Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I’m honestly 6 month in to a work from home job with a low end chair my wife still has from college. Lol

My wife uses a medicine ball mostly.

I’d  be interested to hear options as well!

On 5/23/2022 at 3:20 PM, MKader17 said:

I’m honestly 6 month in to a work from home job with a low end chair my wife still has from college. Lol

My wife uses a medicine ball mostly.

I’d  be interested to hear options as well!

This one is a nicer but low end construction wise chair. I've tried the medicine ball, but felt it sat too low for me to be comfortable.

J

On 6/28/2022 at 12:35 AM, Tirefryr said:

Just got back from a short trip to Wyoming.  Man, is it fucking GORGEOUS out there. 

So I've heard. Waiting word back on a position in Montana and moving on to the next step. They make it sound like they want to fly me out there for a visit, so I'm awaiting the decision, and hopeful. I'd love to visit out there, and possibly relocate myself. Getting insane down here.

J

I'll be headed up to Colorado for a week, on the south side of Denver. Looking forward to escaping the heat and getting in some hikes!

On 6/28/2022 at 12:35 AM, Tirefryr said:

Just got back from a short trip to Wyoming.  Man, is it fucking GORGEOUS out there. 

What parts did you visit?  I went out there a few times in the 90's and would love to have a second home there.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, Godsmack said:

So I've heard. Waiting word back on a position in Montana and moving on to the next step. They make it sound like they want to fly me out there for a visit, so I'm awaiting the decision, and hopeful. I'd love to visit out there, and possibly relocate myself. Getting insane down here.

J

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

What parts did you visit?  I went out there a few times in the 90's and would love to have a second home there.

I was in Sheridan and Big Horn National Forest.

On 7/15/2022 at 11:18 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

Good luck!

Appreciate it. Unfortunately the person I would have been replacing chose to leave earlier than expected, so despite being told to expect the offer letter, a different manager extended the offer on the spot to someone local who could start sooner. Damn shame too.

J

On 7/15/2022 at 12:38 PM, Tirefryr said:

I was in Sheridan and Big Horn National Forest.

Very cool.  :)

23 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Appreciate it. Unfortunately the person I would have been replacing chose to leave earlier than expected, so despite being told to expect the offer letter, a different manager extended the offer on the spot to someone local who could start sooner. Damn shame too.

J

Shit, sorry to hear.

On 7/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Shit, sorry to hear.

It happens. My fiance pointed out the communication problems I'd been having as they took longer to get back to me than they said at several steps of the process, and the "oh we should be able to do that" statements turning into "sorry but we can't do that" answers, this might have not worked out long term. Either way the search continues. Thankfully this writing gig is providing some income. This wedding is certainly not cheap lol

J

While BKFC is coming up on Saturday, here's something from the other publication from MMA last week.

https://www.rocketsports-ent.com/once-again-its-time-to-light-em-up-vigilant-mma-cq-21-battle-buds-banger/

J

On 5/23/2022 at 1:42 PM, Godsmack said:

Figure it's time for something new in here lol

I'm doing a lot more writing and editing of photos lately. The computer chair I picked up a few years ago just isn't comfortable 5 years later. What is everyone using and how do ya like it?

J

I like the top of the line from steelcase. They held up for me.  

https://www.steelcase.com/products/office-chairs/leap/

I have an older version.  I found them at a place that sells office 2nd hand office furniture.  I got a GREAT deal.  I was able to get a tall piston for one of them to accommodate my architect desk.  You will find these office furniture resellers in almost every city.  Check local and find something dope.  

The place I went hires people who are rehabilitating. Felt good supporting them. 

HumanScale chairs are pretty fantastic as well last time I checked.  Herman Miller makes one that’s really amazing if your not a giant.  It’s a step up from the aeron. I feel the Aeron is a bit over rated. 

Those look pretty well made. I'll have to check one of those out!!

J

The parts are easy to find as well.  Used in high end office situations where people sit for a lot of hours.  Even the janky one is better than almost every other chair I’ve used. 

Fun to see a little action on here!

I got in a wreck last month. Ran a light under a highway and got T-boned by a sedan. The initial estimate to fix my truck is a couple of thousand away from totaling it. I REALLY hope they do.

The wife and I are talking about selling her car and getting something like a used Lincon Navigator to use as the big family vehicle and tow pig. I would find something cheap (preferably with a stick shift) to use around town. I don't drive much anymore with my work-from-home job, so we can go down to one vehicle pretty easily. Also, have my dad's Bronco sport available to drive almost any time.

Curious what you guys think on this. This is a Google Maps view of the lights at the intersection. This is the exact view you get going through the light.  Note how the lights are point off to the side. I'm wondering if this is an up-to-code setup (it's temporary for the construction).

AL9nZEVwyYfdGB5XItmnjTDMXwhok6lHjrqgkBst

On 8/8/2022 at 2:47 PM, MKader17 said:

I got in a wreck last month. Ran a light under a highway and got T-boned by a sedan. The initial estimate to fix my truck is a couple of thousand away from totaling it. I REALLY hope they do.

The wife and I are talking about selling her car and getting something like a used Lincon Navigator to use as the big family vehicle and tow pig. I would find something cheap (preferably with a stick shift) to use around town. I don't drive much anymore with my work-from-home job, so we can go down to one vehicle pretty easily. Also, have my dad's Bronco sport available to drive almost any time.

Shit man. Sorry to hear that. I assume you got checked out and talked with a lawyer? Heal up soon!!

On 8/8/2022 at 2:50 PM, MKader17 said:

Curious what you guys think on this. This is a Google Maps view of the lights at the intersection. This is the exact view you get going through the light.  Note how the lights are point off to the side. I'm wondering if this is an up-to-code setup (it's temporary for the construction).

AL9nZEVwyYfdGB5XItmnjTDMXwhok6lHjrqgkBst

Can't see the image or a link.

J

On 8/8/2022 at 1:47 PM, MKader17 said:

I made the assumption, but I hope you’re ok!  

Do you guys need to tow long distances?  When working at the film/tint shop I met 2 people who stopped using their diesel trucks for a Model X as a work vehicle to tow trailers.  Even with the car payment they are both saving a few hundred a month. 

Edited by dem beats

On 8/13/2022 at 1:01 PM, Godsmack said:

Shit man. Sorry to hear that. I assume you got checked out and talked with a lawyer? Heal up soon!!

Can't see the image or a link.

J

Same

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

I made the assumption, but I hope you’re ok!  

Do you guys need to tow long distances?  When working at the film/tint shop I met 2 people who stopped using their diesel trucks for a Model X as a work vehicle to tow trailers.  Even with the car payment they are both saving a few hundred a month. 

They must be towing light loads short distances, in which case a diesel would be pointless to begin with.   Plenty of data out there to show the impracticality of towing with a current electric vehicle.

Yeah, if you need to tow more than 100 miles at a time an electric vehicle is impractical at the moment.

We are potentially looking at a Navigator. Drove a 2019 and it is absolutely insane how nice and smooth they are.