Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

It fits....with less than 1.5" to spare

CrCF5L1.jpg

You need a bigger garage. 

3 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Why you not back in???

Lol, because there is less than 2" of clearance on both sides.  I have an ATV winch mounted on the back wall of the garage to pull it in.  Once the next stall is finished I will back it in, but then I have 4' more space and a 2' wider door.

8 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

You need a bigger garage. 

You can see the light peaking in from teh other side of the boat.  New floor for an added stall is already poured and connected.

On 3/21/2021 at 8:56 PM, ///M5 said:

WTF????

I pulled all the amps, miniDSP, subs etc out of Big Ugly.  I did NOT touch the ignition or constant power lijnes.  Stereo shut off before with the key.  Now it stays on.  ???

Fixed itself by just a disconnect and reconnect of the battery.

Any speaker grills with tweeter mounts?   Or coaxials with real crossovers?  Boat needs a stereo.  I can't find shit

23 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Any speaker grills with tweeter mounts?   Or coaxials with real crossovers?  Boat needs a stereo.  I can't find shit

Aura used to make some.  Good luck finding them though.    If you can wait a couple weeks, my 3D printer should be in.

20 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Lol, because there is less than 2" of clearance on both sides.  I have an ATV winch mounted on the back wall of the garage to pull it in.  Once the next stall is finished I will back it in, but then I have 4' more space and a 2' wider door.

Ahh, winch is pretty cool. I imagined someone pushing that boat/trail in and thought that would have to be a huge PIA.

Still makes me wonder why not pull it in backwards. Seems like it would be a pain to spin around.

Because my garage isn't big enough and to pull it in backwards I would have to move a couple workbenches and other shit that is on the other side of the boat.  New stall is slated to be complete erected in April so the number of in and outs won't be many.

9 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Aura used to make some.  Good luck finding them though.    If you can wait a couple weeks, my 3D printer should be in.

Hurry I am not in so much.  Just trying to decide what to do.  The boat doesn't need a system, but it needs tunes for sure

I could really use some pew pew therapy right now.  I can't even hold my damn arm up though, let alone some steel and polymer.

On 3/24/2021 at 11:25 AM, Tirefryr said:

I could really use some pew pew therapy right now.  I can't even hold my damn arm up though, let alone some steel and polymer.

Bench rest and just pull the trigger. Instant release.

Shipping delays and cost increases on us have been bonkers.

33 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Shipping delays and cost increases on us have been bonkers.

It's killing us too.  I can't even get simple O-rings as there is a rubber/EPDM/Nitrile/Butyl shortage.

On 3/24/2021 at 8:58 AM, ///M5 said:

Hurry I am not in so much.  Just trying to decide what to do.  The boat doesn't need a system, but it needs tunes for sure

I just got tracking info.  It'll be here Saturday!  Can't wait to get started on some stuff!

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I just got tracking info.  It'll be here Saturday!  Can't wait to get started on some stuff!

What did you get?  Got one at home and one at work.  

12 minutes ago, topgun said:

What did you get?  Got one at home and one at work.  

Creality CR-10 V3 with auto bed leveler.

2 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Exciting!!  Love new toy time.

Speaking of new toys. I'm taking on a new form of transportation and I'm stoked.

I'm jumping into the developing world of electric unicycles. A couple of my friends have them and use them like crazy. Huge learning curve but after you get it, as my friend puts it, anything you can do standing up, you can do on your ewheel.

Riding it feels like you are in the future. Pretty cool technology too. Essentially, the gyroscope senses wheel when you move front and back and the motor powers up to catch you.

My particular model is capable of 30 mph and 60 mi range. Some models can go 45 mph!?!?

Screenshot_20210326-065434.png

Also, my friend sent me his old Iphone x and after being an Apple hater for so long, I'm kind of torn.

FaceID is really convenient (when not wearing a mask). The video experience is reaaaaaally good (to the point that if you had any intention of publishing your videos I wouldn't even consider Android). The flow in and out of apps is much smoother. The voice recognition of Siri is superior despite the fact that Google has been learning my voice for years. Additionally, the length of time Siri will listen helps me get my thoughts to text without worrying about it stopping. Screen rotation is so smooth. On Android is seems to rotate begrudgingly. Lastly, any app that I use on Android is available on the iphone (though at times is slightly inferior and less integrated). By having an iphone you can have access to both worlds.

The cons? The interface hasn't changed much since my iPad2 in 2012. The notification system is lacking immensely (it's the backbone of android and the after thought of iOS). Apple Maps is insufficient and Google Maps is neutered. The widgets are lame and the ability to layout your home screen isn't good. Everything in iOS feels "small" as in they don't seem to utilize space well to make it easy to navigate. My wife's Pixel 4a has a smaller screen but the screen feels bigger.

Overall, I'm walking away impressed and could see why people like iphone. I also have realized that most iOS users do not utilize their phones at all. I think that they are stuck on Android of the past and think it's "janky". I think most iOS users would be perfectly satisfied with a Pixel 4a at half the price of the cheapest iphone.

/Vamp

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

I think most iOS users would be perfectly satisfied with a Pixel 4a at half the price of the cheapest iphone.

It would just need to be called iPixel and they'd love it.

Curious what about the video you like better.  I find the Pixel does everything I need for video....but haven't tried other options.

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Creality CR-10 V3 with auto bed leveler.

Big fella.  I've got a modded ender 5 plus here at work and a Prusa mk3s at home.  The probe does make the first layer offset easier for sure.  

40 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

It would just need to be called iPixel and they'd love it.

I've lost my patients with every member of my family, (read wife's family + Arthur as that is the family I have left) pressuring me to go Apple.  Funny, because it's my efforts on SSA that pays for the cell phones in my house.....

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Curious what about the video you like better.  I find the Pixel does everything I need for video....but haven't tried other options.

Video seems better quality to me. Also, I was able to take a video, crop the frame, do some light adjustment, adjust the beginning in end in a flash. With Android I can only crop the beginning and end and the time to save the new video takes a long time.

I'll also throw in that sharing videos amongst other iPhone users is simple and great quality. I still haven't found a good way to send a video on android that isn't uploading it and sending a link