Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

It sounds like the door is cocking. Is it dual or single spring? Could be the controller too.

The motor will tell you everything that is wrong. Does the light blink when it goes back up? Mine did this a couple times and I had to get the sensors replaced. But the repair guy told me the unit tells you whats wrong. Light blinks twice means this**** Light blinks three times means this**** etc etc. The manual should tell you what each scenario means. Try to look it up online if you cant find the paper back. If I had known this when I had the problem I would have saved the money I paid him

This is from our local paper. Damn Amish Mafia! ;)

Criminal mischief

HOWARD-Meriam Slack's and Doris Yearick's mailboxes were damaged between Jan. 13 and 14, along with other damaged mailboxes reported, state police at Lamar said.

Amish buggy tracks were visible along the shoulder at one location, police said.

Anyone with information, please contact PSP Lamar at (570) 726-6000.

http://www.lockhaven.com/page/content.detail/id/543181/Police-News-Jan--22--2013.html?nav=5028

It sounds like the door is cocking. Is it dual or single spring? Could be the controller too.

Dual spring I'm 90% sure. Will triple check in a few.

The motor will tell you everything that is wrong. Does the light blink when it goes back up? Mine did this a couple times and I had to get the sensors replaced. But the repair guy told me the unit tells you whats wrong. Light blinks twice means this**** Light blinks three times means this**** etc etc. The manual should tell you what each scenario means. Try to look it up online if you cant find the paper back. If I had known this when I had the problem I would have saved the money I paid him

No lights blinking. When the sensors go bad it blinks.

How do I make my head unit not shut off every time I start the car?

I just checked, I joined this forum one day before tirefryr in 2004. Whoa.
I just che

cked, I joined this forum one day before tirefryr in 2004. Whoa.

That's odd because I joined right after this place started. I think it was 02? I know we had a big data loss or revamp or something. Maybe that's when everything restarted?

You know, that sounds better to me. I was on carstereos.org and some others before 2000. I didn't join here right after it started, lurked for a bit. Crazy to see quite a bit of the same names places.

I just checked, I joined this forum one day before tirefryr in 2004. Whoa.

Well hello there, good to see you back.

Thanks. I have a bunch of stereo equipment sitting in a room. Trying to convince my wife to let me put it in here car, as my work truck does not have room. I miss having nice sound in my vehicles.

Has you screen name always been that?

Turn the head unit off before you shut off the car, when you get back in it should stay off

Formerly Denim.

There it is! Thanks

My name is wrong I don't have a 94z28 anymore. I have a 94 BMW 530i I'm in the process of selling and a 2005 regular cab gmc sierra. No room in the truck for anything fun with all the tools though.

Turn the head unit off before you shut off the car, when you get back in it should stay off

What good is that?

What good is that?

Sorry read it backwards. Thought you meant turning ON.

Carry on

Bypass the fuse box and wire directly to the battery? Not sure if that's a good idea though...

Do you mean if you are playing with it on acc, then you turn the key further to start the car it turns off and back on? If so I am interested in a solution as well.

But Seth, I want to work until I am 80. tongue.png

You jest, but sadly the poor spending and poor credit habits of our country is forcing the majority of Americans into just that scenario. I guess I was lucky I got all that shit and the keeping up with the Jones's attitude out of my system early.

Do you mean if you are playing with it on acc, then you turn the key further to start the car it turns off and back on? If so I am interested in a solution as well.

Yes that.

Wiring it directly to +12 won't help as It will be more annoying turning it off every time I shut the car.

Google is not helping too. I might buy a relay and wire it to the clock or whatever.

Clock will have continous. The issue is you need to find a switched ignition wire that stays hot while cranking. Get out a test light and poke the ignition wires while cranking. If it stays lit, there is your source.

Aaron, we love you for giving us this awesome site. The complaining is only because we care about the great quality we have grown accustomed to, thank you so much for all you do. biggrin.png

Thanks, set the bar high, and you are forever trying to stay above it. ;)

Formerly Denim.

There it is! Thanks

My name is wrong I don't have a 94z28 anymore. I have a 94 BMW 530i I'm in the process of selling and a 2005 regular cab gmc sierra. No room in the truck for anything fun with all the tools though.

Shoot me a PM if you want to change it. :)

Clock will have continuous. The issue is you need to find a switched ignition wire that stays hot while cranking. Get out a test light and poke the ignition wires while cranking. If it stays lit, there is your source.

Clock works except when the key is at OFF.

Bypass the fuse box and wire directly to the battery? Not sure if that's a good idea though...

It will still most likely happen. Starter uses a bunch of volts and HUs protect themselves.

Formerly Denim.

There it is! Thanks

Shoot me a PM if you want to change it. :)/>

Whaaaaaaaaa?????

I may. Would all past posts change too? I wouldn't want that per sey.

It will still most likely happen. Starter uses a bunch of volts and HUs protect themselves.

Good point. Sounds like a waste of time trying to bypass it anyway.