Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Anyone ever use a Power Probe? Looks like a neat little gadget: www.powerprobe.com

I like vegetables and I prefer to chew them.

You can't beat a chicken or turkey or beef soup :)

I was working through the noise troubleshooting guide that is sticky'd in the amplifier section. seem's like the rca's were picking up alternator whine or maybe its the fuel pump? Bit surprising, i figured alt whine was caused by a bad grounds..

Ok, Ford mechanics. Got a rough idle/bog down miss at low RPM on the ole '94 F-150 w/ 5.0L It runs fine at higher RPM on acceleration, but bogs down and will buck/miss some on low rpm idling. Thoughts on what it could be? Pulled codes and got a 172 and 212, a is/was lean code and SPOUT circuit failure. They might be left over from when I swapped out the ICM and O2 sensor and I didn't have the ground off long enough to reset. The CEL doesn't come on when driving either, plugs/wires/O2 sensor were replaced yesterday and while it runs better, it isn't fixed.

Things its had replaced since I've gotten it.

Plugs (motocraft copper core)

Wires

Cap

Rotor

Coil

O2 Sensor

TPS

EGR

ICM

Multiple cracked vacuum lines

The spout connector on the ignition module on the distro will affect timing. Have you checked this module? Often they go bad if clogged. I'd check the vacuum line on that module, then do a reset. Drive for 10 minutes, if not cured, I'd be suspect of the ignition module.

Anyone ever use a Power Probe? Looks like a neat little gadget: www.powerprobe.com

I fucking love mine. I have been using them for years. Last year I bought their master set (PPKIT03), with short/open circuit tester, the PPIII, and all adapters. I use it almost every single day. It has simplified diagnosis by a ton. I looked at the Hook, but really didn't see it being worth the extra money.

Looks like I have to dust off the hardhat for the Super Bowl.

Damn Sean glad to hear that is all that happened.

Looks like I have to dust off the hardhat for the Super Bowl.

What do you do with this hat?

The spout connector on the ignition module on the distro will affect timing. Have you checked this module? Often they go bad if clogged. I'd check the vacuum line on that module, then do a reset. Drive for 10 minutes, if not cured, I'd be suspect of the ignition module.

I agree. It is likely the module. I know you replaced it, but you want the Motorcraft module, not an aftermarket unit. I remember that the manuals listed the incorrect number for years, not sure if it is still that case, but just be sure you have the right unit.

If it is missing bad enough it could have sooted the new O2. So you might want to warranty that, but you need to keep in mind that the O2 reads oxygen in the exhaust, not fuel. If you have a misfire O2 and fuel will increase in the exhaust flow. The )2 sensor will read the high O2 content, and it ignores the excessive fuel.

Halfway to Harbaugh bowl. SF/Atl game was sure a lot more exciting than this one though. Jeez.

holy 500 errors. half my hop posts didn't show up either :(

Hey Mark, it looks like we lost a day or so?

Yeah the last post I see is 7pm last night.

But holy shit the site is flying.