Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Thanks Nem,

Talked to one guy on the phone. He seemed very knowledgeable. Said he's certified to use ceramic pro and a couple others but he much prefers using Fenylabs.

Quoted me $1350 to do cleaning, polishing and ceramic. This is on a brand new vehicle. He claims it's a 5 year coating and should only need washing with a slippery soap and good rags.

5 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Thanks Nem,

Talked to one guy on the phone. He seemed very knowledgeable. Said he's certified to use ceramic pro and a couple others but he much prefers using Fenylabs.

Quoted me $1350 to do cleaning, polishing and ceramic. This is on a brand new vehicle. He claims it's a 5 year coating and should only need washing with a slippery soap and good rags.

I just wish we all lived a little closer because you know I would do it. I can't comment on pricing, it may be good for the area. I have been told many times I am too cheap, but I live in a poorish area.  That is the reason I don't offer ceramic pro ( I am certified with them also), they control pricing which in your case ceramic pro pricing would be closer to $1600.

I would love to see pictures when it is done.

Googles Wayzata MN to Lock Haven PA?

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

Googles Wayzata MN to Lock Haven PA?

Might be a long trip, but you are always welcome. You can enjoy beverages while I work. :)

I don't drink and watch, but I do drink and work

5 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I don't drink and watch, but I do drink and work

I am good with that.

I did a corvette today and the owner insisted on helping, never turn down help. 

I can't upload the photos of the Corvette.

Next car I'll get delivered to a dealership near you, fly in and then drove it home?

1 minute ago, MKader17 said:

Next car I'll get delivered to a dealership near you, fly in and then drove it home?

Sounds good.

Next vehicle or after I get the Tundra repainted it will get this. It needs a repaint soon-ish anyways. Toyota cheaped out on the paint for sure.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:09 PM, Godsmack said:

You need to build a TTv8 trophy truck. It's the ultimate grocery getter.

J

Only you guys really know me. 

Neal you’re a wizard.  

I hated the work you do but now I see the enjoyment it provides.  Your effort to perfection and love of what you do really comes through brochachochip.  Way to go!

I have a local friend who does ceramic coatings and some amazing restoration who I help with photography info and tips etc.  you’re photos blow me away just as much and that dude is my pupil.  Lmao

17 hours ago, dem beats said:

Neal you’re a wizard.  

I hated the work you do but now I see the enjoyment it provides.  Your effort to perfection and love of what you do really comes through brochachochip.  Way to go!

I have a local friend who does ceramic coatings and some amazing restoration who I help with photography info and tips etc.  you’re photos blow me away just as much and that dude is my pupil.  Lmao

Thank you :)

Thanks for sharing you life and work with us. 

Love seeing it. 

I wonder if ceramic coating might be an option for musicians who hate fingerprints and wiping down every time they touch their guitar.....

J

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I wonder if ceramic coating might be an option for musicians who hate fingerprints and wiping down every time they touch their guitar.....

J

I would say no because after I do a vehicle you see every finger print. Finger prints drive me nuts. 

Washing their hands more would be the first step.  Oils leave prints, not sweat.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:29 AM, ///M5 said:

Washing their hands more would be the first step.  Oils leave prints, not sweat.

Groupies leave the oils, the sweat spreads them around. However the sweat does rust strings.

J

Oh hell ya.  I rape strings.  I am a sweaty mofo, but I also keep microfiber around all the time and have no problems with fingerprints.  I also always wash my hands before I play.

On 9/3/2021 at 4:41 PM, ///M5 said:

Oh hell ya.  I rape strings.  I am a sweaty mofo, but I also keep microfiber around all the time and have no problems with fingerprints.  I also always wash my hands before I play.

Smart man. I was simply curious about using it there as manufacturers have been changing their finish products for some time now.

J

On 9/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, ///M5 said:

I don’t believe in washing anymore. 

Going paleo and licking myself clean.  Just gotta knock out a few ribs and I’ll be good as gold!

I need to wash and wax the RX8.  I need to sell it too.

Anyone know anything about these D4S amps?  They look fucking awesome!