Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Thanks. Saw those on ebay.  Thinking I will grab one.  So far it is much better.  2.8 may be too open though as I can swing in and out of focus depending on how much attention I am paying.  So much more natural looking than my other webcam.  The flipping open of the mirror is disconcerting, but I used it for 3 hours today and all good.  I can't find how to focus in the Eos utility so I've been doing it manually, but that is the last frontier.

On 12/9/2021 at 3:00 PM, ///M5 said:

Thanks. Saw those on ebay.  Thinking I will grab one.  So far it is much better.  2.8 may be too open though as I can swing in and out of focus depending on how much attention I am paying.  So much more natural looking than my other webcam.  The flipping open of the mirror is disconcerting, but I used it for 3 hours today and all good.  I can't find how to focus in the Eos utility so I've been doing it manually, but that is the last frontier.

Does your lens default to the largest aperture? I tried setting my 1.4 to 2.8 and didn't seem to be able to get it to respond.

On 12/10/2021 at 7:55 PM, MKader17 said:

Does your lens default to the largest aperture? I tried setting my 1.4 to 2.8 and didn't seem to be able to get it to respond.

Manual mode let's you do anything

Power adapter I ordered didn't work.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:38 AM, MKader17 said:

Work is not footing the bill, but I would say it's not like buying the Cobra to take the kids to school. It's more like my realtor, who buys a certified pre-owned Range Rover. He could easily buy a new RAV4 for half the price, but there's definitely something nice about the Range Rover.

In the same vein, I'm going to be using this for a job that makes me money and has plenty of upside. For the first few months, this will be the only way some of my co-workers ever interact with me.

Also, I still would use the camera for, well, camera stuff. Family photos, etc. So I'm really justifying the extra cost with double use. That being said. If I can use the 60D and throw on the 24mm, which I've been wanting for a long while, that may be the ticket.

I also used my friends mirror less that does not have a view finder and there's no way I'm getting one without anymore, if I were to get one in the future.

Keep in mind man I'm simply busting your stones. I just wanted you to admit you really wanted it for camera stuff. You just wanted a better reason to get it (because if you don't write this off as a work expense you are making a massive mistake), and I like this reason. Hell I support this reason.

J

I feel like my midlife crisis is coming on at 36.

-Massive issues with my kid and her lying; lies that were initially withheld from me, but then shared with me after she lied to her mom even more.

-No real luck getting to work in project management and quite honestly, unless it's something I am REALLY jazzed to want to jump to I haven't been applying even if it might fit. I'm enjoying the political writing I'm doing now, I could use better money. Still damn nice to be appreciated for my writing.

-For some reason part of me wants to relocate someplace cheaper like Augusta, buy a house as well as place big enough to have a gallery and a studio to shoot in. Use it to showcase artists who want a chance to sell their work. Let people have gallery nights and such.

J

On 12/17/2021 at 1:16 AM, Godsmack said:

I feel like my midlife crisis is coming on at 36.

-Massive issues with my kid and her lying; lies that were initially withheld from me, but then shared with me after she lied to her mom even more.

-No real luck getting to work in project management and quite honestly, unless it's something I am REALLY jazzed to want to jump to I haven't been applying even if it might fit. I'm enjoying the political writing I'm doing now, I could use better money. Still damn nice to be appreciated for my writing.

-For some reason part of me wants to relocate someplace cheaper like Augusta, buy a house as well as place big enough to have a gallery and a studio to shoot in. Use it to showcase artists who want a chance to sell their work. Let people have gallery nights and such.

J

I'm sorry about the lying part. That can really suck, particularly when both parents aren't on the same page..

I think that COVID has made a lot of people reconsider their priorities in life. I'm personally hoping that it's one of the great things to come out of the pandemic. Heck, I've been doing engineering for 10+ years and just made a complete career change into the IT field. I'm not sure what your financial situation is, but if you can change locations and have a descent income while building something you are passionate in, now is always the time.  With a relocation, I would find somewhere that really is underserved in providing support to artists and try to make my mark there.

This may be no where close to what you are thinking, but around here, people are really turning on to the idea of repurposing rural housing for a business and consumers are loving the out of the way experience. Examples are a drive through Christmas light place that someone built in the woods of their property; There's a new brewery outside of town that is a ranch style home and a shop. I've also seen some new nice restaurants built a few minutes outside of town. Not sure if there would be the possibility of buying a house out in the woods and making a swanky gallery that people go to particularly because of the mystique of it. Just brainstorming here. My main take away is, if you can keep yourself from starving, branch out and try something that you are really passionate about. It may be a complete failure of a business, but teach you everything you needed to know about where you want to go in life.

Murray Christmas!

On 11/29/2021 at 3:12 PM, dem beats said:

Might be the only way.  Thanks!  Johnny on the spot bro!

If I got the ohms and found only one set of terminals I would that be enough to confirm what version of maelstrom I have?  They only had 2 revisions I think. 

If the box size is correct now. Why not cut off the destroyed part, re-add the correct length with a butt joint, then box the outside to sister them together? would give a cool plinth effect and solve the problem. If you don't want the plinth, could scab over the seam inside with minimal space lost. Option 2: just rock the size they are and if not satisfied, revert to option 1. 

If I had my old computer I would have the parameters you gave me. As I had them uploaded in Winisd.

I DO have the modeling graphs uploaded on here now that I think about it...

On 12/20/2021 at 8:21 AM, MKader17 said:

I'm sorry about the lying part. That can really suck, particularly when both parents aren't on the same page..

