religious viewpoints/teachings.

Absolutely wild the world of religion and religious study once you get into it.

On 12/30/2020 at 5:05 PM, Tirefryr said:

20201220_174520.thumb.jpg.26cff69cb06ea79265ba246c0268a234.jpg20201228_134539.thumb.jpg.3a09ecb7595357fe0c6949847de1b7cd.jpg20201230_170457.thumb.jpg.0bd789f4c4cec609eb90393c5e66a1f5.jpg20201230_170934.thumb.jpg.25600e9d02c2e4d5b00f97651cb063c6.jpg

How did it turn out??

On 12/30/2020 at 5:05 PM, Tirefryr said:

Looks like there is something wrong with your VAG.

OF course there's something wrong. . . .   It's a VAG.

Pretty sure my wives next car will be a vag.  Lol.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Pretty sure my wives next car will be a vag.  Lol.

I can crate this fucker up and ship it to you!

Ha, no contemplating a Toureg.  They have ZERO resale since they were discontinued and are functionally an Audi Q7/Q5/Cayenne with a different VAG motor.  $20k for a 3-4 year old rig with less than 50k and a couple years of warranty sounds good to me....plus it can tow our boat so I can get rid of the big ugly finally.

She wants the smallest thing she can get and I want her to have the family truck.  Doesn't make the list easy to pick.  Q5 only tows 4400lbs so our 6200lb boat won't work behind it and the Q7 is too big.  Cayenne I don't want to pay to repair anymore.  Over that shit.  Explorer is way too big which leaves the Toureg or Grand CHerokee.  I can't not at least buy an SRT if it is a fucking Jeep which defeats the purpose as she wants a car that I do NOT want to drive so she can have it how she wants.  The dumb VW does that.

I can't even sit in the Fpace :(  Only 5300lb towing as well.  That and even behind my wife, my 11 year old is too tall for the back seat.  I love the idea...tried, but no cigar.

Plus, not sure you can get enough warranty to really drive one :L

Must be a 2 row machine.  All 3 row vehicles FUCK the 2nd row for the 3rd.  Must tow 6500lbs.  Must be small.  So far that leaves, Jeep, Porsche, VW.

I don't have to like it.  I will NEVER drive it other than to tow and that isn't a "fun" drive than anyways.  This will free me up to buy a car or whatever the fuck I want.

What about Toyota Sequoia, Land Cruiser, or Lexus GX or LX?

Those are all huge.  Full size pickup width, terrible turning radius and drive like a truck.  Lexus without Android Auto is a no go as well.  Add to that, find a nice low mileage one for $20k.  I am cheap remember.

If my tone sounds argumentatitve, it isn't meant to.  Believe me I would love a different option.  I have zero faith in Jeep.  I've been in the Chrysler engineering building far too many times solving their problems for that.  The VW has ZERO emotion.  It is a fucking boring ass car....but it isn't for me and free's me up to buy a car instead of a truck.

The worst part of all this is that the CTS-V's were $45k used a year ago and now $65k for the same car.  Shooting myself in the foot BIG TIME on not getting one earlier.  No way I will spend $65k