Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 3/9/2021 at 9:52 PM, topgun said:

Pick issues means no keys so an electronic unit.  Got reinforcement plates on the jamb/hinges/locks?  If not, Armor Concepts makes a decent kit.  Unless you've really pissed someone off, don't think they're drilling a front door lock, more kick the door in or break a window around back.  

I've got electronic locks, but they're a key backup, don't trust them without one.  

Very interesting. 

Your insight is always some of the most valuable and helpful information, especially in this realm. Thanks!

Thinking I should just get the implant and let myself in everywhere. 

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Borrow an attack dog.

Indeed.

Dobermans named Heckler unt Kotch preferred. 

Mentally I'm doing so much better. 

Not exactly healthier,  but my brain keeps increasing in capability.  Highly distracted with biological needs, but clear. 

11 hours ago, dem beats said:

Do you folks have rye white borscht for Easter?

I'm thinking maybe our people drank and wrestled bear together many generations back from how you describe food. 

We don't use borscht at all here in the Transylvania (north-west of the country) but they use it in other of the country parts in soups. 

There's a possibility our ancestors met at some point though some polish food struck close to home :D

22 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

We don't use borscht at all here in the Transylvania (north-west of the country) but they use it in other of the country parts in soups. 

There's a possibility our ancestors met at some point though some polish food struck close to home :D

No fermented rye broth for Easter?

I made paprikosh today and was thinking about your chicken recipe when I was pouring in the cream. 

:-D

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

No fermented rye broth for Easter?

I made paprikosh today and was thinking about your chicken recipe when I was pouring in the cream

Nope, nothing fermented for Easter :(

I think I'll ask my mother in law for some paprikosh next and I need to find an excuse to fire up the cauldron for a goulash :D

The NB2 is off for painting the rear quarter and the front bumper, just in time, as more and more people are posting ads they are looking for an NB2 :D

And the wife's econobox is getting close to completion. This is what I faced after cutting the outer sill: 

JfDYt3b.jpg

54 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

That looks UNFUN

Extremely...

Good thing I made a sheet metal brake when fixing the Miata.

I had to fabricate and replace: sill corner, small section of the floor, inner braces and inner sill and by hand they would've ended up looking like shit. 

tJiSjVR.jpg

XhsRAJv.jpg

uk1EVxp.jpg

i8HjF8d.jpg

Excellent activities to pair with the sleeping schedule of a newborn :D

I did the same to a 59 VW bug 25 years ago.  Man did that take time.

Always cheaper and easier to get one without the rot. 

I really need to reset my password here so I can log on from a device that isn't barely hanging on.

Jesus... don't listen to that one with headphones.  Real sick sense of humor....

When he is showing off horns its BRUTAL.

Edited by dem beats

15 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Always cheaper and easier to get one without the rot. 

When I bought it everything looked excellent, no sign of any damage to the sill. Very low miles too. 2 years later ,the hack-job started to bubble up, the idiots who did it, did not coat the inside of the new metal with anything. 

On 3/15/2021 at 4:03 PM, dem beats said:

Yes to everything you said. 

The ex knows how to bump cheep locks. Has the snap tool too and can use it. Her brother could pick an abloy if he knew there was a tool and had time so I'm not trying to out think or stop anyone.

I agree about everything you said and counter with the fact that I desire a better lock because I want to control the point of entry to something louder and more conspicuous than the woman who used to live here approaching the door and it looking like she used a key.  Until everything I have is scanned and backed up I make sure someone is always home. 

Its about controlling access points and how frustrating and hopefully loud I make it  

Silly I know, but I'm first principals and very very sick. Or else I would move.

The police directly told me that even if I had video of her doing some baaaaaaaad shit it probably wouldn't help them do anything that would help me.  I'm not afraid of violence, but I wouldn't put it past her trying to sneak in to break a computer or even just damage property. 

My garage door keeps opening up..... it is what it is. 

She is in a bad place.  

That's a shitty situation to be in man.  Sorry that someone is that hellbent on wrecking your life.  Hopefully you can find a solution.  And reinforce all of your entry points.  

I definitely agree with the concept of, make it too noisy and obvious to be worth trying.  This is what stops them most of the time.

If they think it's too likely they'll be caught they move on.  Although it sounds like in your situation it's very directed and not random.

Have you looked at bowley locks?

https://www.bowleylockcompany.com/store/p11/Bowley_Lock_Grade_3.html

These are designed to prevent bumping/picking/raking.

Edited by nigel

On 3/15/2021 at 4:03 PM, dem beats said:

Yes to everything you said. 

The ex knows how to bump cheep locks. Has the snap tool too and can use it. Her brother could pick an abloy if he knew there was a tool and had time so I'm not trying to out think or stop anyone.

I agree about everything you said and counter with the fact that I desire a better lock because I want to control the point of entry to something louder and more conspicuous than the woman who used to live here approaching the door and it looking like she used a key.  Until everything I have is scanned and backed up I make sure someone is always home. 

Its about controlling access points and how frustrating and hopefully loud I make it  

Silly I know, but I'm first principals and very very sick. Or else I would move.

The police directly told me that even if I had video of her doing some baaaaaaaad shit it probably wouldn't help them do anything that would help me.  I'm not afraid of violence, but I wouldn't put it past her trying to sneak in to break a computer or even just damage property. 

My garage door keeps opening up..... it is what it is. 

She is in a bad place.  

That's a fucking rough one man. Normally I would advocate for things to make any other entry point painful as hell; but here prevention is the key solution. Got any out of work buddies with more time than cash that you trust? Pay em a bit of cash to be there at times. Might make a nice deterrent.

J

On a totally unrelated topic, I've been applying for better positions within the major organization. Not just here in FL, but places like MT, ND, SD, MN, WY, ID, and CO too. I don't know why, but lately the random solitude has been calling out to me more and more. I think I need a vacation.

J

WTF????

I pulled all the amps, miniDSP, subs etc out of Big Ugly.  I did NOT touch the ignition or constant power lijnes.  Stereo shut off before with the key.  Now it stays on.  ???

Obviously I get to pull the head unit again, but seriously.  ROFL?

It fits....with less than 1.5" to spare

CrCF5L1.jpg

That's NOT what she said.