Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Thank goodness for warranties!

I am voiding mine in the spring

7 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

There is no RS in the 6...but a simple tune and the S is faster than the RS.  Unlike the 6 cyl abominations this looks pretty easy to work on.  Pretty cool to see the turbos tucked where an intake would normally go.

A lot of guys on Audizine (Audi forum) praised the 6 and it's tuning ability.  They seemed to love it much like the I5. 

8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I gather you have a mechanic friend then. 

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

J

I'm thinking of buying electric.  Sean, have you done any work with VW?  Any insight on their electric program?

8 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

A lot of guys on Audizine (Audi forum) praised the 6 and it's tuning ability.  They seemed to love it much like the I5. 

It's nuts

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I'm thinking of buying electric.  Sean, have you done any work with VW?  Any insight on their electric program?

Yes.  First gen German means warranty only though.  The engineering in the id4 is 1000x what is in the tesla

...but it is slow.  The model 3p rips

9 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

A lot of guys on Audizine (Audi forum) 

What are you doing reading on there?

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  First gen German means warranty only though.  The engineering in the id4 is 1000x what is in the tesla

IF you went to a full electric vehicle would VW be your top choice? If so, why?

J

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

What are you doing reading on there?

I'm not anymore.  This was a year or so ago when I bought the S4 and was tinkering with it.

Ah, gotcha.  I joined recently.  I wasn't considering the Audi as I wanted a rwd car for the winter and it was the only choice that didn't offer that option.  After research though I expect it to be as cost effective as anything I could buy.  It was about half the price of a used E63 and 60% of the price of a CTSV or M5 and has the most swappable parts from the rest of the VWs making lots of things cost effective to repair.  The GSF came close, but it is boring to drive and the infotainment is awful.  Power adder on the Lexus would take away it's reliability bonus

The BMW and Benz drive like crap in comparison as well.  Both feel huge while the Audi shrinks.

I had both a B6 A$ and S4 and both of them were heavy cars that felt very nimble.  I LOVED driving them, but being as how I am my own mechanic, I just won't buy another. 

Congrats on the car.  Great color. 

On 8/13/2021 at 8:25 AM, Tirefryr said:

Thank goodness for warranties!

Bro. I’m trying to help him void it. Stop it with that crap. 

He needs that tune of fire. 

Edited by dem beats

On 8/13/2021 at 12:55 PM, ///M5 said:

You should probably order it now though so you have it ready…. Waiting for you .

:-)

On 8/13/2021 at 9:08 PM, ///M5 said:

The man has crypto markets to manipulate, weed to smoke with Joe Rogan, and tours with you tubers for space X.

Also, Germany.

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Congrats on the car.  Great color. 

I shit all over the color until he showed me some pics.  

Its stupid pretty and I hate grey Audi’s.  I wrote Sean several poems about my hate for grey and silver Audi’s. 

I even like the wheels on that though I normally wouldn’t.  I don’t think I ever drove this line up from Audi because everything about what I’m reading is good stuff. 

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ah, gotcha.  I joined recently.  I wasn't considering the Audi as I wanted a rwd car for the winter and it was the only choice that didn't offer that option.  After research though I expect it to be as cost effective as anything I could buy.  It was about half the price of a used E63 and 60% of the price of a CTSV or M5 and has the most swappable parts from the rest of the VWs making lots of things cost effective to repair.  The GSF came close, but it is boring to drive and the infotainment is awful.  Power adder on the Lexus would take away it's reliability bonus

You picked the best of them all.  

Even if you assume worst case on all vehicles, the Benz is more to fix no?

Also, this looks better than the Benz and I think I only liked the competition BMW from the same era and that’s $$$.

The absurd tunable power on the table alone gets me.  You know all I care about is how much boost I can cram in there. :-)

The wrong color is still great looking.  The wheel pattern I wouldn’t like otherwise is completely fine.  The better steering/handling from what you said is also a huge deal.

I’m still fine with being a Porsche or BMW fanboy, you picked the best one and probably what I would.  The deal was great.

The best part are those sick subwoofers though.

Thanks again Aaron. 

Timing could not have been better I doubt I could have logged in again if you hadn’t hooked it up. 

Much appreciated. 

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I had both a B6 A$ and S4 and both of them were heavy cars that felt very nimble.  I LOVED driving them, but being as how I am my own mechanic, I just won't buy another. 

Everything I work on now sucks.  Put an alternator in the wives Grand Cherokee which should be a 20min fucking job...but fuck you Jeep.  Thinking of servicing last in the design process is shit these days from everyone.

My mom's Volvo XC60...23.5 hours by the shop manual to change the transmission lol.  Thank fucking god I got Volvo to pay for all but $2k of it.  $10k job/part.  WTF is that.  It is a POS cheap car.

The mods are easy to get to on the Audi.  Turbo swap a piece of cake.

I abhor silver cars and struggled mightily, but like that color the best out of all the Audis.  I was fixated on white, blue but then saw Tornado.