Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Used prices are stupid right now!

Although I hate FCA, my friend has a track hawk. That super charger makes up for a lot of flaws.

My sister has one as well.  Fun shit.  My wife would hate it though....but mostly becauuse I would want to drive it.

SO buy two.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:21 AM, ///M5 said:

Ha, no contemplating a Toureg.  They have ZERO resale since they were discontinued and are functionally an Audi Q7/Q5/Cayenne with a different VAG motor.  $20k for a 3-4 year old rig with less than 50k and a couple years of warranty sounds good to me....plus it can tow our boat so I can get rid of the big ugly finally.

Sherp N or nothing. 

Im sold on it. 

Is it wrong to apply for a job that you are interested in but there's no way you would take it (Location)?

Seems like I should be stretching that muscle even if I'm not particularly looking.

I would purely for negotiation purposes and networking.  You never know too.  You may end up moving given the proper offer.

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Is it wrong to apply for a job that you are interested in but there's no way you would take it (Location)?

Seems like I should be stretching that muscle even if I'm not particularly looking.

I am contemplating hiring someone who is nowhere near the location they need to be.  Covid changed a bunch of shit.

Exactly how I like my errand commute

Love the blower, hate the Coyote snarl.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, ///M5 said:

Those are all huge.  Full size pickup width, terrible turning radius and drive like a truck.  Lexus without Android Auto is a no go as well.  Add to that, find a nice low mileage one for $20k.  I am cheap remember.

If my tone sounds argumentatitve, it isn't meant to.  Believe me I would love a different option.  I have zero faith in Jeep.  I've been in the Chrysler engineering building far too many times solving their problems for that.  The VW has ZERO emotion.  It is a fucking boring ass car....but it isn't for me and free's me up to buy a car instead of a truck.

The worst part of all this is that the CTS-V's were $45k used a year ago and now $65k for the same car.  Shooting myself in the foot BIG TIME on not getting one earlier.  No way I will spend $65k

4 Runner? Built off the Tacoma frame, and handles a lot less like a truck.

J

4-Runner and Tacoma won't tow shit, and get the same if not worse mileage than the full size, so pointless.

23 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Its amazing what can happen durring a conversation. 

My wife got her management job after a trial interior a different position. That one got filled and she ended up making $10k more than she expected.  Networking is everything.  Assume there is $20K wiggle room, minimum, or a company who falls in love with you to make it worth your time.

I almost peed my pants. Perfect timing for me when I got this gem. 

I didn't know politicians knew it but apparently they talk about it. Roflmao

On 1/9/2021 at 1:12 PM, Tirefryr said:

4-Runner and Tacoma won't tow shit, and get the same if not worse mileage than the full size, so pointless.

Correct. I tow nothing with my runners and fuel economy is not a selling point. I think the only reason people are buying so many is they are like a lego and build so neat vehicles.

On that subject with all the groups and forums I belong to that pertain to 4runners, it seems to me that all the wrong people are buying them. A vehicle that is lost in time usually does not make a good fit for people who really want all the new features that other vehicles come with.

All worthless information, but I have not posted in a bit.

I am not sure what is going on, but we have been running every production line making as much as we can. Not sure if sales are through the roof or we are stocking up for the apocalypse.

On 1/9/2021 at 12:12 PM, Tirefryr said:

Mileage isn't that big of a concern, but both of those drive like pickups and are a no go.  

She wants a car that sits like a sport ute and I want it to tow so I can get an actual car. :P

7 hours ago, nem said:

Correct. I tow nothing with my runners and fuel economy is not a selling point. I think the only reason people are buying so many is they are like a lego and build so neat vehicles.

On that subject with all the groups and forums I belong to that pertain to 4runners, it seems to me that all the wrong people are buying them. A vehicle that is lost in time usually does not make a good fit for people who really want all the new features that other vehicles come with.

All worthless information, but I have not posted in a bit.

People are stupid and can't appreciate it for what it is.  I am actually dumbfounded how well they DO sell given the "needs" of most buyers nowadays.  Then again, maybe the right people ARE buying them. 

Fuck, I need a car that can go about 200mi/yr at this point.  Crazy.

On 1/8/2021 at 6:15 PM, ///M5 said:

Exactly how I like my errand commute

This is amazing. 

Somehow I miss everyone's posts until days later.  Lullaby music for bedtime. 

On 1/12/2021 at 1:35 AM, ///M5 said:

Fuck, I need a car that can go about 200mi/yr at this point.  Crazy.

This year we drove less than ever. Wife's econobox needs some body work to pass inspection and with the pregnancy + pandemic combo I won't even bother with it until spring. Maybe even summer :lol: 

On 1/11/2021 at 5:32 PM, nem said:

Do you have it on the fuel line?