Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I can't read it too well, but I am going to assume it's a printout of trouble codes.

What be dat papa peng?

According to the thread, a customer rolled into this guy's shop and wanted the CEL cleared so he could pass inspection. These were the error codes the mechanic received.

Sean, Glad your buddy is ok.

Nem what brand do you wear for safety boots? I ask because while I know my experience lacks in years to yours, I wear boots daily and sometimes for weeks at a time with only taking them off to shower change socks and powder my feet (damn deployments) and if I can help with suggestions I am more than happy to. Let me know what brands and 'styles' of boots and soles you have had and what you liked/disliked about them.

J

I like to wear DR Martins laced boots. I prefer the ankle support over a slip on as I typically climb through/on grain and on barges. But I go to a foot doctor (forget the medical term) and had custom insoles made for about 250 bucks. The did a 3d scan of my feet and made them with a 3d printer. They have outlasted two pairs of boots. night and day difference from anything else I've ever worn.

I wear Docs on my time off unless I am sneakers or flip flops. Work wise I wear Danners. Most comfortable Army boots I have ever had.

J

Oakley and Nike also make decent boots believe it or not.

J

Nem what brand do you wear for safety boots? I ask because while I know my experience lacks in years to yours, I wear boots daily and sometimes for weeks at a time with only taking them off to shower change socks and powder my feet (damn deployments) and if I can help with suggestions I am more than happy to. Let me know what brands and 'styles' of boots and soles you have had and what you liked/disliked about them.

J

Currently these.

http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4208383

They prefer I wear a low shoe rather than a boot. I have worn dr martains, but their steel toe shoes seem to have gotten really cheap and don't hold up as well as they used to.

I've got a set of Timberlands on my feet right now.  I had to buy some safety toe shoes for a plant in Tucson that I was working in, local place sold these with a 30-day money back return policy if I didn't like them.  I got the low top ones since I'm not working in the weeds/fields anymore and I love them.  If I need taller boots, I throw the danners on, but for day to day stuff my feet have been living in the Timberlands since December.  

J

You didn't ask me but I love redwing boots. You pay for them, but my last pair lasted 10 years of really hard but occasional use, and one year of a labor job in horrible conditions.

And they fit so good... so comfy

Right now my boots are an amazing pair of BANFs. They are a hiking boot, not work boot. I used to hike in my redwings. I was more mobile, but they were too flexible.

Danner makes a nice boot too.

If you don't need steel toe there are a plethora of great hiking boots that are all significantly better for your feet than the ones listed so far IMO.

I somewhat lied when I posted the Klim boots.  I also have a pair of Lowa's which are super.  If my foot were shorter there are other options too: La Sportiva, Zamberlan, Scarpa, Salewa, Garmont, Montrail, Boreal.  Just not many made in sizes upwards of 50.

Dope-cannon-010.jpg

Police in the border city of Mexicali say they have recovered a powerful improvised cannon used to hurl packets of marijuana across a border fence into California.

Police told the Televisa network that the device was made up of a plastic pipe and a crude metal tank that used compressed air from the engine of an old car.

The apparatus fired cylinders packed with drugs that weighed as much as 13 kilos, police said. It was confiscated last week after US officers told Mexican police that they had been confiscating a large number of drug packages that appeared to have been fired over the border. Mexican police on the border have recovered a series of similar devices in recent years.