Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Why do you guys need so many god damn screens? Looks like Macgyver's HQ.

only have room for this,

photobucket-92079-1358285714005.jpg

wish i had space for this

ibqNP.jpg

Yeah, but I hate the inability to unsubscribe or stop following the damn thing. 20+ emails a day is annoying.

My Settings> Notification Options, uncheck whatever you don't like.

Been there, done that, several times.

Block SSA email if you dont care?

Everyone prefferences are different. I don't really have anything usefull to put on a second screen to care.

Maybe if I was a game streamer.

To set the SSF to a specific frequency, turn the filter all the way down (10hz) and disconnect the sub. Turn the volume on the HU up to some arbitrary level (the volume level itself doesn't matter), and play the 33hz test tone (if that is what you are trying to set your SSF to). Measure the voltage output of the amplifier with a DMM. Then multiply this voltage by .707. So if you measure the voltage output and it's 2V, then you would multiply 2 * .707 = 1.414. With the test tone still playing and your HU at the same volume level, turn the SSF knob up until the voltage drops to your calculated voltage, in my example that would be 1.414V. This will set your SSF to 33hz.

Can this method be used for setting the LPF?

trying to set the ssf to a specific frequency? you could do it quicker by ear if you have someone turning the knob while your listening to the sub play a test tone.

I am playing the sub at 2.5x rated power. I want to do it right, now quicker. smile.png

Edited by The enD

To set the SSF to a specific frequency, turn the filter all the way down (10hz) and disconnect the sub. Turn the volume on the HU up to some arbitrary level (the volume level itself doesn't matter), and play the 33hz test tone (if that is what you are trying to set your SSF to). Measure the voltage output of the amplifier with a DMM. Then multiply this voltage by .707. So if you measure the voltage output and it's 2V, then you would multiply 2 * .707 = 1.414. With the test tone still playing and your HU at the same volume level, turn the SSF knob up until the voltage drops to your calculated voltage, in my example that would be 1.414V. This will set your SSF to 33hz.

Yes, method is exactly the same except you would obviously want to have the LPF set at maximum instead of minimum when measuring the first voltage and then turn the knob down until you achieve the calculated target voltage. Will also say that the .707 only works properly if the filter is a butterworth. If it's LR then the multiplier would be different.

ya it will work

Yes, method is exactly the same except you would obviously want to have the LPF set at maximum instead of minimum when measuring the first voltage and then turn the knob down until you achieve the calculated target voltage. Will also say that the .707 only works properly if the filter is a butterworth. If it's LR then the multiplier would be different.

Do you have idea what type of filter do the SAZ line from Sundown use?

you turn the volume up so you have 2.0v(for example), when you turn the crossover and it suddenly changes to 1.9v, tada

Me :

Can I just use the method above with 707 ?

In the example above it changes from 2.0v to 1.414v

not 2.0 to 1.9

If you do, it will have surpased the frequency, you'd be filtering higher than what you're trying to be

So who is right? :)

I'm shocked at the amount of liquid, broth and wine, it sounds like so much. Does a lot boil off when simmering the carrots?

No, because a simmer isn't a boil. Simmer is a single small bubble every few seconds.

BTW, it's great with champagne....but beware of too much garlic if you add to it.

Carrots are somewhat like potatoes they tend to soak up the liquid and then when you puree them you get a velvety smooth feel. Nice stock helps this of course. I don't normally use a ubery chicken stock that I've built with a ton of veggies and other items but more of a standard can like consistency stock but of course with the collagen influence of the bones in homemade.

Great with champagne Matt if you didn't drown it all in OJ this am

hmm, thought I forgot to add that.

Damn muddy road on the way to work. The bike chain is definitely a casualty of the winter and the muddy road. I didn't ride for 2 days and the chain was rusty as hell. Added some oil, went for a ride and now my rear rim and chainstay are caked in rusty water.

I added an extension to my front guard and left an inch ground clearance. Really curious if it works since it sucks going in the office with muddy shoes.

Wife is sore as hell. Rear ended yesterday. Hard enough to push her 8' forward into the trailer hitch of the truck in front of her. CRV that hit her is WAY totalled and a 2012. The XC90 looks pretty good actually. Rear bumper cover, rear lower hatch are shot. Small hole in the front plastic from the hitch. Only thing that isn't so great is that the fuel door won't close now. Tells me the whole quarter may be tweaked. I assume that would total it out. Figures since we bought tires 2 weeks ago.

I hate soup.

why?

Why not? I enjoy chewing my food, not drink or sipping it. Now I don't mind stews or good old chicken noodle soup.

I hate soup.

why?

Why not? I enjoy chewing my food, not drink or sipping it. Now I don't mind stews or good old chicken noodle soup.

Ah, so you don't like vegetables.

I hate stews.

Looks like a new law regarding cyclists has been passed, requiring us to ride on bicycle lanes. Which lanes cover about 5% of the city.

I'm really curious if I'm going to be pulled over for riding on the sidewalk. Oh yeah, I usually ride sidewalks which see very little pedestrian traffic.

Wife is sore as hell. Rear ended yesterday. Hard enough to push her 8' forward into the trailer hitch of the truck in front of her. CRV that hit her is WAY totalled and a 2012. The XC90 looks pretty good actually. Rear bumper cover, rear lower hatch are shot. Small hole in the front plastic from the hitch. Only thing that isn't so great is that the fuel door won't close now. Tells me the whole quarter may be tweaked. I assume that would total it out. Figures since we bought tires 2 weeks ago.

Ouch, glad she's ok though !

I like vegetables and I prefer to chew them.

I just reordered checks. $24, WTF?

Does anyone know if there is a way to download a transcript of or your actual text messages?

Do you have idea what type of filter do the SAZ line from Sundown use?

you turn the volume up so you have 2.0v(for example), when you turn the crossover and it suddenly changes to 1.9v, tada

Me :

Can I just use the method above with 707 ?

In the example above it changes from 2.0v to 1.414v

not 2.0 to 1.9

If you do, it will have surpased the frequency, you'd be filtering higher than what you're trying to be

So who is right? smile.png

iirc buttersworth cut off frequency is at the -3db point while LR is -6db. so .707 for BW and .5 for LR.

Wife is sore as hell. Rear ended yesterday.

Must. Not. Make. Joke...