I think that COVID has made a lot of people reconsider their priorities in life. I'm personally hoping that it's one of the great things to come out of the pandemic. Heck, I've been doing engineering for 10+ years and just made a complete career change into the IT field. I'm not sure what your financial situation is, but if you can change locations and have a descent income while building something you are passionate in, now is always the time.  With a relocation, I would find somewhere that really is underserved in providing support to artists and try to make my mark there.

This may be no where close to what you are thinking, but around here, people are really turning on to the idea of repurposing rural housing for a business and consumers are loving the out of the way experience. Examples are a drive through Christmas light place that someone built in the woods of their property; There's a new brewery outside of town that is a ranch style home and a shop. I've also seen some new nice restaurants built a few minutes outside of town. Not sure if there would be the possibility of buying a house out in the woods and making a swanky gallery that people go to particularly because of the mystique of it. Just brainstorming here. My main take away is, if you can keep yourself from starving, branch out and try something that you are really passionate about. It may be a complete failure of a business, but teach you everything you needed to know about where you want to go in life.

Yes it can. Thankfully we seem to both be there now. Time will tell. For my own safety I'm waiting to talk to her until she's in solid therapy, because something is obviously very VERY wrong.

COVID has made people reconsider a lot for sure. I have been thinking about it a lot, and the one downfall is the now fiancee's family lives here and unless I have something solid to move for, she's not too keen to move. I can understand that, but it's also financially irresponsible. Then again I do enjoy being in a city that has a solid setup for what I enjoy covering most; live events.

I grew up with people doing that outside of Buffalo, NY and many still do it now. It can be a great moneymaker if you're happy with the condescension that tends to come with it. The snooty wives who feel like visiting these places is a charitable act. Or that because they 'have money' they can always have it their way. We saw a lot of that.

Oddly enough I found a space that is in downtown Augusta, GA that has the bottom rented for a record shop, and the top two floors need reconditioning. Due to the age they are eligible for a shit ton of grants. Top floor studio, middle floor gallery. Rent out the bottom floor as a record shop but make it nicer. Could be a reasonably profitable place if pushed properly.

J

Before I start tossing the Directed/Viper audio amps on eBay, anyone got an interest? I can throw up or PM/text some photos if so. All BNIB; never installed or used.

Directed Model 200

Directed Audio A502

Viper Audio 200.4

J

Man it's been quiet in here!

I know I've asked this before, but I'm going to ask again and THEN go search.

I'm looking for a scope for my rifle. I'm not a gun nut, and I know that I'm buying something that will probably last me the rest of my life (unless some crazy advance in technology comes out). I shoot 100-200 yds and value low light visibility.

What's the recs?

Well…..  the ex had access to my everything.  

She absolutely had my old email so she even had access to this site.  

Sean, Aaron, thank you for helping me change that.  

I have bo idea how long she may have been impersonating me.  When I was 15-17 or sometime around then my ex was already moved out and I stayed with my ex wife Jenn for a while.  She Dated my roomate Sean and then while he was at college she and I got together. 

I have no idea what she has done to Sean but I think he’s going to find out what she’s been doing behind the scenes soon.  

the point is, if I’ve ever reached out to you, know that my social security number, my decided mothers SS, and my health insurance and info is out there on the internet.  Be careful all of you.  

The is the worst possible situation I think I could have stepped into.  I hope she never targeted any of you, up until now I didn’t understand how recent and how sick she is/was.

I don’t even know what to say. 

I want to thank all you guys for being awesome and a great support resource. 

On 1/28/2022 at 3:20 PM, dem beats said:

Well…..  the ex had access to my everything.  

She absolutely had my old email so she even had access to this site.  

Sean, Aaron, thank you for helping me change that.  

I have bo idea how long she may have been impersonating me.  When I was 15-17 or sometime around then my ex was already moved out and I stayed with my ex wife Jenn for a while.  She Dated my roomate Sean and then while he was at college she and I got together. 

I have no idea what she has done to Sean but I think he’s going to find out what she’s been doing behind the scenes soon.  

the point is, if I’ve ever reached out to you, know that my social security number, my decided mothers SS, and my health insurance and info is out there on the internet.  Be careful all of you.  

The is the worst possible situation I think I could have stepped into.  I hope she never targeted any of you, up until now I didn’t understand how recent and how sick she is/was.

Goddamn man. I'm glad you've escaped and are on the road back to regular. It's also a good reminder to vary your passwords and information as well as storing it securely.

J

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/inside-america-s-legendary-audio-gear-factory?utm_source=pocket-newtab

So magnets move to produce sound? "Amplifiers boost the puny electrical output produced by, say, a turntable so it can move the massive magnets that allow loudspeakers to produce music."

J

If I had your number, shoot me a text with your name. I lost almost all my contacts. 

Oof. Never a fun time

I’m over it. 

Just downloaded the T-Mobil apps and I’ve been getting non stop scam calls etc. 

I have a huge mess to clean up, so I’m going to get on it.  Everyone I knew told me not to marry her. I should have listened. 

Edited by dem beats

On 2/12/2022 at 1:45 PM, dem beats said:

I’m over it. 

Just downloaded the T-Mobil apps and I’ve been getting non stop scam calls etc. 

I have a huge mess to clean up, so I’m going to get on it.  Everyone I knew told me not to marry her. I should have listened. 

Hindsight is always 20/20 brother. It's gonna suck a big fat one getting through things, but you'll do it and do it damn well.

J

It’s hard when my body will not do any of the things I tell it to.  But I’m working on it. 

On 2/15/2022 at 4:12 PM, dem beats said:

It’s hard when my body will not do any of the things I tell it to.  But I’m working on it. 

Progress itself is the important part, not the level.