Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 2/5/2021 at 2:05 PM, Adrian_D said:

2 xxx 18's ported with 1500w each should do some damage. Heck, even 2 in IB should do damage :)

Jelly. 

I've got the 2 big HT subs and an fiQ that have never seen power. 

The boxes for the HT subs have at least had one other panel added since you were here last. Lol

Q6 cubic feet slowly shaving off bits lmao

Shocked to see I haven't missed much.

As for me; covering more fighting these days, and still plugging away at work. House shopping, and debating on a smaller SUV (Volvo XC60 size) for longer road trips. The Tundra sucks for long drives as the seats just aren't that comfortable. It's paid off, and I get a pretty damn nice discount on service (apt won't allow work in the parking lot) by owning it and being a member of a FB group. Considering this year may require more long distance trips than years past....it just makes sense to have a second car.

Now to find it, and get lower auto insurance.

J

Should add up the insurance and depreciation cost of having both vehicles and then see what it pays for in a single.  I've been down that road and unless you drive wicked miles per year it never pans out.  When I was driving 70k+ per year it did.  Once I stopped I quickly realized 2 cars was just an expense.

I have expense after expense after expense after expense after expense.

9 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I have expense after expense after expense after expense after expense.

The money has to flow :| 

On 2/13/2021 at 11:36 PM, ///M5 said:

Should add up the insurance and depreciation cost of having both vehicles and then see what it pays for in a single.  I've been down that road and unless you drive wicked miles per year it never pans out.  When I was driving 70k+ per year it did.  Once I stopped I quickly realized 2 cars was just an expense.

I had a cheap Saturn that I got in college when gas spiked to $4.00 gal and I was driving 60+ each way to work. Insurance was negligible, but it wasn't super nice car by any means.

Big difference between that and a newer XC60

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Marine-Receiver-Speaker-Kit/dp/B003GSLDUO/ref=sr_1_15_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=pyle+hydra&qid=1613406960&sr=8-15-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMDAxRFpEUUE5QTlDJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDYxNjg3MUNDNEZCQVQ0QzE5VCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTUyNDUzVVVaN0UxSDRQQU5UJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Lol.  I "need" a stereo for my fishing boat.  Doesn't need to have big sound, must be bluetooth and I'd prefer not a head unit.  That gets terrible reliability reviews, I am sure the speakers are shit and expect the "amplifier" to basically be a repackaged headunit amp...but that is probably ok.  I would surely spend more and would prefer better speakers but small and efficient is great.  Any thoughts?

The above is sold as an amp only for $39 so I could easily grab some IA's from here and would probably lean that way but these will be subjected to rain.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Big difference between that and a newer XC60

Dude, I can find those all day for $2K.  I would never buy an older Volvo for daily though.

Lol. I assumed much newer.  $2k for a Volvo is a shitshow in waiting

On 2/14/2021 at 12:36 AM, ///M5 said:

Good points. The reliability of the Tundra, it being paid off, and the variety of use makes keeping it attractive. The seats after an hour, and mediocre interior make it kind of a dud at this point. I have more and more 2+ hour events coming up, and the girl and I am discussing more road trips for this summer.

Currently I average about 12-30k a year depending on the concert/event schedule. I just want something for the longer trips that is more comfortable, a touch better on gas, and easier to maneuver in the tight spots I end up with at many events.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:03 PM, ///M5 said:

Lol. I assumed much newer.  $2k for a Volvo is a shitshow in waiting

2017 with 38,967 miles was the XC60 in question. It's gone now, so meh.

J

2023 Mazda 6 rumored to come with a longitudinal straight 6 and a RWD platform.  Make a wagon and Speed version and I am interested!

We won't get that in the states.

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

2023 Mazda 6 rumored to come with a longitudinal straight 6 and a RWD platform.  Make a wagon and Speed version and I am interested!

I'd take a Wagon even without the Mazdaspeed version.

2019 headlight tech FTW! 

m5uEDsj.png

I swapped LED units from 2019-2020 Toyotas, driving at night is amazing now. 

THat is a HUGE difference!

High-beam is absurd: 

UTuc9MB.jpg

And the cut-off is legal :D

c44sIYg.jpg

On 2/21/2021 at 8:43 AM, Adrian_D said:

2019 headlight tech FTW! 

m5uEDsj.png

I swapped LED units from 2019-2020 Toyotas, driving at night is amazing now. 

They did the 4runner in 21 with led lights. Waiting on people to swap them out so I can pick up a set to try.

On 2/21/2021 at 8:34 AM, Adrian_D said:

Did a bit of work on the garage layout to make sure all the stuff fits and I can ask the architect for spots for the lift and the work ditch. 

M5VGQmm.png

That stove looking thing should be the drill press :lol:

A lift is a must. 

1 hour ago, nem said:

A lift is a must. 

Scissor lift under the Jeep, that's the big square hole in the floor. Ceiling height is only 106 inches but it should be fine to work under the car once it's on a lift. 

3 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Scissor lift under the Jeep, that's the big square hole in the floor. Ceiling height is only 106 inches but it should be fine to work under the car once it's on a lift. 

I have one of these on the way.

https://store.asedeals.com/workhorse-portable-car-lift-mr6k-38/

Almost identical to what I want: 

https://gebotools.ro/elevator-auto-profil-talie-joasa-tip-foarfeca-3000kg-400v.html

I need once recessed in the floor. A normal 2-post lift would've been nice, to get the wife's car in the garage, under the Miata. But it takes up too much space. We already had to increase the bedrooms a bit and move some technical spaces to the first floor because the garage is big (23ft wide, 19.6ft deep). 

6 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Always awesome to see your ingenuity.

More like ridiculous ideas and too much work. The whole retrofit took 2 weeks.

H9r1JZ7.jpg