Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Was a second mother to me.  Took care of us while my mother battled cancer.

Died 3 hours after my mother left for Istanbul.  Going to break her heart

Sorry Sean :(

She had a good life. More concerned about my mother. She was with her literally 24/7 for the past month and left on a trip. A few hours later Eris passed.

Her husband Ingvar taught me to drive when I was 6. Had me drive him to town, lol

Starkey will make custom molds for any earbuds or supply them with drivers. All depends on what you "need".

I was thinking about seeing them when the time to make the mold comes.

I quite obviously have no knowledge of how armature speakers work, or the crossover design skills it would take to come up with anything.

After the turbo failure I'm re-evaluating the Jeep...

In the years I've had it: 

New heads

New custom radiator

Oil cooler setup

New rear springs

Addco swaybars

All maintenance up to date

it still requires a new turbo (either a rebuilt stock one or a used VNT turbo off a newer car), an A/C condenser and a better intercooler. 

Now, with all those things changed, I just about covered everything that could fail, apparently all other expenses would be maintenance. And I'm still stuck with an old Jeep. Not much electronically that can go wrong and leave me stranded but not extremely comfortable. Hooray for cool factor :) 

Seeing the price of 2005-2008 diesel Grand Cherokees, I thought about selling my Cherokee and buying one of those...

10 years newer

Much more comfortable

More power

Huge knowledge base for everything, including the engine

Mercedes diesel and transmission

WORSE mileage

Very capable off-road, for what I use it, bone-stock, it's better than the Cherokee.

$600 yearly tax (double of that for the Cherokee) and possibly higher insurance. 

If I keep on top of maintenance and fix known issues preventively it should be a very sturdy ride. Seeing the European Union concerned with emissions, who knows what the heck is going to happen and I won't be able to drive my Cherokee in the next 4-5 years due to strict emission laws. The Grand would be much better emission-wise (not that I care about being green). 

I'm kinda emotionally attached to the Cherokee, it's a nice ride, rust-free, interior is perfect, paint/outside looks good. With a new VNT turbo I would close the performance gap to the Grand. 

Sorry for your loss Sean. :(

Adrian, you cheeky bastard.

Nice move :D

New lil zoomer?

mazdamx-52016debut-10.jpg

I actually like that.

I actually like that.

Rumors that the next Speed3 will be AWD, especially if the EVO does not return.  If so, they can take my money now. ;)

I actually like that.

Rumors that the next Speed3 will be AWD, especially if the EVO does not return.  If so, they can take my money now. wink.png

No shit!?  Any more info??  I wonder if it will be Haldex or another Ford design.

Sorry to hear Sean.

Anyone know of a way to measure extremely high pitched sounds?

I have a friend who is interested in studying the communications of bees.

J

Anyone know of a way to measure extremely high pitched sounds?

I have a friend who is interested in studying the communications of bees.

J

Sure.

http://www.polytec.com/fileadmin/user_uploads/Applications/InFocus/Full_Papers_1_2010/LM_AN_INFO_0205_E_Dancing_Bees.pdf

Not so sure you want to try to measure the "sound" but the source of it smile.png

That isn't high frequency though, so I am curious as to what he is trying to accomplish.

And as a reference, that article was written utilizing about $120k worth of lasers.

I actually like that.

Rumors that the next Speed3 will be AWD, especially if the EVO does not return.  If so, they can take my money now. wink.png

No shit!?  Any more info??  I wonder if it will be Haldex or another Ford design.

No set details yet.  I think it was leaked as a teaser to gauge interest.  Regardless, they need to make it AWD, as once you go 300hp, it is silly to be FWD IMO.

I actually like that.

Rumors that the next Speed3 will be AWD, especially if the EVO does not return. If so, they can take my money now. wink.png

No shit!? Any more info?? I wonder if it will be Haldex or another Ford design.

No set details yet. I think it was leaked as a teaser to gauge interest. Regardless, they need to make it AWD, as once you go 300hp, it is silly to be FWD IMO.

Yes, and it was a bit dated as well. They need to quit bull shitting anyways and just get it done.

I actually like that.

Rumors that the next Speed3 will be AWD, especially if the EVO does not return. If so, they can take my money now. wink.png

No shit!? Any more info?? I wonder if it will be Haldex or another Ford design.

No set details yet. I think it was leaked as a teaser to gauge interest. Regardless, they need to make it AWD, as once you go 300hp, it is silly to be FWD IMO.

Yes, and it was a bit dated as well. They need to quit bull shitting anyways and just get it done.

I am fighting myself to not buy a used Speed3 as it is now.