Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Going to drive the E63 first....but that car is stupid and no wagons for sale atm

and motherucking everything I want has a bunch of it, wtf????

20 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I didn't drive the E63 though.

90% sure I am putting some money down on a Durango Hellcat and Cadiilac CT5 Blackwing.  Neither can I "buy" atm as there are waiting lists....but if, then perhaps, I will own one.

A quick google search found a few for sale in stock too. I've seen the Durango Hellcat and it is amazing.

J

On 8/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, MKader17 said:

I'm always glad to see it. Glad you are out there furthering your craft!

Trying to make a bigger name for myself and get some $$$ rolling in. The job hunt is mediocre lately.

J

16 hours ago, Godsmack said:

A quick google search found a few for sale in stock too. I've seen the Durango Hellcat and it is amazing.

J

I've not done the Durango, but have ordered 2 CT5 Blackwings.  Will take the one that comes in first.

21 hours ago, Godsmack said:

J

. . . Until it starts rusting through in 5 years.

On 8/4/2021 at 11:08 AM, ///M5 said:

I've not done the Durango, but have ordered 2 CT5 Blackwings.  Will take the one that comes in first.

I have yet to see one of those in person. From the photos it looks like an impressive machine.

J

On 8/4/2021 at 4:29 PM, Tirefryr said:

Not the same level of concern here as it is up north. It's pretty rare to see rust down here.

J

MN people, what can you tell me about Plymouth, MN?

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

MN people, what can you tell me about Plymouth, MN?

Lol.  Rated the best city in the country to raise a family in many times over.  Rather suburban for you, but lots of great suburbs near it.  Cost of living may make you shit.  What do you want to know?  My brother used to live there, my parents do now, my old house was 7mi out of it and I am about that far away from it now.

On 8/4/2021 at 3:29 PM, Tirefryr said:

I just bought something you might like even less.

Although someday when I see the value on those things sky rocket I may feel really stupid I walked....but I just can't spend $100k on something like that.

Only a handshake so far though.  Will see what the bankers say in the am.  Once it's done I'll share pics

Aaaargh.  Bank wanted a day for another bank to clear a check.  Tomorrow AM.  V8 twin turbo.  Not my normal jam.  

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I bought these

r9YxHfx.jpg

without listening to them

I have four P310s sitting in my basement.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Aaaargh.  Bank wanted a day for another bank to clear a check.  Tomorrow AM.  V8 twin turbo.  Not my normal jam.  

Well, you said no BMW, so that means AMG, Panamera, Chili Pepper, or an RS VAG. 

You were close.  Leaving to fetch it now.

...and yes subs come with the vehicle

On 8/9/2021 at 11:07 PM, ///M5 said:

Lol.  Rated the best city in the country to raise a family in many times over.  Rather suburban for you, but lots of great suburbs near it.  Cost of living may make you shit.  What do you want to know?  My brother used to live there, my parents do now, my old house was 7mi out of it and I am about that far away from it now.

Considering (at least per vids on YT) it's about 30 mins or so from Minne, I'm ok with that. It's not like I live in a major city, just a bigger suburb. I see the purchase price for a home there isn't horrible, but jumps based upon school district and how it's setup. I had applied for a remote position through a staffing agency in Minne, and while not what they wanted, they have a project manager position open with a company named Comm World. Full time and 34$ an hour. Not great, but finally getting into the direct role, and not just an additional duty isn't a bad thing. While I know MN is about 7% for income tax (at that pay rate), the other costs of living there are areas I'm unable to fill in the blanks on. I have seen it certainly seems cheaper to buy than to rent, but utility rates, gas costs, food, and other things I am ignorant on.

I'm trying to weigh everything out. I am not jumping for jones to relocate, but I am having a bitch of a time getting back to work here, it doesn't look like I'll have custody (or even her visiting here) for my kiddo any time soon, and after 8 years maybe it's time for a change.

I appreciate any help or guidance you can give.

J

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Can't wait to see it.

J

Now see, I didn't think you'd settle fro anything less than the RS line. 

Thank goodness for warranties!

There is no RS in the 6...but a simple tune and the S is faster than the RS.  Unlike the 6 cyl abominations this looks pretty easy to work on.  Pretty cool to see the turbos tucked where an intake would normally go.