Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 6/3/2021 at 9:20 PM, ///M5 said:

Every damn BMW looks like every other BMW now.  Who wants an M5 that looks like a 318

Every F150 looks like every other F150 as well but that doesn't stop anyone from buying premium models.

Also, the M5 has always looked like a 5 series and the 3 and 5 series have always ebbed and flowed at how similar they look.

Does it do what you want it to do is the question.

It's funny, a lot of people want to buy the car that no one else has. I want to buy the car that everyone else has so when it breaks, there is a huge aftermarket to take care of me.

8 hours ago, MKader17 said:

It's funny, a lot of people want to buy the car that no one else has. I want to buy the car that everyone else has so when it breaks, there is a huge aftermarket to take care of me.

Exactly why my wife has a Jeep and one of the greatest things about the Escalade.

As for the 3 looking like the 5 in the current ones from a long ways away they all look the same....and it sucks.  If it didn't suck I'd be ok.  The E class is downright ugly as fuck.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, ///M5 said:

Way more fun than the E63 or M5.  WAY

Thats really interesting.  Very good to know. I'm a lot smaller than when I was 550......

On 6/3/2021 at 9:20 PM, ///M5 said:

Every damn BMW looks like every other BMW now.  Who wants an M5 that looks like a 318

That is a really strong point that bothers me as well. They are all handsome but generic and heavy as well. 

I love how the old v10 m5-6 made me feel. 

If I could buy a stick a V10 M5 would be on the table, but being I am using my wives truck to tow my toys she has to be able to comfortably drive whatever I buy in the winter.  A stick will not make her happy.

Well mine will, but not one in a car

Well at least decals are selling a bit better these days.

J

Wanted to float out a vehicle situation for you guys and see what ideas you may have.

Dad has a 2018 Lariat 4d 4wd F150 with 12k miles. Owes $24K (0% interest). Only downside is it was in a front end collision that caused $20k damage. We've driven it for 8k since the wreck and it drives flawlessly but the auto start-stop doesn't work (took it to the dealer once).

Dad doesn't need the truck, he doesn't drive but his caregivers drive him and some are not comfortable with a big truck. It would be great for him to have something smaller and easier to get in an out of.

I have a 2012 Lariat 4d 2wd F150 with 150k. Owe nothing. Dad would sell me the truck for a deal and I would love 4wd (I learned my lesson) but I can't bring myself to it for some reason.

The other question is what would my dad get after. He mentioned a bronco sport but they are practically non existent.

Camping at this point but any suggestions? Money isn't really an object for dad if he convinces himself to part with it.

I've been battling a stubborn drain in my kitchen sink for a couple years now.  It finally totally backed up.  I now have holes in the wall on either side and It's backed up and broken all the way into the stack. . . . .    Which is cast iron. . . . .   And 6". . . . .   And runs all the way through the roof vent. . . . . .   And my shoulder's still so fucked I can barely swing a hammer. . .

Tried to buy a Vette this week too.  Told the guy I had to stop by the bank first and he was 1.5 hours away.  He said, "see you in a couple hours."  One hour into the trip, he calls and tells me it's sold.  WTF?!

Going to look at a Saleen Friday.

image.1582559515050.jpg

I will say this is one of the ugliest front ends of a car I've seen in a while.

They've been getting larger and uglier every year. 

Gaudy AF is the new in.

Dudes will be wearing sunglasses that match the kidney beans in no time.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:08 PM, Tirefryr said:

Going to look at a Saleen Friday.

Was it a peach?

On 6/20/2021 at 7:29 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Happy Father’s Day gentlemen.

Thanks brother!  Happy belated F'ers Day to you too!!

On 6/20/2021 at 9:35 PM, MKader17 said:

image.1582559515050.jpg

I will say this is one of the ugliest front ends of a car I've seen in a while.

Yes, pretty much fuck BMW.  Even the M5 has me turned off now.

14 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Gaudy AF is the new in.

Dudes will be wearing sunglasses that match the kidney beans in no time.

Along with 3 polo shirts stacked on each other.  Fuck.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:07 PM, Tirefryr said:

Tried to buy a Vette this week too.  Told the guy I had to stop by the bank first and he was 1.5 hours away.  He said, "see you in a couple hours."  One hour into the trip, he calls and tells me it's sold.  WTF?!

I fucking hate when people do this.

Sitting in the lounge in Schipol airport Amsterdam.  Feels REALLY weird to travel again...in particular here.

DId you buy the Caddy yet?

5 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

DId you buy the Caddy yet?

I haven't even start seriously shopping :P  I finished hanging the new garage stall last week.  When I get back from Germany I will start shopping more seriously

Ou may be cool.....

but.......

You'll never be 4 popped collars cool.

Only one more night for German food and then back home.  My bowels are excited.  The gas production here is 1000x Japan and 10x the US on my gastrointenstinals.  Nearly jihad levels.