Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Knee wraps? Squat suit? Pffft!

Ah, power squats :D

My hamstrings and butt are battered 3 days after power squats. 

Ah, power shitsbiggrin.png

My hamstrings and butt are battered 3 days after power shits. 

You should get yourself checked out

So my hard-drive continued filling up randomly. Finally figured out the problem, but had to jump through fucking hoops to find it. angry2.gif

I cracked my lip laughing, thanks Sean :lol:

Cross that out, still happening. MOTHERFUCKER.

Edited by BrutalBasser

Ah, power squats biggrin.png

My hamstrings and butt are battered 3 days after power squats. 

Maxed out at 905 because "there wasn't enough room left on the bar and there aren't enough 100 lb. plates"

What a beast! Stepping out with that much weight and no knee wraps is insane, also not very smart.

If you don't need steel toe there are a plethora of great hiking boots that are all significantly better for your feet than the ones listed so far IMO.

I somewhat lied when I posted the Klim boots. I also have a pair of Lowa's which are super. If my foot were shorter there are other options too: La Sportiva, Zamberlan, Scarpa, Salewa, Garmont, Montrail, Boreal. Just not many made in sizes upwards of 50.

Think mine are lowa.

What a beast! Stepping out with that much weight and no knee wraps is insane, also not very smart.

Knee wraps, shirts, belts don't protect from anything. They can only remind you of what to do properly. I know almost 4:1 people who have been injured using those tools than those who go without. 99.99999% of people don't even use those properly.

Shirts give assistance for sure though. Those things definitely are for sure cheating.

They are Lowa. And soooooooll comfy. Most comfortable boot I ever had. Leather inside and out.

Pure foot sheksh.

Knee wraps, shirts, belts don't protect from anything. They can only remind you of what to do properly. I know almost 4:1 people who have been injured using those tools than those who go without. 99.99999% of people don't even use those properly.

Shirts give assistance for sure though. Those things definitely are for sure cheating.

Seems counterproductive, but good for egos.

For someone who have been powerlifting on and off for almost 20 years and has bad knees and elbows you are wrong. They don't necessarily remind you to do things right, in some cases they force you to. Same goes for wrist wraps, after almost breaking my wrist I couldn't think of going heavy without them.

Same for my tendinitis in my elbows, I can not have problem for months as long as have my simple tendinitis brace, but if I don't have it I don't do dips that day. If I do I may be hurting for weeks. And nothing changes with my form. Now I would only use my belt when I got to 495 and over, never used it below that.

Maybe it just because I'm old, hell I was squating 600+ 13 years ago, over time that shit gets to ya. Haha

Suits and shirts will help you gain a bit. But everyone else will be using them so the gain is mute. The typical noob will not just throw on a shirt and lift. A shirt it designed to keep your elbow in and keep your shoulders tight. And they have absolutely zero help when locking out they actually impede lock out. When wearing shirts your mechanics are completely different from a "standard" bench. It forces you to use your pecs and triceps rather than your delts.

Seems counterproductive, but good for egos.

That's why a lot of people are turning to Raw powerlifting. Belt, sleeves, wrist wraps. Nothing more.

Edited by Penguin4x4

Speaking of sleeves, I got my blue Rehbands in the mail yesterday.

I never cared for suits and shirts. But I never trained in them, always raw. So I never did gain much using them. Deadlifts have always been my favorite, no belt, never used straps, wearing sox... Big weight, love it

Edited by swift

I never cared for suits and shirts. But I never trained in them, always raw. So I never did gain much using them. Deadlifts have always been my favorite, no belt, never used straps, wearing sox... Big weight, love it

I have a few national meets under my belt. I'd love to get back into training, I've got people in my area with tons of records in both raw and equipped leagues. I have a couple myself but I just can't justify the time it takes to get back to the top 10 in the world where I was at before.

I have a few national meets under my belt. I'd love to get back into training, I've got people in my area with tons of records in both raw and equipped leagues. I have a couple myself but I just can't justify the time it takes to get back to the top 10 in the world where I was at before.

That's awesome man. I have done local meets, placed as well, have some trophies. But I was more for fun and a general heavy trainer. I liked the size that came with a bodybuilding/powerlifting style so I stayed towards that. Never could have been super competitive on your level without a major focus on it which is hard. I will see if I can dig some meet pics up. I was always heavy, people way stronger than me at my weight in the national events. I competed in 252lb class. I thought I would compete again a few years ago but injuries stopped me. Felt great, was 275lbs and getting back up there but had some sudden health issues and had surgery. Hadn't been back in it since. Really want to though

I didn't say that those tools don't have a point. They provide compression. That helps already injured joints and such function. Compression does a lot of things, including stopping pain and inflammation.

As for shirts helping you use your tris and pecs, then do flys and skull crushers. And they do assist with the lift massively from off the chest. I lift elbows tucked and my shoulders barely get any work already. In a shirt it just eliminates it a bit more.

Shirts, suits, belts etc are a bit like a tow cable in swimming. It gives you an idea of what performing above where you should feels like. And ultimately, for most, results in injury.

If you have an injury, and need them to stop from aggravating something then you are using it as DME and not a work out tool. If I have no legs, but decide to run, it doesn't make my robo legs not DME no matter how performance engineered they are.

As for the thought of, if one guy has a shirt every one has a shirt, dthat isn't always true. If you used them you know different padding inside the shirts and how many lifts you have used them for will make a HUGE difference. And while trianing it's best to not lock out hard anyway. So maybe that is one benefit a shirt can teach you.

I have seen canvas and some crazy denim but never padded shirts. All my gear is Inzer but only polyester

I've seen women wear padding, not men.