Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

If you don't need steel toe there are a plethora of great hiking boots that are all significantly better for your feet than the ones listed so far IMO.

I somewhat lied when I posted the Klim boots.  I also have a pair of Lowa's which are super.  If my foot were shorter there are other options too: La Sportiva, Zamberlan, Scarpa, Salewa, Garmont, Montrail, Boreal.  Just not many made in sizes upwards of 50.

Safety toe is required.

Dope-cannon-010.jpg

Police in the border city of Mexicali say they have recovered a powerful improvised cannon used to hurl packets of marijuana across a border fence into California.

Police told the Televisa network that the device was made up of a plastic pipe and a crude metal tank that used compressed air from the engine of an old car.

The apparatus fired cylinders packed with drugs that weighed as much as 13 kilos, police said. It was confiscated last week after US officers told Mexican police that they had been confiscating a large number of drug packages that appeared to have been fired over the border. Mexican police on the border have recovered a series of similar devices in recent years.

They copied my air cannons!

If you don't need steel toe there are a plethora of great hiking boots that are all significantly better for your feet than the ones listed so far IMO.

I somewhat lied when I posted the Klim boots.  I also have a pair of Lowa's which are super.  If my foot were shorter there are other options too: La Sportiva, Zamberlan, Scarpa, Salewa, Garmont, Montrail, Boreal.  Just not many made in sizes upwards of 50.

Safety toe is required.

Figured, but the word boots was used and outside of hiking and comfort I'm lost.  Thought I'd highlight what I consider boots though :)

Dope-cannon-010.jpg

Police in the border city of Mexicali say they have recovered a powerful improvised cannon used to hurl packets of marijuana across a border fence into California.

Police told the Televisa network that the device was made up of a plastic pipe and a crude metal tank that used compressed air from the engine of an old car.

The apparatus fired cylinders packed with drugs that weighed as much as 13 kilos, police said. It was confiscated last week after US officers told Mexican police that they had been confiscating a large number of drug packages that appeared to have been fired over the border. Mexican police on the border have recovered a series of similar devices in recent years.

That's a huge bong Neal

Safety toe is required.

Figured, but the word boots was used and outside of hiking and comfort I'm lost.  Thought I'd highlight what I consider boots though smile.png

All brands listed are nice.

I do agree with you Docs steel toe quality has gone down significantly, but their 'lifetime' editions are a much higher quality.

I cannot speak for redwings as I have never owned a pair.

J

Dope-cannon-010.jpg

That's a huge bong Neal

We made a large one like that that fires into a manifold at ground level and makes people jump into webs in the dark. Always a great scare too.

Women are absolutely ridiculous when they hear about lifting weights. 

I was talking to 2 from work about this and at some point they started laughing and mocking what I said. Although the atmosphere in the office is always on the joking side of things, if somebody explains something you don't start mocking them immediately, it seems very disrespectful to me. First time ever that something like this got to me and I had to give ugly looks to make them understand that I'm not in the mood for mocking. 

I feel a bit bad for letting that get to me but at the same time if somebody doesn't know where to draw the line between making fun and being serious I think it's better to draw the line yourself. 

People tend to think working out is a joke. Too bad the laugh is on them.

J

I was talking to 2 from work about this and at some point they started laughing and mocking what I said. Although the atmosphere in the office is always on the joking side of things, if somebody explains something you don't start mocking them immediately, it seems very disrespectful to me. First time ever that something like this got to me and I had to give ugly looks to make them understand that I'm not in the mood for mocking. 

Gotta get my pump on Bro! :D

Stoked for this to come out.

Shot of the sled with all my gear as I returned.  Gone for 4 days, missed more than half a day due to some bullshit and a run to the ER for surgery, managed 750 miles and this is all that I carried. smile.png

IMAG0218_zps464e45af.jpg

Managed 1300mi in the past 10 days and 2000 in the past 20.  Finally a real winter!  Still hasn't been ideal, but at least I've got a few miles on.  If I can add another 1k then I'll be happy.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward for next winter now that I learned how to ski laugh.png

If I had a snowmobile I'd probably move at the arctic circle for a few months laugh.png

Gotta get my pump on Bro! biggrin.png

One of my top goals this year is learning to care less about everything that does not affect me directly. 

But high-maintenance women are still my pet peeves. 

It's funny to see how women act after years of having their asses kissed. 

Dope-cannon-010.jpg

looks like a port wars cannon.

Gotta get my pump on Bro! biggrin.png

One of my top goals this year is learning to care less about everything that does not affect me directly. 

That's one of my goals as well, but I have a hard time shrugging stuff off that I believe is wrong. I must fight the urge!

Clark's Wallabee's.  :)

There's an actual brand called Shit-Kickers, too.

Fuck. Our snow is shot. Just rode 30mi to lunch and my shit isbgetting hot