Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

9 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Do you have it on the fuel line?

Only if people show up asking questions.

It's Neal's fault to be honest. Scary phalic-like devices...

11 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

It's Neal's fault to be honest. Scary phalic-like devices...

:biggun:

11 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

How to get in trouble:

Following an off-road route downloaded from the internet, the whole day was a leisurely drive on dirt roads and ended up with a 4-foot deep ravine. I spent almost an hour trying to get out of that.

SS4ilvz.jpg 

Big steel bumper and noting can stop you! At least that is what they say in those FB groups.

Maybe, but lockers and a winch sure help more than the steel bumper. Lockers were already installed when I took that photo, the winch was installed only a couple of weeks ago. 

I still switch to the original bumper, put on the lip, street tires and drive around with 28-31MPG on the highway. 

I have a nice off road vehicle that saw a dirt road last year.

Don't like to get it dirty so it is more of a garage queen, plus my 2 year old grandson tells people it is his runner.

I hate getting it dirty and even more scratching it but it sure is a lot of fun getting away from everyone and exploring the mountains. 

Curious on some opinions.

With the cost of crossover components and the time it takes to build properly, is buying a mini dsp more effective use of time/money?

That depends.

....I own 4 of them.

5 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Curious on some opinions.

With the cost of crossover components and the time it takes to build properly, is buying a mini dsp more effective use of time/money?

If I felt the DSP did not color the setup, or if I had so much overhead I can overcome the deficit I think I would rather use a DSP even if it cost quite a bit more. 

Being able to tune on the fly is amazing. Maybe less as time goes on and the auto systems get better and better it won't matter. But after I get things to flat, I spend dozens of hours nudging things anyway. 

5 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

That depends.

....I own 4 of them.

Lawd!  What are they used for?

Two in my car, 2 in my boat and one for playing around

....and yes, that is 5...Doh!

I also know myself.  Will almost never take enough time to build a passive and if I do it will be a compromise.  The miniDSP is a great tool to play with before designing that compromise as building one that matches what I like works.  I also have plenty of extra amplifier channels so a passive may never be built.

Somewhat torn on what to do in my backyard.  Landscaping it and when I do I will install a stereo.  Actually thinking of just distributing it L/R/L/R/L/R/L/R/L/R/L/R/L/R/L/R/L/R across the yard with lots of channels instead of building anything really worthwhile.  It won't be a listening space, but the distance will make output tough without pissing off neighbors.  Perhaps have it switchable so I can have a stereo setup for me and then mood music when it isn't only me.

That would then definitely be actie

The architect has the final draft for the inside house plan (minus a pillar moved in the garage). 

Does this circle in orange seem like a good spot for 2 18's in IB? It's the pantry wall. The wife definitely agrees with 2 18's in IB, when I bought my amp for the single xxx 18 she said to chose so that I can upgrade when we build the house :D 

6nHrkFL.jpg

TV is in green and the fireplace is circled in red, I may be able to integrated a single sealed 18 there...

The obvious answer is to do a ported setup and make your sub/box selection based on the fireplace chimney as the port.

I sold my 02 Silverado to my previous neighbor friend about 2 years ago. He called me the other day and said that something let loose in the rear end and blew it up. He isn't going to get it fixed, but he's going to make damn sure he gets all the audio equipment out for his next truck.

Same front stage as Sean had in his Silverado (can't remeber what it was exactly, some sort of Seas Peerless combo), a 12" ICON, Sundown 100.4 and a Sundown 1000W D Class.

I miss that setup... Was hoping he'd sell it to me for cheap! lol

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

The obvious answer is to do a ported setup and make your sub/box selection based on the fireplace chimney as the port.

2 xxx 18's ported with 1500w each should do some damage. Heck, even 2 in IB should do damage :)

IB in the attic with a manifold.

There won't be an attic. Only one more floor with a low ceiling following the roof line. 

Anyone have use for a Smith and Larson Woofer Tester 2?  This thing is WAY too sophisticated for my simple ass.